Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Sony are better off making him an adult Miles that Tom Hardy Venon can interact with in his own little pocket of movies, rather than confusing things a bit by making him an adult Miles Morales Spider-man even briefly in the MCU and then trying to make Miles a successor to Peter using a different actor in a decades time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For extra weirdness, have him be/voice the actual Into the Spider-verse Miles as he does, standing out as CG from all the live action people around him.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The_Doctor posted:

For extra weirdness, have him be/voice the actual Into the Spider-verse Miles as he does, standing out as CG from all the live action people around him.

It is a Marvel movie, remember. Will people even notice that's he's CG?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

It is a Marvel movie, remember. Will people even notice that's he's CG?

Everyone sure noticed Patton Oswalt was.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

live with fruit posted:

Everyone sure noticed Patton Oswalt was.

Well, sure, but MODOK would be hard to cast without CGI.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Eternals end credits: He's not talking about MODOK.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Well, sure, but MODOK would be hard to cast without CGI.

Isn't that stop motion?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mate and I have a dumbass theory going.

Ep 5 of Hawkeye tonight, ends with a What A Tweest reveal with the Kingpin rocking up
Spider-man NWH happens explaining why Fisk is back
Ep 6 resolves Hawkeye + events of Spider+man

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

There’s a joke in the video game where Peter mentions trying something Groot grew but it resulted in plants starting to grow out of him.

The Guardians game is also pretty good in general.

Bought the game a few hours ago because I forgot about it and just finished the Monster Queen mission. I have to say this is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Infinitum posted:

Mate and I have a dumbass theory going.

Ep 5 of Hawkeye tonight, ends with a What A Tweest reveal with the Kingpin rocking up
Spider-man NWH happens explaining why Fisk is back
Ep 6 resolves Hawkeye + events of Spider+man

That would be far beyond any show / movie tie-in they've done before (the closest I can think is Winter Soldier / Agents of Shield which was purely one way from the movie to the show, and pretty light on details).

I can't see them putting that tight of timing on it, expecting people to watch Spiderman between Friday and Wednesday is a big ask.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Also, isn't No Way Home leading into Multiverse of Madness?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

So is phase 4 all leading into the multiverse? With Phase 1 we all knew it was leading up to Avengers, and phase 2 and 3 we knew it would be building to Thanos and the infinity stones. Frankly, I don't really know what to think about phase 4.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kazil posted:

So is phase 4 all leading into the multiverse? With Phase 1 we all knew it was leading up to Avengers, and phase 2 and 3 we knew it would be building to Thanos and the infinity stones. Frankly, I don't really know what to think about phase 4.

The only Phase 4 movie without a release date is Fantastic 4 (oh hey) so it appears everything is leading there. And it comes after Quantumania, which features Kang, so it's probably also leading to him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Anita Dickinme posted:

Bought the game a few hours ago because I forgot about it and just finished the Monster Queen mission. I have to say this is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created.

I do like how they did their best to do stuff they wouldn't be able to do in the main MCU stuff, while also taking the characters a little differently but in ways that worked well, especially Gamora.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

I do like how they did their best to do stuff they wouldn't be able to do in the main MCU stuff, while also taking the characters a little differently but in ways that worked well, especially Gamora.

Yeah I’m liking it so far. It was hard for me to get past not having the actual actors voice acting but got over it quick because they have done a superb job. Can’t wait for more backstory. :allears:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

enki42 posted:

That would be far beyond any show / movie tie-in they've done before (the closest I can think is Winter Soldier / Agents of Shield which was purely one way from the movie to the show, and pretty light on details).

I can't see them putting that tight of timing on it, expecting people to watch Spiderman between Friday and Wednesday is a big ask.

I’d convinced myself that Black Widow / Loki (which had a premier/finale line up exactly like this) were going to tie into each other with Loki pulling a variant Natasha out of the time stream to replace the dead mainline one. Obviously didn’t happen, but I’d be shocked if they don’t do something like this eventually.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Klungar posted:

I’d convinced myself that Black Widow / Loki (which had a premier/finale line up exactly like this) were going to tie into each other with Loki pulling a variant Natasha out of the time stream to replace the dead mainline one. Obviously didn’t happen, but I’d be shocked if they don’t do something like this eventually.

They might (and probably will) do something like that, but they won't do that specifically. The whole point of Yelena is to be the new Black Widow.

