Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Also, I try to put the highest res versions of cards I can find into http://mcpdb.com to help with anyone who needs to print stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Great models in the thread! With no new releases until next year, I might have time to catch up:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A few days after saying they didn't know what was happening with shipping, AMG apparently had enough confidence to tweet this out so, crossing my fingers!

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1455205585281032194?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

doublepost bump for the latest update: The Criminal Syndicate fellas. Probably are already aware by now of the MODOK/Goblin changes but Kingpin/Bullseye are in here:

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/criminal-syndicate-updates

Kingpin's throw was moved down from size 4 to 3. Bullseye's health went down from 5 to 4 / mental defense went down as well, but his overall Threat level is now a 2, moving him into the vaunted 2-Threat pantheon of affordable characters to bring along.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I got a core set for $50 yesterday, it's been sitting on the shelf at the LGS since it came out so my question is are the rules inside still the most up to date?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Len posted:

I got a core set for $50 yesterday, it's been sitting on the shelf at the LGS since it came out so my question is are the rules inside still the most up to date?

I think the most updated rules are on Atomic Mass’s website as a PDF. There are a bunch of stat card updates that are going to get the same treatment.

Just got my box set used and it came with all the models assembled poorly and also a live roach in the packaging so that’s definitely affected some of my potential enjoyment.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Len posted:

In fact, the rules that come in the box aren't technically the complete rules. It's a "Learn to Play" guide that, while it covers *most* of the rules, the online PDF at AMG's website is the complete reference material. https://www.atomicmassgames.com/rules

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Does it update frequently or could I rebel against my bosses by printing it out in full color on the company printer?

Same question with stat cards

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

These are the first corrections in two years, it will probably be a long time before anything is reworked again.

Went to a casual tournament the other day that's allowing all the new stuff. Guardians and ghost rider are the new hotness.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Len posted:

Does it update frequently or could I rebel against my bosses by printing it out in full color on the company printer?

Same question with stat cards

The new stat cards aren't fully released, but I'd be confident that they'll last for a while.

The rulebook, well...I'd be less confident in. Depending on your definition of "frequently," I'd say printing is OK (as I think, *think* they'll likely make huge, impactful updates maybe 2x a year at most going forward) I'd say printing in black and white might be a better call if you need them printed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I mean the way I see it I don't pay for the office supplies and they don't give me any sort of bonus so I run color prints

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the rulebook probably doesn't get updated too often but the Affiliation List gets updated probably every 3 to 4 months as they add more characters

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Juggernaut, Colossus, Gambit stats leaked: https://imgur.com/a/6dxsCbq

Juggernaut's wounded side losing his helmet, and thus his Mystical defense, is a wonderful detail. He looks just like the tank everyone thought he'd be.

Colossus will be a great bruiser/bodyguard for the X-Men affiliation; basically a lesser Juggernaut. Juggernaut has a flat toughness trait to reduce anything by 1, whereas Colossus has "to minimum of 1."

Gambit as a threat-3 character is just what you want: cheap ranged damage with potential splash explosives, plus a ridiculous carpetbomb attack. Add in his ability to ensure Wild rolls/charge up his attacks/has a Bullseye-esque parting shot for 2 power, and he's going to be a wickedly fun character to have on your team. Between him and Cyclops, gonna be a lot of reactive attacks made against attacking characters, plus they now have Colossus to play big bro for them. X-Men looking way cooler now.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 19, 2021

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Add in his ability to ensure Wild rolls/charge up his attacks/has a Bullseye-esque parting shot for 2 power, and he's going to be a wickedly fun character to have on your team.

A loaded term in Crisis Protocol.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I won my first game as X-Force vs Spider Foes. I was able to pump out a lot of damage and barely cling on while my opponent scored a lot of early points. I'm having a ton of fun with this game. tho my immediate problem was realizing I need to bring a bigger bag for terrain

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Painted some more MCPs chums:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Had a great weekend of slamming out Magneto, Omega Red and Cable.

and everything I've painted so far

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
since we're posting pix

Cable

Domino

Deadpool

Miles

Gwen

Peter

Zemo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Re-painted Sabretooth with more muted, grim colors and tinkered with Wolverine a little, using blood and battle-damage to mask some things i.e. splotches I couldn't iron out / a mask eyehole problem I just could not solve. Was beating my brain so hard about it that I forgot Wolverine is just a grimy rear end in a top hat likely constantly covered in viscera.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still haven't gotten to play. The day I was going to go snag my core set from the LGS I got a positive covid test lol

Having the two player games we won would have been great while spending ten days in the house. Looking forward to finally getting my copy Saturday. Is this something that can be played out of the box pushing bases around or do I need to assemble it?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Awesome looking at all of the pics, here's some of mine:

Thanks to Thirsty Dog for the Olivia Octavious idea; I tried to keep it a little fresh by using the Black Widow model (plus I really like the Captain Marvel sculpt and didn't want to ruin it!)

