Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
839 hours this year :captainpop:

14 hours in MonHun the day after release lmao

telling myself these numbers are inflated by idle start screen time

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Butterfly Valley posted:

Why are you even in this thread
Because I have a Switch and will play it again (I do actually intend to finish Let's Go Eevee since I just bought that), but since I got a PS5 it hasn't seen much action. I'd like to play Metroid Dread at some point. I have also played a significant amount of Super Mario Party and Mario Kart but not on my account (the 0 hours of playing it this year is undoubtedly me accidentally starting it on my account and then realizing nothing is unlocked there).

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Momomo posted:

I've replaced joy con sticks fine, but does anyone have experience replacing the rubber part of the stick on the Pro controller? My rabbit nibbled on it and it's annoying to use now. Does the rubber just come off? I don't really wanna try pulling it without knowing I can put a new one on easily.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :colbert:

jackhunter64 posted:

Post the rabbit

:yeah:

Muscle Tracer posted:

you're right, it's not. it just seems like the kind of game that would've launched on switch!

:negative:

It's not coming to PS4 either. :negative: Curse you!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 14, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS5 has no games.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

golf... golf... murder!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

b_d posted:

hmm

ah

Holy poo poo, if this game made you stop playing Switch that hard, it must be the worst game ever made. Is it really so bad that you couldn't stand touching your Switch anymore?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is PGA2k21 on Switch? The PS5 version requires an always active internet connection to play, and when I tried it because it was free with PS+, the servers kept going down during play, disabling all game modes, and causing the game to get stuck in forever loading screens.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Libluini posted:

Holy poo poo, if this game made you stop playing Switch that hard, it must be the worst game ever made. Is it really so bad that you couldn't stand touching your Switch anymore?

Strive is only on PlayStation and PC.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

American McGay posted:

The PS5 has no games.

this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Libluini posted:

Aren't they saying it came out on something else other than the Switch, so they played it instead?

Also, at the end, it asks for your favourite game from this year.

PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Come on guys. It has like one game

I am loving catching up on my PS4 library with mostly consistent performance upgrades across the board though, Nioh 2 ps5 is so loving good probably the most intense rewarding action game I've ever played.

I'm using a crappy 300 dollar tcl and am constantly shocked at how good my games look even on my wal Mart rear end tv, might have to treat myself to an OLED tv this xmas

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

How is PGA2k21 on Switch? The PS5 version requires an always active internet connection to play, and when I tried it because it was free with PS+, the servers kept going down during play, disabling all game modes, and causing the game to get stuck in forever loading screens.

The PlayStation 5 has no games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nioh 2 kicks rear end

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The PlayStation 5 has no games.

this

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Nioh 2 kicks rear end

Can't find this on nintendo.com

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo would have gotten more playtime if they would simply have done the right thing and bribed Atlus enough to bring P5R, P4G and P3P to the switch, and hell maybe PS2 Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga. The company is run by id*ots.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I consider returnal the first true PS5 / next gen game and it's incredibly good for people who enjoy rogue lites. There's quite a bit of metroid and mega man DNA in there too, so I think it'd be pretty popular with the switch crowd.

As for Atlus RPGs yah no idea why they haven't drowned the eShop with lazy ports, they were pretty active with the Nintendo DS /3DS. I would pay full price for most of their catalog those bastards know I would

Plus didn't smtv end up breaking sales records for the franchise and nocturne sold pretty well? Wtf Atlus smh my head

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 14, 2021

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

the switch version also requires an internet connection but i've never personally experienced any server trouble. the biggest problem is that the swing timing mechanic is busted on switch. i suspect this is due to the fact that the game was developed in unity, which as i understand it ties input polling to framerate, and the switch version seems to mostly run at about 25 fps, so it's not picking up your stick movement with enough precision to accurately track your swing speed. pretty much every swing ends up in one of three spots on the swing timing meter and none of them is ever in the sweet spot. i also own the game on ps4, where it runs at a solid 60fps and this problem doesn't exist. i really like the game otherwise and i still have fun with the switch version by just turning swing timing off and cranking swing difficulty to max, so it doesn't matter how fast i push the stick but i have to be very very precise with my angle. it's definitely a major point against the switch version though and i wouldn't recommend it unless you really really want to play handheld