In a way they have already done something like that with Loki himself. I admit that I'm eager to see series Loki interacting with character who knew the dead Loki. I'm hoping we get to see series Loki interacting with Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Caught a pre-release showing of 'Spiderman: NWH' last night. No spoilers of course, it's a very 'Infinity War' scale thing and I enjoyed it a lot.

There was a new and extended trailer for 'Multiverse of Madness' at the end of it... I will say that pretty much all of the MCU TV stuff for the last year now becomes required viewing for it, especially . 'What If...' . (not really a spoiler since it's just a trailer but it's a cool reveal if you want to go in blind), which was a real surprise. Mate who I was with hadn't watched any of it and didn't have a clue what he was seeing.

It's a wild ask for the audience when to fully appreciate storytelling you need to watch every Spiderman film, all MCU films and all MCU TV. Cool, but, that's a big ask.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Well THAT was a creepy cold opening.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The opening is amazing

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So we're supposed to accept that Yelena bought a second vest?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*in Jim Ross voice*

BUSINESS JUST PICKED UP, FOLKS

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Oh man, oh gently caress

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The dinner scene dragged a little too long, but man, I thoroughly enjoy Yelena. She absolutely steals the show.

The Kingpin reveal is hollow meta drama and I hate it. It means nothing to Kate Bishop, it adds no drama for the actual characters.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Dec 15, 2021

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

It is far too late at night to make macaroni and dump a bunch of hot sauce on it, but now I want some.

So two episodes left, or one? Feels cramped either way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jet Jaguar posted:

It is far too late at night to make macaroni and dump a bunch of hot sauce on it, but now I want some.

So two episodes left, or one? Feels cramped either way.

Just one, I'm afraid. Maybe it will be a bit longer, though.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

After all the recaps and credits these episodes are only about 30 mins long each - so this season isn't really that much longer than a single movie.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
What a great episode, all the character stuff was superb.

Yelena and Kate Bishop were so good together. Loved the reversal where suddenly Kate’s the quiet reserved one in a conversation with someone taking her bouncy irreverent role.

The exploration of grief and guilt is making Hawkguy far more interesting a person than I ever expected.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Firebert posted:

The opening is amazing

Yeah I dug this a lot. We get to experience what it was like for someone to get blipped and it's just a great example of how these marvel shows are able to build upon a specific event and carry it forward.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

404notfound posted:

Oh man, oh gently caress

Mother loving Kingpin from the Netflix Daredevil!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hohoho called it on Kingpin, and they also mentioned the updated Statue of Liberty.

Should be interesting to find out if they've always been there, or if they've just rocked up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also for the love of gently caress America learn how to shoot a goddamn action scene already that isn't jump cuts every 1/2 a second.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Infinitum posted:

and they also mentioned the updated Statue of Liberty.
Yeah, what was that about?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's a No Way Home related spoiler from the trailers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also pro-tip don't google that, or you'll get actual NWH spoilers now - cause the internet is garbage

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Hawkeye has no right to be such a good show

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Everyone posted:

They might (and probably will) do something like that, but they won't do that specifically. The whole point of Yelena is to be the new Black Widow.

In a way they have already done something like that with Loki himself. I admit that I'm eager to see series Loki interacting with character who knew the dead Loki. I'm hoping we get to see series Loki interacting with Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

Yeah, I should clarify, by “they’ll do that sometime”, I mean “they’ll (have the plot of a movie and tv show running concurrently have an interlocking/related plot point) sometime,” not that specific Black Widow plot point.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Just realised Yelena’s backwards swan dive is her “show off” take on Natasha’s superhero landing. Lol you adorable hypocrite.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
So at this point about the least surprising thing to happen would be a tease for a Daredevil tv show as the post credits scene on episode 6? Or Does it turn out that they retitle the Echo tv show and it becomes Daredevil and Echo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

HERAK posted:

So at this point about the least surprising thing to happen would be a tease for a Daredevil tv show as the post credits scene on episode 6? Or Does it turn out that they retitle the Echo tv show and it becomes Daredevil and Echo?

Oh yes, reduce the showtime of a native deaf amputee to make room for a white Christian guy who acts blind.
I'm not in favor of that idea. Cox is great and I want to see more of her. Daredevil can be her assistant if necessary.

I'm actually kinda excited for that upcoming TV show, even though it's long away. Her breaking up with the gang and going on a one woman rampage to tear it all down sounds fun.

Clint was kind of an rear end in a top hat there. "Yeah, so I did kill your father, but I was informed by your boss, so it's all his fault. Blame him and stay away from me."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 15, 2021