Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It should just be room audio of KJ watching the movie with little to no commentary and absolutely no explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Has there been any word on the adventure zone animated series? I remember seeing some speculation that it may have been quietly canceled but I think that was just some weird internet posters making poo poo up.

edit: oh i guess it was only announced in January 2020. It feels like it was earlier than that. Thats the perfect time to get started and then have production get absolutely wrecked by covid.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, covid can't help. Production on an animated show can take several years even without a pandemic.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQxlrQZSDc

Clint's beard

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

god, I love Richard Stink so much

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sankis posted:

Has there been any word on the adventure zone animated series? I remember seeing some speculation that it may have been quietly canceled but I think that was just some weird internet posters making poo poo up.

edit: oh i guess it was only announced in January 2020. It feels like it was earlier than that. Thats the perfect time to get started and then have production get absolutely wrecked by covid.

Ron Funches as Taako

e: Ron Funches as everybody

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I think the weirdness in this week's TAZ is partially because they've had some *terrible* strings of rolls this arc (if I'm not just doing confirmation bias) and partially honestly Griffin going overboard on danger for a job that they picked because it was a low challenge rating. It's also because there's one character who's sensible and cares about dying and two characters who happily hurl themselves into danger. Anyway I still think it's by far the strongest TAZ has been in years and they will work the character dynamic out as they go, but it's a bit weird for now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

It's also because there's one character who's sensible and cares about dying and two characters who happily hurl themselves into danger.

I haven't played a lot of D&D, but this seems like the fate of every game. It only takes one player to turn everything into a knock-down drag-out, and so everything becomes that.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zutaten posted:

god, I love Richard Stink so much

Richard Stink has been completely outdone by the original now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95Dqt8In6U

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Griffin's hair is graying in the exact same pattern as mine is, and that's a little unnerving to see. And I don't even have kids yet!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

What an amazing creature.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I thought it was an Original Justin Bit.

Well, I'm wrong a lot, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol what is going on here is someone forcing this man to do this on live television why would you put this out into the world do another take my dude

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I thought it was an Original Justin Bit.

Well, I'm wrong a lot, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

i've seen other Cologne Guys than just this one that are equally insane, it's an entire Type of Guy, it rules

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did Justin finally give up on Besties?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No, but it would be funny if he bounced shortly after sponsors rolled in.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

omg chael crash posted:

Did Justin finally give up on Besties?

The Tuesday "resties" are always just Chris and Russ. I think Justin was just on like two weeks ago?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Honestly I think Justin is probably either enjoying a holiday vacation or it's a scheduling conflict. I'm not actually worried.

Hell now that I think about it he's probably going back and playing games he passed on before they get to their game of the year.:v:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's a good bit that they only bring Justin in for deck builders, but now everything is a deck builder!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Griffin's doing some more Guy Fieri LTTP streaming again on Youtube.

Not sure the 1-hit KO is making this any more fun though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chieves posted:

Yeah I wound up jumping past so much of the end of the first one because it was just the same thing over and over.

Did he stream his pokemon run and then edit down for YouTube? Be nice if he did that again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I wound up jumping past so much of the end of the first one because it was just the same thing over and over.

Did he stream his pokemon run and then edit down for YouTube? Be nice if he did that again

Peacecraft and Nuzlocke were heavily edited.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Peacecraft and Nuzlocke were heavily edited.

Did he live stream them anywhere?

I think streaming replaces editing videos for a lot of people just because it's so much easier. I doubt we'll get edited versions of this thing because he's posting full streams.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Chieves posted:

Griffin's doing some more Guy Fieri LTTP streaming again on Youtube.

OHKO things only really work if you're going for the classic "getting mad at videogames" kaizo vibe or you're really, really good at whatever game you're playing imo

Cause if you're not really good at the game it ends up like what I caught of Griffin's first stream which was him getting killed by the same eyeball statue like 50% of the attempts

Makes it a weird choice for Griffin to stream unedited, but people seem to be enjoying it online so more power to them

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

ultimately it's a matter of if you're watching to see someone play a video game or if you just put the video on because The Talky Guy You Like is talking for two hours

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So Griffin based all of Ethersea off of rolling random tables, wrote a custom random table, and the party rolled a 1. So the worst direction the DM, personally, could possibly think of to take the story is where the story is going.

Zombie apocalypse, right? It's gotta be a underwater zombie apocalypse

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

How did the chaperones know Amber killed those guys?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Froghammer posted:

So Griffin based all of Ethersea off of rolling random tables, wrote a custom random table, and the party rolled a 1. So the worst direction the DM, personally, could possibly think of to take the story is where the story is going.

That’s what I’m figuring. What I suspect is that he’s either going to pivot it into something else to make a call to action or just drop his original plans for something else entirely. The delay in that roll doing things was plenty of time for him to pivot any which way. I’d be interested to hear what the original plan was in a TAZZ down the line. Good DMs lie/fudge things a bit in the interest of the story.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Froghammer posted:

I'd think a good DM quality would be keeping the party on rails without them catching on that they're on rails

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

as long as the final encounter isn’t about fighting nebulous tendrils of chaos energy i’m fine

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

misadventurous posted:

as long as the final encounter isn’t about fighting nebulous tendrils of chaos energy i’m fine

What about the well defined tentacles of order energy?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have that pic of young McElroys playing Rock Band at like the Smirl household or something

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Escobarbarian posted:

Does anyone have that pic of young McElroys playing Rock Band at like the Smirl household or something
https://twitter.com/rileighsmirl/status/1315804499219558400?s=21

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Learned some horrifying new tidbits in the lore of count donut

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh Russ, you beautiful dingdong

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

PostNouveau posted:

That was a polygon thing though, wasn't it? He probably had someone else editing them or was being paid to do it himself for those.

edit: listening to an mbmbam from earlier in 2021 and holy poo poo this stuff feels like it was years ago not 11 months ago

Sankis fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 19, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1472419645701378050?s=20

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Always a good day when you don't do that.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHX_4BltbSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohpoRSZKxE