Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Haifisch posted:

The Lockhorns

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This should have internal mechanisms so that it dispenses a different spice based on the position that you've put the hand in. :aslol:

Murdstone posted:

Pooch Cafe

I feel like this joke would work better as a single panel: someone on the left side appreciating the "snow angel", then you look over and see the ladder and the string of lights hung up to only that point. But then I suppose you couldn't really work "Poncho being an rear end in a top hat" into it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh I forgot to post this I got from a facebook group I belong to.

The Mary Worth team definitely know what they're doing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

"Where's is my shirt and why did you insists on wrapping my arm around you? I can walk just fine."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I just saw this Kitten Lady video on why you shouldn't breed or otherwise contribute to the popularity of French Bulldogs (cause they're rife with genetic health issues and it's cruel), and while I know Wilbur got Pierre from a shelter, I still think he's an rear end in a top hat.

https://youtu.be/jgR3lBtwrLo

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Everything goes VIRAL on the INTERNET it's just how it works.

I did not expect to see Rex Morgan M.D. drop an f-bomb today

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

csammis posted:

I did not expect to see Rex Morgan M.D. drop an f-bomb today

Dr. Rex Morgan, M.F.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom (double Moon edition)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 2, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 2, 2000)

Garfield Classic (March 2, 1990)

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

Mikl posted:

Modern Kevin & Kell, now with graphical glitches

You're already expected to die for others convenience and you're fine with it. Murdering people for the convenience of others is literally your wife's job.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:siren: Surgeon's Tales :siren:

And that was Egon Meuronen's Välskärin kertomuksia (1956-62), based on Fältskärns berättelser (1851-66) by Zachris Topelius. Honestly not the most satisfying ending and it kind of felt that there would be more, but I guess you can't expect a perfectly planned structure from a story that ran originally as a newspaper serial for 15 years.

The book was perhaps a bit better communicating that the last third of the story was mainly about the Bertelskölds and Larssons settling their feud, and then aristocratic and common-born members of the Bertelsköld family to find a mutual respect and love. Ester's refusal to use the magic ring ended up being a crucial moment, although it didn't really feel like that, when I read it.

But all in all it was nice and quite educational trip. I surely learned a lot about the 17th and 18th century Northern European history and it was a joy to share it with you for these three years.

Any feedback and questions are more than welcome.

I'm going to clean up the early strips a bit and then find some way to share the whole thing as a whole. I've also chosen my next project and it will start in January.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 14, 2021

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kennel posted:

I'm going to clean up the early strips a bit and then find some way to share the whole thing as a whole. I've also chosen my next project and it will start in January.

Excellent on both counts and thank you for sharing this! I kind of lost the plot a while ago but that's more the adaptation's confusing nature and my own attention span.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako

(Don't worry about Mr. Inari, Q-Rais said in author comments somewhere that he's a single consciousness with many bodies.)
End of chapter 1 - I'll switch to 2 pages per update moving on, since most chapters are 10 pages rather than 8.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

What...is she doing with that orange thing?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Love is Hell

Sylvia

Marlys!

I’ve been having scanning issues, so we’ll be taking a break from Marlys for a few days, apologies!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kennel posted:

And that was Egon Meuronen's Välskärin kertomuksia (1956-62), based on Fältskärns berättelser (1851-66) by Zachris Topelius. Honestly not the most satisfying ending and it kind of felt that there would be more, but I guess you can't expect a perfectly planned structure from a story that ran originally as a newspaper serial for 15 years.

The book was perhaps a bit better communicating that the last third of the story was mainly about the Bertelskölds and Larssons settling their feud, and then aristocratic and common-born members of the Bertelsköld family to find a mutual respect and love. Ester's refusal to use the magic ring ended up being a crucial moment, although it didn't really feel like that, when I read it.

But all in all it was nice and quite educational trip. I surely learned a lot about the 17th and 18th century Northern European history and it was a joy to share it with you for these three years.

