Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

finally got round to changing the thread name, let me know if you don't like it and i'll change it back :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

sebmojo posted:

finally got round to changing the thread name, let me know if you don't like it and i'll change it back :D

well if it confused the poo poo out of me for a moment I'm guessing it might do the same to others so frankly I'm very supportive

well that's some thinking with portals

Crisp

So I get down there and notice this little pile of foam shreds and wood fibres under the caravan door

oh seriously dominic you fuckken rat

The areas that got spiced up last time were activity free, so I doused down more areas and if needs be that whole caravan is gonna get so spicy not even my dad could eat it (he would try though, bless him)

Well I got stuff going anyway, after that little rodent related interlude

First up was getting some cladding cut to size for each end of the shelterbench benchshelter, then figuring what I could do with the offcuts

Then some trimming of the log wall to let me install it, but that's a job for another day when I bring other tools

Some of the moss decided to be fashionable and match my coffee mug, very suave

Seen as I had a little time and battery left and a wet-wood blade affixed, I chopped up the first wood barrow of the winter- this was from logs left to the elements last spring, I'm mildly surprised it has dried this well already and probably would have cut better with a dry-wood blade

Same birb appears in both shots, for the eagle eyed amongst you

Tomorrow brings new boots (bigger and more badass than ever before) and more woodworking and some information about the big tree order so there will be more, soon

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DesperateDan posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pg0oDP4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sYijkcw.jpg

Same birb appears in both shots, for the eagle eyed amongst you

No need to be eagle eyed.

Linked, not embedded, because ridiculously huge.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

endlessmonotony posted:

No need to be eagle eyed.

Linked, not embedded, because ridiculously huge.

it was just a poor quality bird pun but you win the prize through glorious default and may choose one from the following:

- I will cut you down a tree
- I will plant you a tree
- I will pee on a tree

congradumalationes!!

general operational update: hedgerows against capitalism

so you kind folks gave a bit more than this but paypal took their little vig

and so I'm doubling down just like a veteran shitposter-

Apple, Herefordshire Russet, x1

Blackthorn, x60

Birch, Silver, x5

Berberis Darwinii, x5

Berberis Green, x5

Cherry, Wild, x5

Cotoneaster Franchetii, x5

Crab Apple, x5

Mountain Ash (Rowan), x5

Quickthorn (Hawthorn), x60

Rose, Dog Rose, x15

Viburnum Tinus, x3

Cotoneaster Dammeri Major, x3

Photinia Red Robin, x3

Catmint, x2

Walnut, x3

ORDER CONFIRMED

so that gives us 185(?) trees/plants ordered to reinforce the 20 or 30 or so waiting at the farm nursery (the bit outside the front of the caravan), meaning troop numbers for the '22 spring offensives will be over 200 total. current plan is to have this delivered first week of february while I build up some further infrastructure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pntz1V_v_sI

so here's a big thankyou from me in form of the labours of me going through thousands of trailcam clips from the last 10 months, thinning it to a hundred or so, then editing them down further- there will be another out in a few days to bring things roughly up to date

btw these fancy brand name "mechanix" gloves barely lasted a day or two of actual work before coming apart at the seams and customer service don't give a poo poo

as a general update I have new boots that have protective plates in even more places and are waterproof, as well as some other useful and mundane fieldcraft bits. Also, I'm now a month into having decent pain/neurological relief and it's... loving amazing. the fatigue still holds me back a bunch but the occupational therapists and me are working on that- between the season and family commitments and a big backlog of things to do this hasn't really related into much extra work done at the farm yet, but comrades, there will be more, soon

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My wife and I loved the trailcam compilation. The fox and badger especially

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I love that little jay who's a regular visitor. Only seen them once or twice in real life.

I feel bad that you spent more on my tree than I donated, so there might be a top-up incoming if I remember next time I'm at my PC.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

The Berberis darwiiiniiiiii is out of stock so I will need to pick replacements for that but everything else is now reserved for despatch for the first week of February

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

My wife and I loved the trailcam compilation. The fox and badger especially

thanks, and if you liked that then there's more badger and fox antics and other stuff due on Friday :)

Then again in several months after I solve the mystery of the trailcams (it's dodgy caps and an evil firmware version I tell you)

Maugrim posted:

I love that little jay who's a regular visitor. Only seen them once or twice in real life.

