Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah I'm not gonna begrudge a guy with two kids getting the big bag of money while he still has the bumps on his card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

To be fair it seems like they push Kevin pretty hard and he's featured a lot. So if they paid him real good I could see why he would stay

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Dang O'Well is my favorite NXT 2.0 superstar.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'd love to know if he set a maximum amount of dates per year to work.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

For being a HHH pointed NXT guy Owens has actually consistently been pushed on the main roster for pretty much his entire time there. He’s not exactly languishing in geek hell like Sami is. Giving him the stunner means something in terms of how much they think he’s a serious competitor.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

To be fair it seems like they push Kevin pretty hard and he's featured a lot. So if they paid him real good I could see why he would stay

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah, I think re-signing for Owens is the best option for him. He has a family to support, will almost certainly make more money year over year at WWE, and is consistently pushed hard so he doesn't seem like someone they're just going to cut out of nowhere but even if that did occur he'd fairly easily move to AEW. I think the same will also occur for Sami.

Its sort of a trend I'm starting to notice is that a lot of the more family oriented wrestlers tend to be sticking with WWE because its the best way to secure the most money, whereas the guys without kids are heading to AEW. With only really Bryan breaking that trend. Its also why I think Gargano and/or O'Reilly will resign with WWE as well. With all the cuts occurring for the more high profile guys like them it seems like a lot of money is being put on the table at the moment for their contracts. And as I said above in the event that they do get cut down the line they're guys that will easily transition to AEW. And probably transition at a better time down the road, as AEW is kind of flush with newly transitioned stars at the moment.

Blasmeister posted:

For being a HHH pointed NXT guy Owens has actually consistently been pushed on the main roster for pretty much his entire time there. He’s not exactly languishing in geek hell like Sami is. Giving him the stunner means something in terms of how much they think he’s a serious competitor.

I'd honestly argue Sami is pushed very highly as well, he carried a title and led major segments consistently through the pandemic and is now consistently in highly rated segments with Brock Lesnar so they seem to hold him in high regard.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 15, 2021

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
He signed again so he could finish the job on Vince.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd honestly rather see AEW sign more young talent to build the future than more ex-WWE big name veterans who will take up a good amount of TV time to build them properly. KO could get a Bryan/Punk run in a few years, but right now the scene is already packed enough.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He re-signed, because Tony needs a double-agent inside WWE.

But yeah, big sacks of money and relatively guaranteed status in the upper-middlecard seems like a safe bet. AEW's top level is starting to be so stacked that there's simply not enough spotlight for everyone.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

papa powerbomb

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
It's a huge bummer for me. Kevin's a favorite of mine, and I would have liked to have seen him again on a show that I can actually stomach watching. But it ain't my decision to make. If you're happy where you are, don't gently caress with that happiness.

Hopefully they pay him well and don't fire him out of fuckin' nowhere.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 15, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/PatLaprade/status/1471166161345822727?s=19

We'll find out why I guess

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I would rather that KO be somewhere he can put on good matches and entertain me but I can't blame him if he's happy where he is, or wants a bigger paycheck. I hope he's getting paid really well!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If these guys want to use AEW as leverage to get the contracts they deserve, good for them! AEWs roster is already stacked

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
100% Kevin signed just to have a program with the Egg.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This one really hurts :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4DrPwny8xQ

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Astro7x posted:

If these guys want to use AEW as leverage to get the contracts they deserve, good for them! AEWs roster is already stacked

:hmmyes:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do like that we're back to the $$$$ part of the arc.

-They hear AEW is gonna be a thing, they gobble up talent like a hoarding dragon.
-AEW is a thing, they start pumping cash up to anyone that's hinting they'll go there.
-COVID hits, nothing matters, just fire whoever it doesn't matter.
-AEW keeps cherry picking their firings to great success, time to pump cash up again.

Lesnar is going to get enough money to buy a small island for Wrestlemania.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHt481HsFU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’ll be a nice fat check until the Q1 earnings week next year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sportsgenius86 posted:

That’ll be a nice fat check until the Q1 earnings week next year.

Yeah, as soon as Nick Khan reads how much Owens is making, he'll cut him.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
This Kevin news got me wondering, who's the highest paid jobber in wrestling history?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The offer was beyond ridiculous

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Once Vince saw how weird Owens's armpits are, he knew he'd pay any price to keep him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Get that money; I think KO can also see that AEW is really crowded and probably going to be more so since they are going to be looking at picking up ROH folks and people already cut from WWE.

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

stab posted:

The offer was beyond ridiculous

No-cut contract?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Good on KO for getting paid. Wanted to see him in AEW, but I hope he it works out for him.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Everyone talks about the HHH/Nick Khan power struggle, but some of Vince's last lucid memories are KO caving in his skull with a headbutt and then beating up Shane off and on for a year afterwards. Two things in this world that garner more Mcmahon Respect than just about anything else.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Stevel posted:

No-cut contract?

Can't comment on the deal cause not my business to share at all and im getting details 5th hand but i'm incredibly happy for kev

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE definitely needs KO more than AEW does. He's one of the few guys there who can make any of their poo poo look good and no matter what they do to him he always manages to stay credible

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Owens is also pretty regularly at the top of the card even if he's not in the main event so yeah, WWE needs him more than AEW because they're constantly making their current stars look like goons.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Reading the KO news has me picturing those awful bumps posted yesterday with rings/coins/dollar bills spilling out of him when hits

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Im glad KO got paid!!!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Kevin used his relationship with the Bucks and Adam Cole as leverage and he got fuckin PAID for it and I'm happy for him

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's good that KO is getting paid. Not like AEW won't be there in the future if he gets cut or whatever.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Might as well get paid til the next round of cuts. He can go to AEW whenever. Shame though. I haven't seen a KO match in years and would've liked to see more.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Congrats to Kevin Owens and Bram on their multi-year contracts

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Owens is a main event scene Raw guy, they haven’t lost many (any?) of those. The reporting on what top WWE guys make was still in excess of the $3M rumors around Punk and Danielson for what it’s worth. Get the bag Kev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They haven’t lost any, except and Wyatt and Adam titan