Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

reminds me of the Strain where by the end of it I wanted to strangle the son character. I went on google and did a search about how lovely that kid was and a ton of results came up. like everything would be so much better if the little poo poo just died.

That kid was such a little poo poo, he could have been Campion's long lost brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Father got so close to being able to call his son “champ” but he’s stuck with “camp”

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Where is the cult of Isis in all of this?

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I want, no, demand that milky robots castrate themselves for Isis.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished a 1-week binge of the show. Definitely a lot of WTF (especially the final episode) but I enjoyed it. I love the music, atmosphere, production values, and the story leaves me wanting more. The season 2 trailer looks even better.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
it makes me real sad that I won’t be able to relive the perfect storm of being stuck in lockdown, bored out of my mind, and trying to process this weird-rear end show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There’s a new ad running for the show on Instagram, and it brings good tidings and cheer for those curious about the appearance of a certain reptilian plot device in season 2:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Huzzah!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

space snake lives

Lord be praised

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Raised by Wolves 2: Snake's Revenge

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The ancient saga of wolf vs snake begins again.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's all one big snake-out.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
tunnel snakes rule

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

General Battuta posted:

Father got so close to being able to call his son “champ” but he’s stuck with “camp”

I love that father has a... I dunno, program I guess, that's totally dedicated to coming up with terrible dad jokes for the kids.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Welcome to the Tropical Zone
We got One Big Snake
We got everything you want
Praise Sol, he knows your names

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I need to watch the last episode again, I cant remember if it made no sense or if I was super high while I watched it or both

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

pile of brown posted:

I need to watch the last episode again, I cant remember if it made no sense or if I was super high while I watched it or both

Yes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Season 2 better have one those re-caps shorts and have Spake Snek getting featured for top billing.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
it would almost be on par for this show if there was a narrated recap that goes into way too much detail, more than was even in the show, and also none of it makes any fuckin sense

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’d love for someone who hasn’t watched season 1 to try and explain what’s going on in that poster.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think watching season one really helps to be honest.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Like, for example, that snake was big and now it’s small?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Like, for example, that snake was big and now it’s small?

The snake is a penis, my penis is also sometimes big then small.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Biggest mystery to me is who were the ppl already on the planet who ostensibly set out those prescient metal, I dunno, cards depicting future events?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

General Battuta posted:

In the television show RAISED BY WOLVES, who is raised by wolves?

I know it's a joke question but the answer is that it's a reference to the story of Romulus and Remus who were cared for by a female wolf. This is a metaphor for the show since it's about inhuman robots caring for human children. It also ties into Mithriac tradition that has a hard-on for roman culture.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Maybe Champion and uhh that other kid will be Romulus and Remus!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Biggest mystery to me is who were the ppl already on the planet who ostensibly set out those prescient metal, I dunno, cards depicting future events?

snake-folks

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lister posted:

I know it's a joke question but the answer is that it's a reference to the story of Romulus and Remus who were cared for by a female wolf. This is a metaphor for the show since it's about inhuman robots caring for human children. It also ties into Mithriac tradition that has a hard-on for roman culture.

"Wolf child" is a common term in some European languages usually used synonymously with feral child(children raised by animals) or sometimes to refer to (orphaned) children who are growing up in inhumane conditions.

I think this applies to almost everyone on the show to some extent. Campion is being raised by two machines, one of which is a psychotic sentient predator drone. The machines are mentally children themselves who have never met their creator and kinda raising themselves in the wild. Charlie was raised by his psychotic religious freak parents who didn't even speak to him. Ragnar and Sue were orphaned child soldiers born into war and barbarism and raising themselves. The whole Mithraism religion was spiritually raised by sinister eldritch horrors and its followers have grown into bad dysfunctional people as a result.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

General Battuta posted:

Maybe Champion and uhh that other kid will be Romulus and Remus!

The snake is actually both Romulus and Remus.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Ethiser posted:

The snake is actually both Romulus and Remus.

Someone work out the Remora joke that's hiding in this.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
We, the audience, were the Romuluses and Remuses all along

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I['m Dad Bot woudl you like to hear a joke? What did the canyon say to the boy?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

I choose to believe this is a prequel about Mother's wacky teenage years. In this very special episode, Mother learns an important lesson about choosing the right pair of eyes when she accidentally vaporizes here prom date.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

22 days until the milky robbits come back and the snake comes back and things get spooky and creepy again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
That kid looks 30.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gonz posted:

22 days until the milky robbits come back and the snake comes back and things get spooky and creepy again.

the adventures of the Virgin Campion vs the Chad Paul

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope the snake steps on some people

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is a third robot in a grey catsuit. I hope her name is Aunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009