Kennel, this was really interesting to read through, thanks very much for translating and posting it for us!

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yeah , Surgeon's Tales has been really interesting to read and you did a good job presenting it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Funny Online Atlus

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 15, 2021

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kennel posted:

I read the whole thing and I agree that the 17th century chapters were the strongest ones. The last quarter of it or so was kind of incoherent, and your comments led me to believe that the comic was just pushing through the remaining material at a break-neck pace to just get it finished before some approaching deadline.

Thanks a ton for posting!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bruceski posted:

I think it's old guy bladder.

Yeah first thought I had was that Jeff Foxworthy bit where he talks about sleeping however long he wants and pissing a gallon when he wakes up but getting old "now it wakes me up!"

And jfc expecting an elderly man to find his own place.
How about you let him live with some dignity with family instead of getting predated on by some slumlord in a shithole with no heat in exchange for his social security check and rent debt on top. Ed. You piece of poo poo.

The Bloop posted:

I wish someone would get me something as cool as that peppermill

On aliexpress. Maybe something better on wish.com.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

How about you let him live with some dignity with family instead of getting predated on by some slumlord in a shithole with no heat in exchange for his social security check and rent debt on top. Ed. You piece of poo poo.

Where do you think he learned to be such an rear end in a top hat from? It's daddy issues all the way down.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
WOOOOOO, I'M THE GHOST OF COMIC STRIP THREADS PAST.
In other words, I felt like posting a couple days of Mutts, just for variety.

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (April 5, 1934)

Peanuts (December 17, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire, in which the puppet master reveals herself.

Thimble Theater (July 15, 1938)

Out Our Way (November 15-17, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (June 6-8, 1918)

Dok's "X Spots The Mark" Duck (November 20, 1913)

Little Lefty (October 7-9, 1935)

Blondie (From Zero) (May 28-30, 1931)

e: because whoops...
Out Our Way At Christmas (December 18, 20, 24-26, 1924)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 15, 2021

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Mar 31 - Apr 1, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jun 26-29, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! January 7, 1919

Outbursts of Dommy-Daddy True January 18, 1919

Gay and Her Gang January 24, 1930

Oaky Doaks June 25, 1936

Mopsy September 2, 1937

Up Front October 6, 1944

Dark Laughter March 11, 1950

So It Seems March 8, 1952

Those Were the Days October 10, 1957

Wee Pals March 17, 1966

Dogbert October 3, 1966

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

I've been waiting for Sally to actually say something to her mom about being such a black hole of negativity, so I hope that's what's about to happen here. It's such an incredible drag.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Green Intern posted:

I've been waiting for Sally to actually say something to her mom about being such a black hole of negativity, so I hope that's what's about to happen here. It's such an incredible drag.

It’s amazing how nasty Sally makes the mom. She’s a straight up piece of nasty work.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "440 - Jucika And The Ventilator"

"441 - Jucika Picks"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's shortened Blueberry: Wally gets upset at Blueberry, or McClure is still trying his luck, or Join me in our next adventure, won't you? Where it's apropos to remember - "Bundy, Dahmer, Jack the Ripper, John Wayne Gacy, Genghis Khan and Hitler - I'm afraid of a bunch of ghosts! Mussolini, Liam Neesons's Batman character, Stalin - the shark from Jaws! I'm afraid of like, ten or twelve ghosts" in... The Ghost with the Golden Bullets!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 15, 2021

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Mom can I have sex?"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Okay, this one's actually kinda good :3:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Really starting to get to me how the Overboard guy has no pet names in his lexicon beyond 'sweetie.'

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Axa

A) Holy poo poo Mark (dude deserved it), B) Hey Matt, who the gently caress do you think you are? Mary Worth?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

Thank you for posting this, I really enjoyed it! :)

Classic Kevin & Kell in: getting the contract (January 3-9, 2005)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 12/14/01

Brenda Starr 10/16-18/47

Smokey Stover 1/21/45