Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

It seems so dangerous, I don’t know how it’s allowed.
so glad they moved the SEC tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Not sure why the benches are on the ends. Seems like more than enough space to be in the side. WTF is up with that?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

Not sure why the benches are on the ends. Seems like more than enough space to be in the side. WTF is up with that?

They used to make the coaches stay by the bench areas, but they changed it a few years ago to have normal sideline coaching boxes. Made it nearly impossible to communicate when the play was at the opposite end of the court.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MU/kU is today and I feel more excited for a mid-season Blues game against one of the worst teams in the league than this. If anyone wants to know just how a great program does, look at Mizzou since Anderson left for Arky.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/dmw204/status/1469780981288779776?t=RooERaNoYwWMnYum62ZY6g&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:frogout:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Every goon’s dream.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
evansville is so bad lol the good news is Alabama is good...at basketball ????

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Peanut President posted:

evansville is so bad lol the good news is Alabama is good...at basketball ????

I’d say, although most Houston fans are moaning about SEC officiating this morning. Like those folks were around in the lean years.

So yeah, two Q1 losses for UH now but they lost a lot from the Final Four team and they’re playing more than cupcakes out of conference for once. They’re probably a 5 or 6 seed at this point but it’s still early enough to run past Memphis a couple of times and get tough for March.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Memphis kind of blows this year. Houston is probably running away with the AAC this year. Maybe Memphis can get its poo poo together, but they’re rudderless right now.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
In an early conference season fraud alert, Michigan was beaten at home by a University of Minnesota team that lost 11 players from last year and replaced them with transfers from such powerhouses as: Indian River State College, Northern State, William & Mary, Johns Hopkins, McGill, and Stephen F Austin.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

A) This is the best thing I've seen today.
B) Somehow....Ben Johnson managed to fill an entire roster (only one returning player from last year's team) with mid-major transfers in his first year as the Gophers head coach....and have them be competitive.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I found out the big man is Connor Williams, 7’-0”, 360 lbs. they also have a guy who is 6’-5” and 280 lbs. Where’s the big boy lineup?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

RestingB1tchFace posted:

B) Somehow....Ben Johnson managed to fill an entire roster (only one returning player from last year's team) with mid-major transfers in his first year as the Gophers head coach....and have them be competitive.

Cuonzo Martin did the same except the exact opposite. this is his 5th year and the team probably won't crack 10 wins

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Surprised Purdue only fell to #3. Iowa State so close to top 10!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I don't think ISU is the 11th best team in the country, but I'm not going to complain about that rank. This is still miles better than what I expected this year. Beginning of the year we were predicted to be last in the Big 12. Now I think a top 4 finish is easily achievable. I think they'll really struggle against Baylor and Kansas, but should hold their own against everyone else.

ISU is still a pretty bad shooting team, and that is going to cost them a few games when their D isn't good enough.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I completely spaced on yesterday because in no way was NC State going to win that game and now I regret that if only to assure you Purdue folks that in no way was NC State going to win that game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers either has RH2 or Baker playing out of their mind or they lose. Yesterday against Seton Hall was a complete dud.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU beat Missouri 102-65 then the Chiefs beat the Raiders 48-9

I should have played powerball this weekend

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia Southern's women defeated Carver College, 133-15, wild in two ways. It isn't the biggest blowout ever and b) Carver is actually a legit college. They're in that weird athletic league for Christian schools, though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

He is humongous
https://twitter.com/CClemente__/status/1470585290083479552

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

mcmagic posted:

Rutgers either has RH2 or Baker playing out of their mind or they lose. Yesterday against Seton Hall was a complete dud.

They're entertaining either way. Maybe just be happy about that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

whos that broooown posted:

They're entertaining either way. Maybe just be happy about that

This isn't even true lol. I mean the purdue game was entertaining but other than that they are kinda boring.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Hoiberg bout to get popped for major recruiting violations?

How do you get a major recruiting violation and still suck that much?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Regnevelc posted:

I guess Hilton magic was real after all.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Hoiberg was illegally renting the film "meatballs" for recruits

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Saturday is the last Crossroads Classic for a while. Indiana declined to re-up, choosing instead to have a home and home with Kansas. Next year will be in Lawrence, 2023 will be in Bloomington.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Memphis has proven tonight that they're very good if they care about winning the game they're playing

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Glad Memphis got its groove back. Especially because it makes ISU’s win look better.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1471166650460246018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Well aware of how “actively pursuing an opponent” is meant but not about to let that stop me imagining Krzyzewski in bat form flapping about the moors in search of the night’s hapless victim.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 15, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

Well aware of how “actively pursuing an opponent” is meant but not about to let that stop me imagining Krzyzewski in bat form flapping about the moors in search of the night’s hapless victim.

do not pursue BU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

do not pursue BU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/1471312492035035136?s=20

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mick Cronin got covid and his assistant was going to coach and then UCLA just had to outright cancel their game against South Alabama. Whole lot of cases and cancellations even before the impending Omicron wave, which to judge just from what it did to Cornell this past week is about to rip the whole season apart.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Every Chicago sports team is absolutely riddled with Covid right now, not great.
https://twitter.com/Crayestout/status/1471609658477621256?s=20

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

elentar posted:

Mick Cronin got covid and his assistant was going to coach and then UCLA just had to outright cancel their game against South Alabama. Whole lot of cases and cancellations even before the impending Omicron wave, which to judge just from what it did to Cornell this past week is about to rip the whole season apart.

Ohio State is out of their game against Kentucky and UCLA is expected to be out against North Carolina, so it looks like we're gonna get UK/UNC on Saturday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every Chicago sports team is absolutely riddled with Covid right now, not great.
https://twitter.com/Crayestout/status/1471609658477621256?s=20

Is Northwestern winning by default? I thought that was the rule now.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Chief McHeath posted:

Ohio State is out of their game against Kentucky and UCLA is expected to be out against North Carolina, so it looks like we're gonna get UK/UNC on Saturday.

I think I'd rather play UNC this year, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK-UNC officially on

https://mobile.twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1471869274595594250?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit