Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Kavros posted:

Depending on the suit and backpack you're wearing (and there's some pretty large ones) you could carry 100,000k+ of the little gift boxes in one run. Also, with global inventory being a thing on planets, you could dump as many as you wanted into planetary inventory and access that to sell at the kiosk.

Uh surely you must be mistaken? This does not sound fidelitous at all. How is there no revolt on Spectrum over this?

- It's ok, it's Tier 0 Box Carrying *hand waves in the air to no one in particular*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pixelate posted:

You can see the lust from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2o979ndu8&t=164s

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Bronze Fonz posted:

Uh surely you must be mistaken? This does not sound fidelitous at all. How is there no revolt on Spectrum over this?

- It's ok, it's Tier 0 Box Carrying *hand waves in the air to no one in particular*

Best part about it was that people were thoroughly grinding the Christmas box collection event because they've been severely punished by the new inventory loss system into complete aversion of any missions where you can lose your gear. Luminalia was safe from the recent Groundbreaking Immersion of several layers of frustration added to the game's myriad unavoidable deaths. So everyone was doing that instead.

The response, in truly textbook form, was to eliminate the viability of the cheeky, silly temporary event to help you earn cash. And to do so only after the early birds got millions from it.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Kavros posted:

Best part about it was that people were thoroughly grinding the Christmas box collection event because they've been severely punished by the new inventory loss system into complete aversion of any missions where you can lose your gear. Luminalia was safe from the recent Groundbreaking Immersion of several layers of frustration added to the game's myriad unavoidable deaths. So everyone was doing that instead.

The response, in truly textbook form, was to eliminate the viability of the cheeky, silly temporary event to help you earn cash. And to do so only after the early birds got millions from it.

I love that about CIG. Leave it to them to meld together the worst gameplay options. High value gear, hard to collect? Let's have it super easy and crushing emotionally to lose said gear.

Non-AAAA games wimp out. Either make it easy to lose and easy to find gear or hard to find gear has either BOP or some form of ownership protection. Losers!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glad to see the QA department working OT.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Dwesa posted:

They're celebrating 'Luminalia' again

Buy some 'holiday merchandise' - same as regular merchandise, but what makes it 'holiday' is the need to pre-order it so it can arrive after holidays? Or who knows!

Oh and crobbler shaker to make your own Hairy Roberts!

:lol:

I first read that as a Crobbler shaker

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

FishMcCool posted:

Was about to say that this picture was possibly the best overall visual description of SC, but then, it's lacking a little something, therefore that title goes to:

How much extra for a blue skin ?
What's the top speed on that bad boy ?
How does the handling compare to the small and large trolly ?
Does it come with LTI? What's the insurance timer on it ? Like should I get two encase the first one clips through the floor ?

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

I bet this is how the Calder loan was structured:

I give you $50m now and you give me 20% of all income until the end of time.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Popete posted:

I can't imagine drinking out of Star Citizen glassware and not being extremely embarrassed.

Alternative ending to this debacle.

A rouge and little watched employee who is responsible for organising merch at CIG starts designing his own expensive crockery and glassware which he covertly has made up and sold as SC merch. His glassware turns out to be a smash hit and he is left to his own devices.

In 2026 the vertical slice of SQ42 is a mess dining hall scene that smoothly shows off up and coming designs for a range of kitchenware and this "add" is viral hit and sales skyrocket. Shortly after the company rebrands as Crockery Imperium.

There are several post on spectrum that explain how sever meshing was about digital food severs meshing with a digital dining hall assests and this was clearly the plan from day one if you were paying attention.

Several early backers become overnight millionaires selling NFT's of there ships wineglasses while the PU becomes the most expensive online kitchen store ever created. There is even an online community searching for lost wine glasses that were rumoured to be hidden early in the stores development.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 15, 2021

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
What sort of cocktail are you supposed to make in a star citizen cobbler (sorry, crobbler)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Pixelate posted:

Is SC the final frontier?

If they add green skin tones we’ll know for sure

No sexy alien babes. That's the rules.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Blue On Blue posted:

The system tony is building is so advanced it will generate its own voice lines , by the power of quanta !!!

Wasn't this already proposed/planned? I'm getting some major deja vu reading your statement.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Wasn't this already proposed/planned? I'm getting some major deja vu reading your statement.

hell probably but no one is going to sift through years of brain worms from that guy to make heads or tails of any of it, aside from 'give us more money'

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Remember when I said this?

Kavros posted:

Whales are a tiny bit more dangerous right now than they usually are on account of that they are the only ones who can indefinitely access a ship called the Ares Ion, which is designed around one very large energy cannon that, with sufficient trigger discipline, absolutely brutalizes, and can often one-shot smaller ships. It is so poorly tuned at present that it trivializes most pve space combat matters.

Completely expectedly, the Ares Ion is getting adjusted in the latest PTU to retune its extreme high-end alpha per shot down now that the IAE sale is over. I'm watching backers pitch horrid tantrums and force the mods to put the discord on slow mode.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Kavros posted:

Remember when I said this?

Completely expectedly, the Ares Ion is getting adjusted in the latest PTU to retune its extreme high-end alpha per shot down now that the IAE sale is over. I'm watching backers pitch horrid tantrums and force the mods to put the discord on slow mode.

