Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Might have to wait for the next Blood Moon, that tends to reset everything.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Check the elevator

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Monthly reminder of the best Zelda song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gWQ5XN30

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve been enjoying my Master mode play through. It’s a tad disappointing that the Divine Beasts aren’t harder or remixed. But I’m having fun with it, I can definitely recommend it for veterans of the game that want something different. But like the base game, you get overpowered at some point and it’s not too hard. Still fun though.

I just got the Master Sword. Is the trial of the sword any different on Master Mode?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

I’ve been enjoying my Master mode play through. It’s a tad disappointing that the Divine Beasts aren’t harder or remixed. But I’m having fun with it, I can definitely recommend it for veterans of the game that want something different. But like the base game, you get overpowered at some point and it’s not too hard. Still fun though.

I just got the Master Sword. Is the trial of the sword any different on Master Mode?

just play the hyrule castle theme and plow through everything

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Cartoon Man posted:

The DLC versions on MM are nice because of the lack of options.

quote:

Different as in different challenges, or different as in leveling up the enemies like in the base game so that the lizalfos water floor is a slog through hell?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Cartoon Man posted:

It's "just" the enemy upgrades, which is hell enough.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

not *just* that. almost just that, but master mode does also include various extra (usually rusted) weapons in the first rooms of every set because they did realise giving you absolutely no help on taking out the 5x bigger enemy health bars would've been unreasonable

the lizalfos floor is unreasonable anyway

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh joy, I can’t wait.

:psypop:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Master Mode is fun when I forget I'm playing it and I actually merk a silver maned lynel but sometimes it's just obnoxious so I don't mind donning majoras mask to get stuff done.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

Monthly reminder of the best Zelda song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gWQ5XN30

:hmmyes:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NO2coNI.gifv

Y’all suck if you can’t beat Lynels with a pair of DK bongos.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/NO2coNI.gifv

Y’all suck if you can’t beat Lynels with a pair of DK bongos.

Do you need to do this in an emulator or can you set it up using Raphnet GC adapters?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Posted an uglier version of this a few weeks ago, this one is improved:
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1470465087710322694?s=20

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

WHY does it no longer look like a soup

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Sean posted:

Holy poo poo. I lost an orange ball thing on Eventide Island (the self-enclosed challenge thing) and I can't find it. I even left the island and reset and it won't come back. What the gently caress? I've walked all around this island for like 2 hours. Sunk cost, sure, but at this point I just want to finish it.

Have any of the sockets turned blue? The balls there disappear after you place them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

b_d posted:

Yeah now it looks like one of those gimmick notepads. If you could turn it back into soup, please do that.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Runcible Cat posted:

Have any of the sockets turned blue? The balls there disappear after you place them.

Yes, I have two of three set to be blue from the first two balls. The socket on the island just off the coast is still orange, though.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

b_d posted:

It was just a miscommunication with my publicist, "Broth of the Wild" is fortunately something we can laugh about now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Electromax posted:

It was just a miscommunication with my publicist, "Broth of the Wild" is fortunately something we can laugh about now.

:hmmyes:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Sean posted:

Yes, I have two of three set to be blue from the first two balls. The socket on the island just off the coast is still orange, though.

Huh, weird.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Could the sphere be in the water near that last receptacle? I dropped it there once.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Could the sphere be in the water near that last receptacle? I dropped it there once.

Probably, This happened to me as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.gamereactor.eu/amp/new-nintendo-patent-unveils-more-about-zelda-botw-2-gameplay/

Nothing really amazing here that we didn’t already know, but it looks like aerial combat is going to be cool and hopefully a big part of the game. Apparently you can shoot arrows while falling forwards or backwards.

I also like the drawing where you morph through the bottom of a floating island and end up inside a cave. I’m sure they’ll be puzzles and treasures chests utilizing that.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 15, 2021

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
After what feels like 10,000 years I have finally gotten every character's Lv 3 weapon in Hyrule Warriors, the worst part was trying to find the loving portals in the Lorule map to teleport me to Yuga's Lv 3 weapon as his was hidden fairly deep in the map.

Now I just need to go crazy hitting the Twilight/Termina maps for the Lv 4's and Grand Travels/Koholint and Lorule for the Lv 4+'s.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

After what feels like 10,000 years I have finally gotten every character's Lv 3 weapon in Hyrule Warriors, the worst part was trying to find the loving portals in the Lorule map to teleport me to Yuga's Lv 3 weapon as his was hidden fairly deep in the map.

Now I just need to go crazy hitting the Twilight/Termina maps for the Lv 4's and Grand Travels/Koholint and Lorule for the Lv 4+'s.

You sound like me about 10-11 months ago. What a game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Winifred Madgers posted:

You sound like me about 10-11 months ago. What a game.

I've had the game for a long time, first got it on the Wii U but I never really bothered with the deeper adventure mode maps until I recently decided to revisit the game.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I played through the story mode once, to get my feet wet, but once I got a whiff of all the unlocks in adventure mode I never looked back. When I have time again I do want to go back and hit the story mode for the harder difficulty levels and all of those rewards, but once I got all the weapons and fairy clothing/food I decided to let it lie for a while till the itch strikes me again.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I progress through Hyrule Warriors by binging it for a week, before burning out hard and not touching it again for several months, then back to step one. Maybe I'll finish it before I die.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I only stopped playing Hyrule Warriors because I ran out of consequential things to grind for. With all the medals, what difference does a slightly more optimized weapon make? Even then I still boot it up every once in a while.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I'm interested in this game; it looks to have a lot of trad-Zelda flavour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxlKDOYOcM

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only frustrating thing about HW to me is the locked skill poo poo on weapons. The skills require way too many KOs to unlock, and even when you unlock one you get like three or four more weapons with locked skills as rewards from beating the level. It just feels like an endless snowballing where you can never make progress because you're always stuck with more skills than you can reasonably unlock.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Runcible Cat posted:

I'm interested in this game; it looks to have a lot of trad-Zelda flavour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxlKDOYOcM

Sadly no switch date. Also I hope it’s better than loving Baldo

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I thought baldo hasn't even come out yet??

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Amppelix posted:

I thought baldo hasn't even come out yet??

It came out and was the fuckin worst thing I’ve ever played

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only frustrating thing about HW to me is the locked skill poo poo on weapons. The skills require way too many KOs to unlock, and even when you unlock one you get like three or four more weapons with locked skills as rewards from beating the level. It just feels like an endless snowballing where you can never make progress because you're always stuck with more skills than you can reasonably unlock.

Love to grind out 5000 kills to get a +Ganon damage weapon skill, and I know you can pay money to preview the skill but it costs a loving fortune to do so.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The only skills I really cared about were EXP+, Stars+, Slots+, and Rupees+, everything else was just filling space and I didn't make a point of the sealed skills except the 10k superweapons.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Every once in a while I would go through and sell all of my weapons except the ones with the above skills to get a couple of million rupees and level everyone up to a new floor, I made a lot of "I'm never going to use this weapon enough to unlock these skills" calls.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Winifred Madgers posted:

The only skills I really cared about were EXP+, Stars+, Slots+, and Rupees+, everything else was just filling space and I didn't make a point of the sealed skills except the 10k superweapons.

I try and slot in the elemental effects like Light+ if only because the bonus effects are pretty decent if I even notice them happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Oh yeah, I almost forgot those but they were about tied with rupees on my priority list.