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
In 2020 and 2021 the day I played the most was both July 3, gotta try and keep the streak going into 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Weedle posted:

the switch version also requires an internet connection but i've never personally experienced any server trouble. the biggest problem is that the swing timing mechanic is busted on switch. i suspect this is due to the fact that the game was developed in unity, which as i understand it ties input polling to framerate, and the switch version seems to mostly run at about 25 fps, so it's not picking up your stick movement with enough precision to accurately track your swing speed. pretty much every swing ends up in one of three spots on the swing timing meter and none of them is ever in the sweet spot. i also own the game on ps4, where it runs at a solid 60fps and this problem doesn't exist. i really like the game otherwise and i still have fun with the switch version by just turning swing timing off and cranking swing difficulty to max, so it doesn't matter how fast i push the stick but i have to be very very precise with my angle. it's definitely a major point against the switch version though and i wouldn't recommend it unless you really really want to play handheld

That is an egregiously bad feature to have made it through development. What a disaster.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
EA sports games theoretically exist on switch

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mdemone posted:

That is an egregiously bad feature to have made it through development. What a disaster.

it sure is. i got the switch version first and something seemed off from minute 1 with the swing timing but i thought it was just the way it was, that it was supposed to be nearly impossible to hit a perfect shot and you were meant to compensate with your aim. i played it that way for quite a while before the ps4 version went on sale and i discovered how the game is actually supposed to play

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Weedle posted:

it sure is. i got the switch version first and something seemed off from minute 1 with the swing timing but i thought it was just the way it was, that it was supposed to be nearly impossible to hit a perfect shot and you were meant to compensate with your aim. i played it that way for quite a while before the ps4 version went on sale and i discovered how the game is actually supposed to play

To be fair, it does sound much more like actual golf. Your shot has a low probability of being good, and a high probability of going where-the-gently caress-ever

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Libluini posted:

uh,

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Libluini posted:

Is it really so bad that you couldn't stand touching your Switch anymore?

Me to my wife after she filed for divorce.

This dish in Animal Crossing looks so drat good. Gimmie!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Thanks for reminding me I need to go back and finish the second game, Nintendo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My Wrapped says I earned 666 Gold Coins in 2021. Hail Kamek.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What the heck, my SMT V save data clearly says I have logged 50 hours and yet:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have platinum coins which I didn't know were a thing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Libluini posted:

It's okay. I got the joke.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have platinum coins which I didn't know were a thing.

Neither does Nintendo half the time

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Srice posted:

What the heck, my SMT V save data clearly says I have logged 50 hours and yet:

probably because the switch is counting the time the game is active and the save file doesn't count a lot of things. also if you reload or maybe even go back to a checkpoint the time wouldn't get counted. cheers

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Takoluka posted:

It's okay. I got the joke.

can you explain it to m.e

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

I consider returnal the first true PS5 / next gen game and it's incredibly good for people who enjoy rogue lites. There's quite a bit of metroid and mega man DNA in there too, so I think it'd be pretty popular with the switch crowd.

Everything I've seen about that game makes it look like it's really up my alley, and it will be the reason I eventually get a ps5. The main character really gives me Samus vibes, in the sense that she's a spacelady sprinting around blasting everything

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It's so good, tough space woman having to survive a hostile nightmare alien environment is extremely Metroid, as is the running around collecting resources as you prep for that biome's boss

You feel so agile too, when you have your full tool set, it plays exactly how my dream Mega Man X4/Zero game but made with 2021 graphical fidelity standards and 3d would play. Movement wise anyways, the structure is more of a rogue lite

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 15, 2021

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Seriously Capcom, please just rip off returnal for future Mega Man games. Thanks

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
What's the best Pokemon game on the Switch?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
pokemon sowrd and shield

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Stux posted:

pokemon sowrd and shield

Thank you soldier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KingSlime posted:

Seriously Capcom, please just rip off Metroid Dread for future Mega Man games. Thanks