How much is it?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Lammasu posted:

How much is it?

Standalone - $250 (Original - $220)
Warbond - $220 (Original - $195)

Probably won't be purchasable in-game for another patch or two. They usually let players have half a year or so of exclusivity before letting anybody buy it in-game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've been following Star Citizen for awhile now and I still have no idea what Warbond/CCU means but it appears to be the main way you play Star Citizen.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Popete posted:

I've been following Star Citizen for awhile now and I still have no idea what Warbond/CCU means but it appears to be the main way you play Star Citizen.

Warbond means new cash only. No store credit from returned ships.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DopeyUnnaturalKangaroo-mobile.mp4

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

smellmycheese posted:

Well well. Look who’s beaten his fellow shifty British game designer to jump on the blockchain scam

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1469814203330416641?s=21
Peter Molyneux's next game has sold £40 million in NFTs

:wtchris:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

le sigh

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol that rules

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

quote:

The most expensive was a London plot, a limited edition of one at Ancient (artificial) rarity, which sold for the equivalent of about £670,000.

:psyduck:

When I grow up, I want to fleece stupid gamers. Why don't they teach this at school

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Molyneux is a goddamn legend. Not of video game development, of course.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It someone seems more genuine when Molyneux is doing it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What is more rare than ancient (artificial) rarity? In the lovely games I play (where you can't buy stuff for hundreds or thousands of dollars) things stop at legendary/mythical and are usually either orange or golden.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I remember in Puzzle Pirates the rarest and most expensive color to make was black so everyone wanted black in their clothes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

if i'm reading this right, having an NFT makes you a landlord and all the other players will have to rent keys from a landlord in order to play the game and you get a % of their crypto earnings.

incredible.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Did they really though I wonder? The archetypical NFT scam is to trade them back and forth between accounts you own to pump the price up to ridiculous levels without actually spending any money. Then you get the idiot media to report on the huge figure you created and they unknowingly bring in the actual suckers to buy the oh-so-valuable NFTs.

This is the only reason anyone has heard of them lol.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Spatial posted:

Did they really though I wonder? The archetypical NFT scam is to trade them back and forth between accounts you own to pump the price up to ridiculous levels without actually spending any money. Then you get the idiot media to report on the huge figure you created and they unknowingly bring in the actual suckers to buy the oh-so-valuable NFTs.

This is the only reason anyone has heard of them lol.

I also wonder if there was any verification of this fact at all. Probably not, video games 'journalism' is primarily just taking a press release and putting it into your own words

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You all are missing the bigger picture: this now means Molyneux has to deliver on a game to justify the NFTs. And after the fiasco with Curiosity Cube and Godus where they pretty much forgot their promise to the kid that won Curiosity Cube that he would share in the profits of Godus (which STILL isn't out of early access on Steam, despite Molyneux insisting he still has a team working on it [lol]), I can't wait to see the fallout when he inevitably fails to deliver and a bunch of bag holders get real mad.

The fact that the game is literally a pyramid scheme is just delicious icing on the cake. This train wreck is gonna be real fun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Nice Fuckin Tiff

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

commando in tophat posted:

:psyduck:

When I grow up, I want to fleece stupid gamers. Why don't they teach this at school

Can we all just band together on this and create a game dev company called Nerd Fleecing Technologies? I nominate Beet as our erstwhile and lovable CEO.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kavros posted:

What sort of cocktail are you supposed to make in a star citizen cobbler (sorry, crobbler)

Obviously a Hairy Roberts

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

monkeytek posted:

Can we all just band together on this and create a game dev company called Nerd Fleecing Technologies? I nominate Beet as our erstwhile and lovable CEO.

TFW Love Pledge would probably have made millions had it not been a joke.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am gonna make a website selling Digital Vagaries
They will cost between $200 - $5000 and the site will make it clear that you get nothing for your money, apart from software working on your behalf to fulfil your order.
The 0s and 1s involved in this process will only occur once as you make your order, and after that new 0s and 1s will be generated for every other order, ensuring what you have purchased was unique for the fleeting microsecond that it existed.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

monkeytek posted:

Okay, honestly let's do it. I already have an idea: NFT waifus where you sell the NFT for each waifu (there would be hundreds or thousands) and all the horny nerds who choose her (it would be a horny game) have to pay royalties to the original holder (but mostly to us) via watching ads (or purchasing a subscription )whenever they want to do horny things with them

Alternatively, instead of making such a game just advertise it, get a bunch of dumb rich fuckasses to buy the waifu NFTs then leave them holding the bag.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
NFTs are legit coming to love pledge

Covid hit the dev team hard but they are still trucking

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
NFT anime pillows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

I am gonna make a website selling Digital Vagaries
They will cost between $200 - $5000 and the site will make it clear that you get nothing for your money, apart from software working on your behalf to fulfil your order.
The 0s and 1s involved in this process will only occur once as you make your order, and after that new 0s and 1s will be generated for every other order, ensuring what you have purchased was unique for the fleeting microsecond that it existed.

I mean that's literally what NFTs are if (when) the site hosting the image file goes down. You now own a digital signature that contains a broken link, congrats!