There's a few pairs of them around- quite often when one is on the ground the other is in a tree close by. Often argue with a parliament of magpies but as soon as a threat shows up they are all comrades on the squawklines

Maugrim posted:

I feel bad that you spent more on my tree than I donated, so there might be a top-up incoming if I remember next time I'm at my PC.

Oh hell no please don't feel bad or feel like you need to send more- requests were open to all regardless of donations and anyway I wanted a good excuse to grab something interesting fruit/genetics wise because this purchase has been 99.5% about bulk hedgerow and that's much cheaper to buy

maybe next year can be fruit orchards against capitalism

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 15, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:unsmith: okay, I'll save it for the next donation drive. Thanks for continuing to share all this with us.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Maugrim posted:

:unsmith: okay, I'll save it for the next donation drive. Thanks for continuing to share all this with us.

It's literally the only way I can deal with the level of privilege I feel at being able to do what I want with such a place :unsmith:

flammable and inflammable

it was a little misty and chilly

Brought in things like a big thing in a blue thing and wood and bird food

Birds were then fed and also noisy

Thought the controller was dead but turns out the ground to the battery was messed up and the whole thing probably needs a rewire

Warm, dry and protected feet and hands can't be beat

Office needed a tidy

And a fire

So some stuff got delivered and some stuff got kinda fixed and I set some things on fire- next up is turning the wood into more parts of a shelterbench which could use some windows too I guess- more soon!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Your office is the best!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Dangit, my traditional tree is crabapple. And the trees I like best are silver birches, rowans, and pines.

Leaves oaks and european plums among the trees I like.

... I know a lot about trees and taking care of them now that I think about it.

Choices, choices. Protect a tree from those goddamn rabbits for me willya? Hate the bastards.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

DesperateDan posted:

btw these fancy brand name "mechanix" gloves barely lasted a day or two of actual work before coming apart at the seams and customer service don't give a poo poo

I use leather drivers gloves (different from leather driving gloves - they’re a bit Partridge) when I scrub bash or do chainsaw work. They’re very hard wearing (and importantly thorn proof) and you can get fleece lined ones that keep your hands nice and toasty in the cold weather too.

You can get them on Amazon, but if you have any ag supply shops near you, they usually stock them also. A pair normally lasts me about a year and I pretty much use them everyday.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Dead Goon posted:

Your office is the best!

Thanks :) its a big step up from the last setup, and was really nice to be able lay down for 15 minutes to recharge and warm up- a little bit more work will make it even more cosy, especially closing in the ends a bit

endlessmonotony posted:

Dangit, my traditional tree is crabapple. And the trees I like best are silver birches, rowans, and pines.

Leaves oaks and european plums among the trees I like.

... I know a lot about trees and taking care of them now that I think about it.

Choices, choices. Protect a tree from those goddamn rabbits for me willya? Hate the bastards.

I have too many oaks, and two plum trees :)

Absolutely no rabbits though- a few warrens over atop other side of the hill where theres chalk breaking the surface, large sandy deposits and a few farms to eat from but the grounds and forage aren't much good for them on the acres

Catzilla posted:

I use leather drivers gloves (different from leather driving gloves - they’re a bit Partridge) when I scrub bash or do chainsaw work. They’re very hard wearing (and importantly thorn proof) and you can get fleece lined ones that keep your hands nice and toasty in the cold weather too.

You can get them on Amazon, but if you have any ag supply shops near you, they usually stock them also. A pair normally lasts me about a year and I pretty much use them everyday.

