Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Missing some OSHA Signage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

zedprime posted:

Crossposting because everyone needs reminded of good LOTO when working with spinning rollers

The adventures of Targ at the warehouse.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
We have a mostly-useless tram in Houston that repeatedly has unplanned interactions with cars and pedestrians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6W45lG1Jg

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Those are some really really stupid drivers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm not bothered by him spanking the molten metal, I'm bothered by the thought of him falling into the pool of it.

It's fine. Water is considerably less dense than molten iron, so he would float on the top, gently roasting to a perfect medium rare.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/GpMvqd0.mp4

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Now fry it in motor oil

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

That's the second post of yours that I've recognised instantly.(That buoy tending video clip was you too right?) Almost certain that photo was taken in Winfield (Lake Country), BC
Outstanding.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

It's fine. Water is considerably less dense than molten iron, so he would float on the top, gently roasting to a perfect medium rare.

I mean yeah, try as you might, but it just will not be possible. There will be absolutely no diving here.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Karate Bastard posted:

I mean yeah, try as you might, but it just will not be possible. There will be absolutely no diving here.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

:shrug: I've scraped burnt bits off of grilled cheese and quesadillas before to get my kids to eat them. This just saves time.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it's the lack of respirator ear and eye pro that is the issue

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

With that level of burn the carbon taste permeates throughout. As an expert moron/pizza lover I've burnt enough pizza to know

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Kj2EhW0.mp4

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Looks like someone got sent out for blinker fluid but picked up some wiper lube instead.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://twitter.com/KommanderKarl/status/1470759828805099520

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/XtdJGUm.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
hope there's a subaru lifestyle badge for pouring oil in poo poo that shouldn't be full of oil.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ok this is the best thing I've seen all day

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this is so loving good

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hell yes i saw this on imgur earlier but the tweet having the source makes it way better

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Terrible Opinions posted:

Those are some really really stupid drivers.

It's Houston.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sentinel posted:

It's Houston.

Oh, well then I'm impressed they lasted that long even

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

This is both incredibly silly and amazing at the same time.

The caulk gun one is the best.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Apparently you can bust the crust

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Friend who's a metal worker asked me if I wanted to see something hosed up, and of course I said yes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Softface posted:

Friend who's a metal worker asked me if I wanted to see something hosed up, and of course I said yes.

That appears to be a glove caught in a band saw?
Why the lack of blood?

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
Seems safe and good to be breathing in all kinds of tyre dust here. Starts at 2.41.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m89rOgJn7rk&t=161s

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment
Those are press jaws.....mandrel press maybe

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Dysgenesis posted:

This is both incredibly silly and amazing at the same time.

The caulk gun one is the best.

You might say it is…nice…

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_I4-fsie8

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Cool historical tidbit: Before WWII, physicists Max von Laue and James Franck sent their Nobel Prize medals to Denmark to avoid having them taken by the Nazis. Because it was illegal to ship gold out of Nazi Germany, they could have been prosecuted for doing it. George de Hevesy, who received the 1943 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, dissolved them medals in aqua regia and put the bottle on a shelf with other solvents at the Niels Bohr Institute to avoid detection. He fled to Sweden in 1943, as he was Jewish and in danger if he stayed. After the war, he returned, found the bottle untouched, and precipitated gold out of the solution.

He sent it to the Nobel Society, who recast the medals out of the original gold and returned them to von Laue and Franck

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I sent this to a firefighter friend and he said this looks like a life hack that wouldn't work very well irl.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I sent this to a firefighter friend and he said this looks like a life hack that wouldn't work very well irl.

Buy your friend a sub. Did he say why? Looks like there's something in the center of the drill insert maybe. Does that kind of rollup end up being useless?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ILL Machina posted:

Buy your friend a sub. Did he say why? Looks like there's something in the center of the drill insert maybe. Does that kind of rollup end up being useless?

Looks like it works great with a brand new hose with no creases or kinks or anything. Probably not suitable for real world applications.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Would absolutely not deal with a hose containing any water at all, and if I am a firefighter needing to roll up a hose it's probably because I was running water through it a bit ago.

Good for re-rolling after inspection or whatever, though, would be cool to have I guess.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Softface posted:

As someone who works a few days a month in a metal shop, all I can say is "your friend is a lousy photographer"

Seriously, this looks like a GAN image or something. I can see the gloves, a (hydraulic?) vise, a small snippet of the frame on a larger machine, and some tube stock, and I can surmise that maybe some idiot cranked the vise while someone's hand was still in it?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

HolHorsejob posted:

As someone who works a few days a month in a metal shop, all I can say is "your friend is a lousy photographer"

Seriously, this looks like a GAN image or something. I can see the gloves, a (hydraulic?) vise, a small snippet of the frame on a larger machine, and some tube stock, and I can surmise that maybe some idiot cranked the vise while someone's hand was still in it?

That's my guess, some one got lucky and only had glove and not fingers pinched in a hydraulic vise on a horizontal bandsaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Rolled lots of hose in my life. Others are right in that its a fun toy for a new, thin-jacket, dry, and clean hose.

Real world use not so much. It’s almost magical how well mud and grit adheres to wet fire hose.