Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1470406393962315785

E: Outbreak confirmed at Brighton as well now. Looking more and more like the Christmas schedule is hosed

Is there a definitive list of which clubs have active cases at the minute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

a couple months ago Klopp said like 99% of the Liverpool squad were fully vaccinated so I hope they're all fine and boosted and the Premier League is forced to go ahead with festive fixtures because of TV contracts and Liverpool demolish a bunch of children 20-0.

i'd imagine for a couple of weeks klopp just told big virg to go around glaring intensely at everyone and then looking utterly disdainful if they hadn't yet been vaxxed. like matip really didn't want the vaccine but he was so terrified of VVD that he went and got it just so virg would stop looking at him like that.

its called "marshalling the defense" and harry maguire's lack of ability in this area is why manU is about to all get covid

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I dont have a definitive list, but from memory at least Tottenham, Man Utd, Norwich, Leicester, Aston Villa, Brighton and maybe Brentford but they might be done with it. These are all so bad that they've announced it to the media, there might be others that haven't.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

goddamnedtwisto posted:

All of them

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Canny wild that everyone in the prem immediately caught this new variant innit. I can’t recall the last massive breakout. Bizarre

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pretty sure the OP has the league table in it

Bape Culture posted:

Canny wild that everyone in the prem immediately caught this new variant innit. I can’t recall the last massive breakout. Bizarre

Covid's thing has always been crazy transmission, which vaccines helped with a lot but this one could end up the dominant strain as more transmissible than delta, which was moreso than the earlier mutations. The vaccines mainly help with severity but when the country is mostly "back to normal" mingling wise and no masks in shops other than as a personal choice etc, and Christmas parties kicking off it's not that surprising really.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 13, 2021

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Bojo hosed it by making masks optional essentially.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Bape Culture posted:

You think they’d let Spurs off with having a winter break by themselves?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1470457816011919365

E: I assume that means past 7 days, not "today"

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I wonder if all of us will survive Christmas if we can’t watch the foot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Can't see football continuing for much longer

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1470491702725124109?t=L3vCZmjgmANhTWbAuB2CjQ&s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jesus christ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Game called off

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1470543928793382918

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crooked man city not postponing tonight's game in the middle of a spike in infections, desperate to sneak a win past a Leeds team that's not even running on fumes because the fumes have run out. Sad!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

Crooked man city not postponing tonight's game in the middle of a spike in infections, desperate to sneak a win past a Leeds team that's not even running on fumes because the fumes have run out. Sad!

Leeds players are all safe from infection because Bielsa never lets them stop running long enough for the virus to catch up.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1470719051462844418
lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was straight on the web looking for juicy details when arteta said he was dropped due to disciplinary issues hoping he'd chinned someone but he just came back a day late from compassionate leave. Very arsenal levels of disappointment

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

nice meltdown

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Was straight on the web looking for juicy details when arteta said he was dropped due to disciplinary issues hoping he'd chinned someone but he just came back a day late from compassionate leave. Very arsenal levels of disappointment

He flew to Barcelona for a tattoo didn’t he lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1470733284187545604?s=20

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pretty amazing that Arsenal will have two ex-captains still playing for them. Never heard of anything like that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Don’t Arsenal have like 4 vice captains

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

That was an Emery thing. I don’t think they do it anymore.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Did they each get a key?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

TBH I prefer Newcastle's current plan to avoid Premier League rules from next season.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goddamnedtwisto posted:

TBH I prefer Newcastle's current plan to avoid Premier League rules from next season.

This way they can pay £250m for Rice though

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Klopp will finally get the winter break he's been begging for since he got here.

But at what cooooooooost :negative:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pretty much yeah, it was an Emery thing but they never stopped doing it. It was four until Ozil left, now it's Laca, Xhaka (lol), Holding.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lol if Arsenal name Xhaka as VC instead of Tierney

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Total Meatlove posted:

This way they can pay £250m for Rice though

Imagining a hilarious mixup involving a half dozen container ships blocking up the Tyne

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lol if Arsenal name Xhaka as VC instead of Tierney

Well it already happened lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal’s new captain appears to be benched striker and soon to be free agent Alexandre Lacazette.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/OMyles90/status/1470737941823737868?s=20

good lord

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Arsenal Captains 1988-2002
1. Tony Adams (retired)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I don't get it really, Fabregas through Koscielny were all good captains. If you post United's over the same time, would it look better?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I don't know about the Man U comparison, but comparing to Liverpool, two captains since 2003; Gerrard and Henderson.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

I don't get it really, Fabregas through Koscielny were all good captains. If you post United's over the same time, would it look better?

Having your captains transfer out isn't great though? Especially one that goes on strike

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

Having your captains transfer out isn't great though? Especially one that goes on strike

Fabregas leaving was rough, and van Persie leaving was rough but it was sell him or he leaves for free in a year. Then up to Xhaka it was a bunch of older, established players that weren't going to be in the first team for a decade but were totally fine captains. Then Xhaka lol and it starts getting hosed again.

Just dunno how that compares to United in the last decade, some number of Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Phil Jones (??), Shaw (?), Maguire. Feels like probably also plenty of turnover but idk

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I don't know about the Man U comparison, but comparing to Liverpool, two captains since 2003; Gerrard and Henderson.

Ok that's a bit of a difference

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Arsenal has been a frustrating place to play as a senior player. It's not news to anyone. Lack of trophies always means the best players, especially ones in their late 20s and early 30s, leave. Been that way since the end of Henry's original stint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sourdough posted:

Fabregas leaving was rough, and van Persie leaving was rough but it was sell him or he leaves for free in a year. Then up to Xhaka it was a bunch of older, established players that weren't going to be in the first team for a decade but were totally fine captains. Then Xhaka lol and it starts getting hosed again.

Just dunno how that compares to United in the last decade, some number of Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Phil Jones (??), Shaw (?), Maguire. Feels like probably also plenty of turnover but idk

Ok that's a bit of a difference