Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I bounced hard off of breaking bad. Everyone was poo poo garbage to each other in the first episode and I couldn't deal with how mean it was.

The last episode of the good place really shook me up for mental health reasons. It was very sweet but rough in the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Breaking Bad is a beautifully crafted show that depicts entirely awful things. I agree with many posters that it's really hard to watch for this reason but it's worth at least one watchthrough

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
I'll say that Santa Clarita Diet was one that I felt like was consistent it's whole way through and could've even used one more season to wrap up a handful of loose ends.

But I can also watch Timothy Olyphant try to smile and be positive while being completely overwhelmed forever and ever. So I'm biased.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Breaking Bad is incredible and I never want to watch it again. It's like No Country for Old Men. Occasionally I'll think about watching it again and nope.

I almost didn't finish Breaking Bad's final season after they killed the kid (no spoiler because a lot of people die in that last season). It's a fantastic show about terrible people and I hate it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At this point I just don't watch Netflix shows because they'll be cancelled in the middle of the second season at best. They're the complete opposite of Showtime which let shows like Dexter and Weeds turn into zombies and continue long past their expiration date.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I just might finally actually die when they inevitably gently caress up and destroy the Sandman in that way.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Andos El Pantos posted:

I'll say that Santa Clarita Diet was one that I felt like was consistent it's whole way through and could've even used one more season to wrap up a handful of loose ends.

But I can also watch Timothy Olyphant try to smile and be positive while being completely overwhelmed forever and ever. So I'm biased.

Me too. It was gone too soon.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Andos El Pantos posted:

Yeah, Santa Clarita Diet was one of those shows that I wasn't interested in at all at first (coming in on the tail-end of the zombie oversaturation), but ended up loving it just a few episodes in. Olyphant is so good at giving off that manic energy, and the rest of the cast gives a great performance, too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At this point I just don't watch Netflix shows because they'll be cancelled in the middle of the second season at best. They're the complete opposite of Showtime which let shows like Dexter and Weeds turn into zombies and continue long past their expiration date.
They just put out Lost in Space S3
Umbrella Academy S3 and Stranger Things S4 next year

like yeah they let Cowboy Bebop die, i guess?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Usually Season 3 is the limit for them. Stranger Things is a massive hit though.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FFT posted:

They just put out Lost in Space S3
Umbrella Academy S3 and Stranger Things S4 next year

I've heard people like Umbrella Academy but Lost in Space? Really? 3 whole seasons?

The Get Down only got one season, but that was as much because Baz Luhrmann was busy with other stuff as it was ratings and budgets.

Also I had to google Baz because I couldn't remember how to spell his last name and now he looks like a hot Asian grandfather.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Everyone's saying the new Spiderman movie is good.

My IIMM with the MCU Spiderman is the costume. It's truly irrational but you can't see the webs on it. I don't like the tech either but whatever about that. Costume needs the lines on it to me.

Say what you want about it but Amazing Spiderman 2 nailed that loving suit.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Speaking of Weeds going too long on Showtime, her other show GLOW getting canned due to the pandemic was super lame. One of the actresses had said in an interview they even finished the first few episodes of the 4th season before the shutdown.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've heard people like Umbrella Academy but Lost in Space? Really? 3 whole seasons?
It's fun.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

FFT posted:

Just off the top of my head there's Sense8, Santa Clarita Diet, The OA and Mindhunters. Supposedly Netflix think anything with more than about 30 episodes will be too daunting for new viewers but I suspect it's also down to cast & crew being in a position to ask for more money by a fourth season :v:

I know David Fincher said Mindhunters was too expensive to get a third season which fuckin sucks when they paid a hundred million dollars for Friends.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

Everyone's saying the new Spiderman movie is good.

My IIMM with the MCU Spiderman is the costume. It's truly irrational but you can't see the webs on it. I don't like the tech either but whatever about that. Costume needs the lines on it to me.

Say what you want about it but Amazing Spiderman 2 nailed that loving suit.

AS2 was the perfect Spider-Man costume. Homecoming was an ok one but after that it was all just Iron Spider stuff.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The nano suit was necessary for the plot of the last 2 Avengers movies and then should have died with Stark.

Far From Home ditched it for a solid 80% of the movie and was the better for it. Night Monkey!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The only hot toy I ever bought for Spidey was the amazing Spider-Man 2 version. loving dead on perfect for the character. All other versions have just been meh.

