Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Was it? I think it was 50

Ah yeah that’s right my mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Sable coming out on Nintendo Switch? Internet says yes but it didn’t come up in my searches

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

For those who have played Moonlighter does the combat get better after the first hour or so? It feels really weightless and the player hitbox is super funky given how short the sword's range is.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Bust Rodd posted:

Is Sable coming out on Nintendo Switch? Internet says yes but it didn’t come up in my searches

you're right, it's not. it just seems like the kind of game that would've launched on switch!

:negative:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Harriet Carker posted:

For those who have played Moonlighter does the combat get better after the first hour or so? It feels really weightless and the player hitbox is super funky given how short the sword's range is.

there's other weapons

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Harriet Carker posted:

nope. the range issue gets a bit better with the other weapons but the combat and shop management stay exactly as shallow the whole game (at least until the end of the third dungeon which is where i gave up)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inzombiac posted:

Any recs for a good exploration/adventure game?

I mostly just want to poke around environments, not super concerned with combat.

Depending on your anime tolerance, I can recommend both Xenoblade Chronicles games. I love exploring in games, and I spent hours just tooling around the huge environments, poking my nose in every nook and cranny to see what kind of mischief I could get up to while I ignored the plot. Turns out... usually a lot! The environments in both are very pretty, too.

It's older, but if you like Zelda games, there's Okami. Very pretty game, lots of big areas to explore and things to poke to see what they do. A lot of your Brush techniques have interactions with NPCs and the environment. You can chop down trees, make NPCs dance or run up and pet you, blow people's laundry around in the wind, etc. Very chill, very enjoyable to just wander around in. Oh, and there's a dedicated bark button, and most living things will react if you bark at them.

And seconding Breath of the Wild if you somehow haven't played that yet.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 14, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Silver Falcon posted:

Depending on your anime tolerance, I can recommend both Xenoblade Chronicles games. I love exploring in games, and I spent hours just tooling around the huge environments, poking my nose in every nook and cranny to see what kind of mischief I could get up to while I ignored the plot. Turns out... usually a lot! The environments in both are very pretty, too.

It's older, but if you like Zelda games, there's Okami. Very pretty game, lots of big areas to explore and things to poke to see what they do. A lot of your Brush techniques have interactions with NPCs and the environment. You can chop down trees, make NPCs dance or run up and pet you, blow people's laundry around in the wind, etc. Very chill, very enjoyable to just wander around in. Oh, and there's a dedicated bark button, and most living things will react if you bark at them.

And seconding Breath of the Wild if you somehow haven't played that yet.

I think the takeaway here is that I play too many games :smith:

Maybe I should finally focus on SMTV

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The combat in Amalur looks cool. Does it run in 60fps on switch, does anyone know?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

Inzombiac posted:

Any recs for a good exploration/adventure game?

I mostly just want to poke around environments, not super concerned with combat.

I really enjoyed TOEM and A Short Hike. Simple, relaxing, pleasant environments.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Big Brain Academy is $15 at Amazon and Best Buy. Bought it with some Reward Zone Certificates for $5, so very nice price for what it is.

Played the demo with my 7 year old and it seemed very enjoyable

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
First person to post my Nintendo Wrapped in this thread which means you all have to read my post and I can safely ignore this thread for the next 2 days and miss all your boring bad posts.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Did that come via e-mail or is there a link to see it?

Edit: Nvm, found it! https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/ for anyone interested

The Postman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 14, 2021

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
drat, so close.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

This doesn’t really seem accurate. I think maybe I left the screen on sometimes?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat.... what a year

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Well I really wasn't expecting this list!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like the monthly graph because you can tell when i played Persona 5 Royal by it dipping to zero for a month

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Postman posted:

Did that come via e-mail or is there a link to see it?

Edit: Nvm, found it! https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/ for anyone interested
I went to that link and am signed in but still don't see my stats :confused:

(On Chrome for iOS)

I already know my most played game is Animal Crossing, though.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

413 hours last year, 159 hours this year, with only monster hunter rise above 50 hours. Systems really fallen off for me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I'm just going to say, play Subnautica.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
this is clearly a bit behind bcos smt v is up to 100 hours now lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I assume that's just my account and not my switch as a whole? Because I'm sure my kid has left DC Superhero Girls on for whole days at a time on pause

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Where are you all getting these?

Also this play time stuff should be standard on the Switch like it is on Steam.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I went to that link and am signed in but still don't see my stats :confused:

(On Chrome for iOS)

I already know my most played game is Animal Crossing, though.

Not sure what's up. I got an e-mail as well.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Where are you all getting these?

Also this play time stuff should be standard on the Switch like it is on Steam.

E-mail or https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Get on my level

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sudden Javelin posted:

rhythm heaven when

The rule is one rhythm heaven for every two wario wares so we should get a new one next year

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is there any QOL reason to get the later picross s games over the earlier ones

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
QOL no, content yes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Phoenotopia is I think split between 2020 and 2021. Pokemon Unite I got a bit addicted for awhile before the game got stale for me. Picross is Picross.

Also my play time was a nearly-even two-to-one split in favor of Handheld (240h Handheld vs. 138h Docked)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I played like 500 less hours of Switch this year.

Animal Crossing really did come out at a good time to get people hooked.

Mega64 posted:

Phoenotopia is I think split between 2020 and 2021. Pokemon Unite I got a bit addicted for awhile before the game got stale for me. Picross is Picross.

Also my play time was a nearly-even two-to-one split in favor of Handheld (240h Handheld vs. 138h Docked)

I wish mine showed multiple games from last year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spacebump posted:

I wish mine showed multiple games from last year.

I got that from the e-mail.

Saw this in the Final Fantasy thread.

Help Im Alive posted:

That chocobo gp game is actually looking pretty good

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1470680237335797763

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

So is Paper Mario 64 a good port?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the pause menu is a little slow but i think the only people it would bother are the types who lay on their horn if the person in front of them takes more than a split second to go when the traffic light turns green. otherwise it's great

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
nice water

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

nice water

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hmm

ah

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Volte posted:

Get on my level

Why are you even in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Can you guys guess when I went on leave? :v: Not showing my most played cause it's embarrasing and wrong, the reccomendations are on point tho.