Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Salad talk. I may have already posted this, but I just gotta post.

Went to a local pub for a pint and some food a bit ago. Sit at the bar, get a menu. I look right and the person next to me is having this delicious looking salad. I ask what it is and they point it out on the menu. "Bang Bang Cauliflower Salad".

I'm good with cauliflower. I don't buy it but will eat it when someone is serving it.

I look two barstools to my left and another person is having the same thing. Fate is speaking to me so I order one.

It was mind blowing. There were some greens like kale in there, and a few other diced veggies; but the dressing was incredible. Not too hot, but really flavorful spicyness.

The funny part was that these two people had salad bowl portions. Mine comes served on a plate and it like 3 portions piled on there. A huge, huge plate of salad. I ask the bartender if I ordered right. Yup, kitchen is shutting down for the night and they just want to get all the food out rather than throwing it away.

I ate that salad for 40 minutes; went through a couple of pints. It was truly delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

i have leftover fajitas and an untouched order of mole enchiladas for later from a place that has just insane portions.

Each entree comes in this size of foil pan absolutely filled with rice/beans/entree/ Extras :staredog:

Jesus gently caress I want this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm having leftover thai

For frozen pizza, the Motor City Pizza Co ones are decent but being that I can get Detroit pizza whenever I want, it's alright. There's other frozen pizzas that are decent too

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

computer viking don't fall!!

I survived, but it's exactly as slippery as it looks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got up at8 and walked Oli to school andcame
home and fell back asleep til now lmao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Melting some pepper jack on top of tuna salad and sourdough rn

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i think the sourdough is part of the tuna melt otherwise it would just be tuna and cheese bit i am not a chef

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a Too Fancy for my tastes bakery opened near me. mostly cupcakes and desserts but they make their own tuna salad, tarragon/pecan pecan chicken salad, and pimento cheese and sell it by the pint for $16 with loafs of brioche or "seeded bread" for $9. and guess what: ive never tried it. too drat fancy in there. all steel and black and white

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that pimento cheese sound good

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

a Too Fancy for my tastes bakery opened near me. mostly cupcakes and desserts but they make their own tuna salad, tarragon/pecan pecan chicken salad, and pimento cheese and sell it by the pint for $16 with loafs of brioche or "seeded bread" for $9. and guess what: ive never tried it. too drat fancy in there. all steel and black and white

I have one of these up the street from me. The owner used to be a pastry chef at The French Laundry. Baked goods are pretty good, but I've never bought any actual meals from them. Probably not worth it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i been playing video games a bunch lately because i paid for a subscription to scribd and saved like 15 books i want to read and im locked out of all of them until the 22nd, real unlimited reading there guys

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sid Vicious posted:

i been playing video games a bunch lately because i paid for a subscription to scribd and saved like 15 books i want to read and im locked out of all of them until the 22nd, real unlimited reading there guys

what books you trying to read there sid?

i just started a 1920s britain murder mystery/time loop thing called The Seven and a Half Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. p good so far

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Diary of a Murderer bu Kim Young-Ha, A Quiet Place by Seicho Matsumoto, Revenge by Yoko Ogawa, The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All by Laird Barron, a bunch of stuff by Lindqvist including Let The Right One In and Childgrave by Ken Hall and I had The Ritual ready to read but I am almost through the audiobook now, plus some short story collections and Mathesons complete works

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Laird barron is good in general but haven't read that one yet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Laird barron is good in general but haven't read that one yet

short story collection, i think i have two other books by them saved too but cant read any of this despite paying for exactly that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Carl is at the “I’m gonna CHOMP everything including your tender flesh” stage of puppyhood :negative:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Carl is at the “I’m gonna CHOMP everything including your tender flesh” stage of puppyhood :negative:

That phase isn't all bad at least you get to make melodramatic crying sounds when he bites u

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also i worked every night for a week so I just logged off at 12 and am not logging back in today time to watch dumb action movies

watched Nobody last night, now for some Liam Neesons in Nonstop

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao god drat it i was telling Into The Mild about ahegao sweaters and he ordered one for me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

lmao god drat it i was telling Into The Mild about ahegao sweaters and he ordered one for me

Model it ASAP

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

Perfect for the holiday season!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Something to ahegao walk the dogs in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

That phase isn't all bad at least you get to make melodramatic crying sounds when he bites u

I did this last night and the look he gave me was priceless.

And then he chomped me again.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

668... The Neighbour of the Beast

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my wife said im not allowed to wear it to work because a lot of my clients owners have ring doorbells lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

also i worked every night for a week so I just logged off at 12 and am not logging back in today time to watch dumb action movies

watched Nobody last night, now for some Liam Neesons in Nonstop

Watch some Nic Cage flicks!!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Yeah, I know that trick works for some owners but my roommate's puppy back during my college days did not give a gently caress. What made him stop nipping at us is the one time he bit my other roommate and then that roommate bit him back lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

my wife said im not allowed to wear it to work because a lot of my clients owners have ring doorbells lol

Once again we see discrimination against the most oppressed group of all: weebs.

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

When my parent's puppy was at that age and they wanted to talk about him without him knowing, my dad would call him "the savage beast" or "the apex predator".

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

probably the worst part of wearing an ahegao sweater would be the people who recognize it and want to talk to you about it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sebmojo posted:

668... The Neighbour of the Beast

A very good beer

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Aardvark! posted:

this also works on cats

one of my cats will gently bite on my foot while staring up at me to make sure he's not hurting me :3: if I go "oh noooo" he immediately lets go and runs around the apartment

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this also works on me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Day one of being back from vacation and I only got through last Monday’s emails. That was with mostly keeping up with what came in today though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Day one of being back from vacation and I only got through last Monday’s emails. That was with mostly keeping up with what came in today though.

I sent you an email

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I sent you an email

Reported as SPAM

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
My car did a thing I will share with this thread:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

fartknocker posted:

:nice:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Internetjack posted:

Salad talk. I may have already posted this, but I just gotta post.

Went to a local pub for a pint and some food a bit ago. Sit at the bar, get a menu. I look right and the person next to me is having this delicious looking salad. I ask what it is and they point it out on the menu. "Bang Bang Cauliflower Salad".

I'm good with cauliflower. I don't buy it but will eat it when someone is serving it.

I look two barstools to my left and another person is having the same thing. Fate is speaking to me so I order one.

It was mind blowing. There were some greens like kale in there, and a few other diced veggies; but the dressing was incredible. Not too hot, but really flavorful spicyness.

The funny part was that these two people had salad bowl portions. Mine comes served on a plate and it like 3 portions piled on there. A huge, huge plate of salad. I ask the bartender if I ordered right. Yup, kitchen is shutting down for the night and they just want to get all the food out rather than throwing it away.

I ate that salad for 40 minutes; went through a couple of pints. It was truly delicious.

"I was worried too much cauliflower and kale would be too spicy, A British Tale"