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Never don't post all the cool painted stuff. :hellyeah:

Len posted:

I still haven't gotten to play. The day I was going to go snag my core set from the LGS I got a positive covid test lol

Having the two player games we won would have been great while spending ten days in the house. Looking forward to finally getting my copy Saturday. Is this something that can be played out of the box pushing bases around or do I need to assemble it?

I guess you could technically push bases around if you used a sharpie to write what each base represented if you really wanted to. But really there's a good bit of assembly. Unfortunately the core box represents their earliest product when they weren't experienced with sculpting/producing. They've gotten way better now but some of the core models have some fiddly pieces or are otherwise a pain to build. IIRC Cap and Zemo had tiny little easy to lose pieces. Captain Marvel's belt sash thing was a pain for me. I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 23, 2021

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zuul the Cat posted:

Had a great weekend of slamming out Magneto, Omega Red and Cable.

and everything I've painted so far

I loving love how vibrant your colors are.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

smug jeebus posted:

]

Thanks to Thirsty Dog for the Olivia Octavious idea; I tried to keep it a little fresh by using the Black Widow model (plus I really like the Captain Marvel sculpt and didn't want to ruin it!)

Ahhhh that's awesome

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Len posted:

You'll need to assemble it. Get some clippers, a sharp blade, and some plastic glue.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thirsty Dog posted:

You'll need to assemble it. Get some clippers, a sharp blade, and some plastic glue.

I've got all of that I was just hoping we'd be able to attempt playing almost immediately :rip:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Len posted:

I've got all of that I was just hoping we'd be able to attempt playing almost immediately :rip:

It won't take long to assemble them to be honest, and plastic glue dries fast. You could play the same day. But no, not out-of-the-box unfortunately.

In other news: There's been a rules update and the release of the new cards!

https://acrossthebifrost.com/2021/11/22/marvel-crisis-protocol-rules-updates/

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/rules for the new rulebook + cards.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

I loving love how vibrant your colors are.

Thanks! Every time I paint these I always have to push myself to make the highlights just a little bit brighter.

In other news, I finished Toad last night as well.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
honestly it's a blast painting these models. the slightly bigger scale makes them easier to paint and the low model count means way less burnout

anyone going to LVO next year?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So TL;DR is Guardians are good/better now?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think the Dr. Voodoo / Hood pack is a pretty high benchmark in regards to quality of new sculpts. Really had fun putting my new Pro Acryl paints to the test with these----the red paints they put out are beautiful and the umber brown was perfect for the soft mottled quality of Hood's ratty bomber jacket. Hoping they do more 2-form characters and I'm praying for a Hobgoblin/Demogoblin 2-pack for Jason Macendale lol.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
played in my first tournament in a very long time. Went officially 2-1 but I had a bye second round. Tons of variety and Black Order took the cup

this game has gotten me good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Did not expect X-23 and uh, Honey Badger for the game but hey, here they are

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1470801377937223683?s=20

Gotta say I'm disappointed with how boring they are, they look more like models from Infinity. Would have preferred the current "Girlverine" outfit X-23 has.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DLC Inc posted:

Did not expect X-23 and uh, Honey Badger for the game but hey, here they are

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1470801377937223683?s=20

Gotta say I'm disappointed with how boring they are, they look more like models from Infinity. Would have preferred the current "Girlverine" outfit X-23 has.

:toot:

I’m glad they gave Gabby her objectively correct codename, although I’ll agree they should have given Laura her all-new Wolverine suit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Finally getting around to assembling this box.

Why the hell are these figures so fiddley? Who went "oh Zemo needs an elbow to glue on. This is a better system than just molding the elbow"

I have ham hands and it is not going well

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Len posted:

Finally getting around to assembling this box.

Why the hell are these figures so fiddley? Who went "oh Zemo needs an elbow to glue on. This is a better system than just molding the elbow"

I have ham hands and it is not going well

I get the impression it was a bit of a learning process on the manufacturing end, because later models are much easier to assemble.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The shop that originally leaked X-23/Honeybadger is at it again:

I'm curious if they're adding generic minions to the game or what now.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Get plastic cement. Trying to stick on Zemo's elbow pads with superglue is obnoxious beyond acceptability. The newer sculpts are definitely way better in terms of assembly, plus the look nicer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wotsnik
Sep 28, 2005
Just because you can see it, doesn't mean it's not invisible.
The more recent stuff tends to be better but bits are going to be parted out small if there's detail of a certain shape no matter what unless poses are changed, just a hard fact of how steel two part moulds work. Only recently got into MCP, haven't found the models particularly hard, even if some are fiddly, plastic glue fixes most issues. However Jean and her stupid psy-effect things 5-arms needed to hold in place job can go to hell and never come back.