The rest of that movie was butt though. Garfield deserved better films. He was a pretty great Spidey.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He's still got it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Andos El Pantos posted:

I'm just blessed that I had both Justified and Deadwood yet to watch. At the time I saw Santa Clarita he was idk, the drug dealer from Go in my head.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Kramdar posted:

Speaking of Weeds going too long on Showtime, her other show GLOW getting canned due to the pandemic was super lame. One of the actresses had said in an interview they even finished the first few episodes of the 4th season before the shutdown.

Yeah GLOW getting cancelled was one of the first things to come to mind re: Netflix canning poo poo too soon. Great cast on that one

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Can I nominate Mr Robot for the 'good shows' list?
Because it's amazing start to finish (if anything it only gets better)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DarkDobe posted:

It was such a convincing AR it made me worry about my touchy uncle.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

Mr Robot was fantastic except for one glaring oversight: Eveyone could plug in a USB on the first try.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Yeah GLOW getting cancelled was one of the first things to come to mind re: Netflix canning poo poo too soon. Great cast on that one

The bit in the first season where they're at the local indie gig and all of a sudden it just clicks for Debbie and excitedly exclaims "this whole thing is a soap opera" was the exact moment I fell in love with the show.

The Christmas Carol and the Liza Minelli bits from S3 were great too.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I would literally watch Betty Gilpin in anything doing anything.

Armacham has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Dec 15, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Armacham posted:

I would literally watch Betty Gillian in anything doing anything.
Betty Gilpin

"Betty Gillian" returns mostly obituary results for me lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

I know David Fincher said Mindhunters was too expensive to get a third season which fuckin sucks when they paid a hundred million dollars for Friends.
How is people not sick of Friends? It's been In syndication for what feels like a decade.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Kids love it. My nieces can't get enough.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alhazred posted:

How is people not sick of Friends? It's been In syndication for what feels like a decade.

It’s like seeing an old friend (lol) you love. Comfortable, inviting and gives you a warm feeling. Like when I read anyones posts but yours.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

FFT posted:

Betty Gilpin

"Betty Gillian" returns mostly obituary results for me lol

drat you auto correct

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

It’s like seeing an old friend (lol) you love. Comfortable, inviting and gives you a warm feeling. Like when I read anyones posts but yours.

Thank you

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Alhazred posted:

It's been two decades

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've just finished Wayward Pines the TV show and man, that is...a show, alright. The first season, based on the books, was kind of silly but had some fun twists and such. Then the second season just goes bonkers, killing any remaining protagonists in the first season in the most pointless of ways, despite the son of the hero of the first season looking like he's going to be the hero but then just getting torn apart unceremoniously. Then they follow plotlines that don't really go anywhere, before an apocalyptic scenario that just sort of ends on a "wait is that it?" moment.

Such a bizarrely-structured show.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Friends has its moments, is my unpopular opinion. For a lot of people, mostly pleasant is enough.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

BrigadierSensible posted:

I actually like X:Men Wolverine Origins.

I like Liev Schrieber's Sabretooth.

What they did with Deadpool is indeed stupid, but if you can overlook that, it is a fun little film where Hugh Jackman gets to growl around and be tough and manly. Which is fun.

And also why I liked the Old Man Logan movie. Hugh Jackman is ace!

Schrieber was awesome as Sabretooth, his look & attitude fit perfectly IMHO. Really wish they'd do something more with him, I know a lot of people felt like it would've been awesome to have a fully fleshed out movie using the Wolverine Origins intro where both are fighting through various wars/time periods together.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I actually like X:Men Wolverine Origins.

I like Liev Schrieber's Sabretooth.

What they did with Deadpool is indeed stupid, but if you can overlook that, it is a fun little film where Hugh Jackman gets to growl around and be tough and manly. Which is fun.

And also why I liked the Old Man Logan movie. Hugh Jackman is ace!
For most of it's runtime it's a romantic comedy about a man living with his girlfriend in the woods.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Coffee And Pie posted:

Friends has its moments, is my unpopular opinion. For a lot of people, mostly pleasant is enough.

I like Friends but it has the worst editing I have ever seen. It's distractingly bad once you notice it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Best thing to come out of Wolverine: Origins was that video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

All of the Friends should be executed.