I had a few pairs of hide gloves made by dickies many years ago that sound very similar but they don't seem to do them anymore- recently got a pair from briers that are hide with a nice foam/thermal lining and they seem great so far, but I need a secondary lighter weight pair for stuff that requires dexterity

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wax07x5fua0

Second half of the trailcam footage is up

the neewer brand trailcam is probably functionally dead- customer service did try their best but its out of warranty now so all they can do is offer a partial refund if I buy another one. The victure brand one is acting a bit weird and triggering over nothing and not triggering when it should but that happened before and was fixable with a reset- gonna do that later today if I get chance

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I love this thread so much. Been lurking since the beginning and you have a beautiful plot of land.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Scathach posted:

I love this thread so much. Been lurking since the beginning and you have a beautiful plot of land.

thanks and hope you continue to enjoy

feel free to post more

or not, I'm not your supervisor :colbert:

a pretty long shortest day

not had much time but been working a little bit here and there on woodwork- about another carving session from having this hammer handle ready to fit

About 3C and windy enough to make it feel it, but pretty to look at

the beauty in this image is how warm, dry and comfortable my feet were while standing around in the cold all day

did the routine stuff

okay, so today I get to put together the previous work done, and I even remembered a before pic

Only hosed up a few times

The windows even open a bit and it was totally a pre-planned design feature and not accidental at all

So that's the sides mostly sorted out and the front bit of the roof extended and made ready for more structural work

I want to do the roof properly with some metal or pvc panels but that can wait for now

then it was getting all dusky cause it's the shortest day so I hiked the gently caress out. Happy solstice goons- there will be more, soon

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Lookin good Dan!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rotten posted:

Lookin good Dan!

thanks, I like to stay in shape

splitting time

vroom/peep

what's in the bag?

fun, fun things

when your wedge gets stuck, use more wedges. run out of wedges? shoulda brought more, scrub

well that's two bags of wood split and bagged and dragged up the goddamn hill and already delivered to my sister

so between the wood splitting and the hauling and the bird feeding and sitting for a bit with a coffee (twice, union rules) there wasn't any time for anything much else today... but on the way out I spoke with the neighboring farmer and I now have limited car access again for loading, with full access once the new track has been rolled a few times. Yay.

Oh, and happy various holiday celebrations goons :unsmith: there will be more, soon!

Rotten
May 21, 2002

That's awesome you'll have car access again

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rotten posted:

That's awesome you'll have car access again

I probably won't use it much for now because I don't need to much and the least wear/damage on the track makes for most diplomatic points but it's real nice to know things are progressing well on that front and when there's full access again that opens up some fun projects

Rotten
May 21, 2002

For sure! This time of year is always rough on my backyard whenever I drive around on it.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rotten posted:

For sure! This time of year is always rough on my backyard whenever I drive around on it.

normally this time of year the ground is a lot more frozen up, right now it's a swamp and if I go off track slightly it would mean a big mess and a pissed off farmer

boxing day escape

Yo, it's time for me to do the boxing day escape from the in-laws

Behold, a swamp

It's been raining loads so it was a good chance to see how the shelterbench benchshelter works with the rain.... and it's not great but I can see how to improve it a bit

Today is traditionally about not working so I just sat and watched the rain in the mist and drank coffee. Hope you all had a good xmas, there will be more, soon

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 26, 2021

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

stained, but not like that emo-pop band

The crows welcome me. Or- more likely- yell at me to leave the food and gently caress off, but the former sounds nicer

a real widowmaker of some deadfall- right over my pathway in, and seemingly only held by a twig. lots around right now, probably a good reminder to get a helmet sorted out for lumberjacking duties

the noisy and impatient birds were extra noisy and impatient and I love them dearly

Right let's do a small thing so I stop fretting about the stupidly expensive wood getting wet, by means of getting it wet

health and safety first- always open up windows when painting to ensure good ventilation

I lacked the tools to take off the windows easily to avoid getting them covered in stain so it's not properly done but good enough for now

Spicy/keychain is running into unanticipated problems in that the chilli effect is a lot less effective after it soaks up a bunch of water, and this also provokes mould so I'm gonna have a think on things cause they ate some goddamn firelighters this time

Well that's the last one of the year, there will be more, soon!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Is the chili for rodents? Try cedar. You can usually buy cedarcide at a co-op, it's just cedar oil that you can spray around. It keeps rodents and bugs away, so if there's space you're alright with rodents and bugs, don't spray there. It is obviously a bit oily, but it really works well.

