Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've played 304 hours of Slay the Spire since mid-July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Abandoning AC island halved my game time this year. My faves were a tie between Metroid and Great Ace Attorney, but the latter was shorter than 12 hours I guess.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Normally I hate these kinds of posts because who the gently caress could care about how many hours you fried your dipshit brain playing Nintendo but this year it's interesting as a point of comparison with last year with the lockdowns and poo poo. I apparently played 70-odd hours of AC in 2020 which seems unthinkable because Animal Crossing is boring as poo poo but I guess the pickins were slim during the pandemic.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

The PS5 has no games.

Not true. It has Resident Evil 2, Monster Hunter: World, Hitman 2... etc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Calaveron posted:

Normally I hate these kinds of posts because who the gently caress could care about how many hours you fried your dipshit brain playing Nintendo but this year it's interesting as a point of comparison with last year with the lockdowns and poo poo. I apparently played 70-odd hours of AC in 2020 which seems unthinkable because Animal Crossing is boring as poo poo but I guess the pickins were slim during the pandemic.

gently caress yes bro agreed. its a complete fuckwomble tbh and the games are shitheels too. just about hosed off to here with how bored i was with animal crossing thank gently caress its over truly shitted off by thaht game kramering into my loving life like that.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I learned that I barely played my Switch this year which makes sense given the high end gaming PC I built at the end of last year, however the one outlier being 168 loving hours predominantly in July of a second farm on Stardew Valley. That game just hits different. My next most played was Luigi’s Mansion at 12 hours lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Yeah, I remember struggling to finish Sakuna because it was just too long. People who clock in under 10 hours in Metroid Dread during their first playthrough have me scratching my head.

This makes it painfully obvious that the PC is my primary gaming platform I have single games that I have clocked in more hours this year than my entire Switch catalog:

This breakdown is WAY closer than I thought. Didn't realize I used my Switch "on the go" so much. I think a lot of it was "Animal Crossing before bed time":

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
My handheld and docked time was split nearly 50/50

154 hrs handheld
147 hrs docked

Pretty neat especially since I thought I mostly did handheld

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Calaveron posted:

Normally I hate these kinds of posts because who the gently caress could care about how many hours you fried your dipshit brain playing Nintendo but this year it's interesting as a point of comparison with last year with the lockdowns and poo poo.

sweet, thanks.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i hate it when people talk about playing nintendo games in the nintendo thread in games. but the lockdown perspective makes it p interesting acksh ,teebh

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I was surprised to find that my handheld/docked playtime is almost a 50/50 split. In my mind I play mostly docked. :shrug: But I guess the numbers don't lie.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Hades was in my top 3 again this year. That games so good.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Walla posted:

I've played 304 hours of Slay the Spire since mid-July.

Isn't it better on a mobile phone or tablet for various reasons?

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 15, 2021

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I heard the mobile slay the spire port was doodoo.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 22, 2021

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol. I came down hard off Animal Crossing. God bless it, that game was there when I needed it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

If not for Dread I would not have purchased a Nintendo game this year, lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't want to give Blizzard any money but I'd like a new ARPG.
How's Torchlight 3? I had a lot of fun with the first two.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bought an OLED Switch day one

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Read After Burning posted:

Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :colbert:

I cannot let the demands for rabbit pictures go unfulfilled. Behold the Holland:

Here he is after getting into my game cases. It was a day of destruction.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
another strike against physical copies

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
How's the Slayers Collection of doom games on switch? Is it a box with one cart for doom 2016 and a bunch of download codes?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

I heard the mobile slay the spire port was doodoo.

it’s fine. wish they’d add cloud saves though

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

McCracAttack posted:

lol. I came down hard off Animal Crossing. God bless it, that game was there when I needed it.

It came out the exact same day we went into quarantine here, it was amazing and pretty much became my life for the next few months

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Do they take the Sanrio cards? I got them ages ago, and would like to add some furniture/buddy stuff.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

21 games of 45 I started and played this year.

121 hours in Hades
77 in Stardew Valley. That was during the summer where I wanted to do more but those two games consumed me.

The SNES app got 82 hours though, primarily in Mario Picross. I was informed I was one of the biggest players of that app whatever that means.

Down to 850 hours from 1075… which still feels like a lot. Then again this is the only console I really play aside from the 3DS from time to time.

My split on usage is 47% docked vs 53 portable, which is probably mostly tabletop.

41 hours was my lowest in September with a peak of 129 in June. Summer was interestingly low though and I’ve played more this fall otherwise.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Update day for the Wii Shopping Channel!

Shadski
Jun 1, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I don't want to give Blizzard any money but I'd like a new ARPG.
How's Torchlight 3? I had a lot of fun with the first two.

Garbage by all accounts. Was a mobile game j believe

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Postman posted:

Lies; That's always on Friday! :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 15, 2021

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The Postman posted:

It’s still one of my favorite clips of all time

https://youtu.be/B_qnI1WrlnU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My split on usage is 47% docked vs 53 portable, which is probably mostly tabletop.

Eww. How?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Lol like half of my play hours are my son playing Minecraft.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Y'all should give Littlewood a spin. It's probably only like 20-35 hours of content at best but it's pretty cute and fun!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i am a pro-gamer :smug:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

looks like I didn't like any of the exclusives this year :smith:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rutibex posted:

i am a pro-gamer :smug:
Speedrunning FFX & X-2 in 7 hours sounds pretty pro gamer to me :v:

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 15, 2021

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

It's okay. I got the joke.

Thank you. I was slowly dying inside with every serious answer

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No surprises here, though it's too bad that Great Ace Attorney gets bumped off by the behemoth that is replaying Xenoblade.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zurtilik posted:

Lol like half of my play hours are my son playing Minecraft.

My kids remain hooked on AC, so it was my No. 1 game again despite my having not even peeked in on our island since last Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Shameful Nintendo dads using their kids to farm Nintendo playtime instead of just buying their kids their own zoomer console, like the one with the hand crank