Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Barreft posted:

Why does your avatar say, "Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid"?

To give people fair warning regarding my (lack of) personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Is it bad that I'm just considering making an alt in the EU datacenter at this point since getting online on Primal is so stupid? Does the cross continent lag just make the game impossible?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sage is;....... good

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cutedge posted:

Is it bad that I'm just considering making an alt in the EU datacenter at this point since getting online on Primal is so stupid? Does the cross continent lag just make the game impossible?

Unless you never played before. I can't imagine going through the whole game again with no guarantee you'll be able to transfer to primal. Primal's already at the 22k limit where it boots you before logging in, so you know if you even try to wait for 4 hours you going to get 2002'd

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

z6 shout chat is a non stop trash fire. Tying a cool mount to a world FATE with a random 36-72 hour cooldown with heavily congested servers full of gamers was a mistake.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Hitting the final boss of Orbonne be like
https://i.imgur.com/gBRQBQt.mp4
I'm pretty sure 100% of the groups I've gotten have wiped here at least once, it owns :laffo:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Cutedge posted:

According to some comments in a Discord I'm in, the EU servers are worse right now. Getting into this game is rough right now worldwide unless you can log in real early and stay logged in. An extra character on another data center won't help right now.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Insert name here posted:

*snip*
I'm pretty sure 100% of the groups I've gotten have wiped here at least once, it owns :laffo:

I've been lucky and got WoD the past few days, at least that goes okay once you get past Ahriman :v:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

According to some comments in a Discord I'm in, the EU servers are worse right now. Getting into this game is rough right now worldwide unless you can log in real early and stay logged in. An extra character on another data center won't help right now.

During EU primetime sure, but right now there is no queue on either datacenter for EU. If you're in the US and don't have a character yet, creating one on EU and transferring in a few weeks/months isn't a terrible idea.

(Allowing world transfers to other regions right now is probably the best thing they could do to help with congestion, assuming the system wouldn't catch on fire if it was turned on).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Insert name here posted:

The Kitchen Sink attack is not usually seen outside of savage raids. It's pretty impressive.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Begemot posted:

I've been lucky and got WoD the past few days, at least that goes okay once you get past Ahriman :v:
I actually wasn't joking about how it owns, I cackle like an idiot every time I get a wipe there :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Game crashed. 5000 person queue on relog. I'll play more tomorrow.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I gotta say I am loving the current endgame experience of chilling in Zone Six with 600 other people for hours waiting for the megafate to spawn

I'm not even joking it's nothing but funny chat and dog towers

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I didn't get the frog mech mount from the ShB FATE until just last month so I'll probably get the the EW one in two years time.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's great that they still haven't been able to make you save a spot in game/queue if you crash

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Barreft posted:

It's great that they still haven't been able to make you save a spot in game/queue if you crash

I'm not heartbroken. I've gotten to play a lot and I'm off until january 5th, so I can just log in tomorrow morning when there is no queue.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zone 6 spoilers:

The twins just sacrificed themselves to open the way to Meteion. I RP walk through the NPCs, hearing their voices. Every step is agonizing. My friends are possibly gone forever, because they believe in my ability to save their world.

I push through the last NPC. I approach the steps.

I get disconnected and there is a 5k queue.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hello me

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I get disconnected and there is a 5k queue.

Ah, so you met Meteion

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well since people are posting spoilers in this thread, gently caress it, I'll share my joke from the other thread. Spoilers through Level 87 MSQ:

Hermes: "i have made a von Neumann probe"
Emet-Selch: "you hosed up a perfectly good bird is what you did. look at it. it's got anxiety"

(Seriously. Big Spoilers up to Level 87 MSQ)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Insert name here posted:

Wow, that's pretty dire.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where should I go to mine the cool new maps now?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

unless somethings changed it should just appear on regular high level nodes
if its the wrong one (the single person one) just skip it til a node coughs up the party one. you use your daily allotment when you gather it

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
It appears to be mostly Zone 6 nodes, though there are a few exceptions for fishing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

YoshiOfYellow posted:

(Seriously. Big Spoilers up to Level 87 MSQ)

:perfect:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Insert name here posted:

I have loved the stat squish because Orbonne/the Ivalice raids doesn't feel like a face roll the way it used to. At least, not as severely. I'm sure that'll change by the time we have 6.5 gear but still, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man I wish Orbonne was ever a face roll.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
New gear won’t change an old raid at all because everyone is still synced to the same ilevel.

You could prob minimax a bit for substats but ultimately that wouldn’t be much if a difference.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I main DPS nowadays but I love tanking Orbonne. A good tank makes a huge difference there. Hell, even the first pull will eat healers if the tanks don't mind the adds

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I would pay money to opt out of doing the Stormblood raids ever again

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I haven't gotten the Nier raids since the stat squish... Puppets Bunker is gonna be a shitshow....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spudd posted:

Yeah, gently caress doing the raids that are fun and interesting, i want to do LotA and ST until the day I die

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

New gear won’t change an old raid at all because everyone is still synced to the same ilevel.

You could prob minimax a bit for substats but ultimately that wouldn’t be much if a difference.

Oh duh, I dunno what I'm thinking.

Either way though I've been enjoying it again. Take back the Echo, SE

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spudd posted:

The game is worse for your presence.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The problem with stormblood is not that they did "two expansions in one" and it needed to be split, its that they spent literal years building ala mhigo as a part of the world with backstory and emotional ties to multiple characters and then immediately decided they would spend half the expansion on a deeply boring Riff On Medieval Japan with basically nothing to distinguish it from every other time that setting has been used in pop culture, featuring Prince Room Temperature Pudding that everyone loves for (...) and basically exists only to tell the rest of the cast how to be a Proper War Time Leader and show up the characters we might've actually been invested in, had they not been immediately orphaned by the plot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The doma part was far better than the ala mhigo part

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, gently caress doing the raids that are fun and interesting, i want to do LotA and ST until the day I die

Maybe I've just been in bad late-night groups, but even LotA and Syrcus have been kinda spicy lately -- haven't seen a lot of wipes, but people are eating deaths regularly on content where I wouldn't expect it. I think people really aren't used to respecting the mechanics and/or don't know them, and the stat squish is making that obvious? Kind of wild, if also kind of predictable in retrospect.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Maybe I've just been in bad late-night groups, but even LotA and Syrcus have been kinda spicy lately -- haven't seen a lot of wipes, but people are eating deaths regularly on content where I wouldn't expect it. I think people really aren't used to respecting the mechanics and/or don't know them, and the stat squish is making that obvious? Kind of wild, if also kind of predictable in retrospect.

I've had the same experience, at least with the Heavensward series. It's a lot more enjoyable to me to see people frantically trying not to eat poo poo, but that could also just be newer players and I'm not realizing it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Also it had the Azim Steppe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clarste posted:

Also it had the Azim Steppe.

I want to go back to there so god drat bad :(