Never use it on a space near reptiles, cedar is horrible for them too.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Scathach posted:

Is the chili for rodents? Try cedar. You can usually buy cedarcide at a co-op, it's just cedar oil that you can spray around. It keeps rodents and bugs away, so if there's space you're alright with rodents and bugs, don't spray there. It is obviously a bit oily, but it really works well.

Never use it on a space near reptiles, cedar is horrible for them too.

thanks for the tips, I think my general plan is gonna be a three pronged offensive

- empty out the caravan more to reduce hiding places

- douse problem areas in cedar oil so they stop treating the caravan itself as a combination home and food source

- find the entry points and use a combo of steel wool, scrap wood and expanding foam to block them

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

right, can't find cedar oil at less than about £40 per litre delivered so I'm gonna roll with a jeyes fluid solution (~£2/L) in a spray bottle and see if that works first

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

the great jeyes offensive part one

One type of black goop to fix my bag, another type of black goop to make my new boots happy, don't mix them up or it gets expensive and messy

Cold enough to gently caress with the butane gas a bit today, but not enough to stop my coffee break or even slow my roll

About a 1:4 to a 1:3 ratio gives that hospital ward stank, which I sprayed over much of the insides of the caravan, greatly improving the general smell in there if nothing else

Then I went around the outside of the caravan and disrupted their main ingress points, and sprayed the underside of the caravan with the good stank while noting places they could potentially get in- vital intelligence data gathered for phase two

As the ground still isn't properly frozen up, I finally got round to putting up the bird table I made at some point in the last two years or so

Close to the other feeders, mainly cause of laziness and not wanting to make the feeding take longer

Several paths are currently blocked up a bit by deadfall and will need the 'sippy saw treatment but I'm hoping for the ground to freeze fully first so I'm not mudskating around with a tool of potential grisly injury

Who knows what's up next... I do. More! Soon!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Jeyes fluid is the only thing that I found to be 100% effective at getting moles to vacate a lawn, good luck

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

simplefish posted:

Jeyes fluid is the only thing that I found to be 100% effective at getting moles to vacate a lawn, good luck

Thanks- its working so far :)

chop chop inaugural 2022 session I

Cold enough I had to stick the butane canister down my trousers for awhile to make it flow, union rules

Birds are enjoying the new birdfeeder but I don't have pictures of them on it yet because I forgot but hey look two robins at once

Oh gently caress yeah it's time to give these new saxton blades a whirl (fairly good so far) and see how many times the helmet saves me from injury (twice)

Not my neatest work but it worked- I should have stopped cutting a cm or so before this and pushed the tree over, on larger trees it can be dangerous to cut through the hinge portion

Had to knock together some improvised wood storage, and wish I had brought another battery with me

Because there was a fair bit of firewood I just had to pile atop the kindling stacks for next time I do this

Before and after shots, pathway clear and awaiting inspection

Inspection passed

Refilled the jeyes sprayer, as mentioned previously it seems to be working very well- no new signs of intruders- didn't have much time for further clearing so just gave a quick mist to a few places before I hiked out

The bright sunshine that warmed my back while I cut made the walk out beautiful too, but the half melted frost slush was a real challenge to hike up. More. Soon.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

chop chop II - will be feeling saw tonight

Even a glimpse of a rainbow

Feels like getting home

Chopped down branches of oak from pathways and around the caravan, took off some nice future firewood

Then piled up the leftovers where I want hedgerow- I will be planting this up in a month or two with blackthorn and dogrose and hawse and such

Then I piled up the firewood after extending the temp storage a bit and stuck some old doors over it again

Time to tidy up the line of trees I want to remove by the pond- the big ones remaining will get the bowsaw and wedges and careful attention to not getting myself squished, which is a lot easier with the smaller bits removed first

Mentioned in the last episode loving up a cut a bit- this one I'm much happier with and shows the hinge working as intended

Packed up and hiked out when I ran out of batteries, physical and then metaphorical. More. Soon.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

chop chop III - on ice

Freezing.

Got ready and went at the treeline by the pond

Dropped two, one of them was pretty big- maybe the biggest I have dropped working solo- the wedges help a lot

Was too heavy for me to shift so I had to take it apart a bit first. Shouldn't have used the electric saw for it- anything over half the width of the blade seems to sap the battery much faster and I drained a whole battery before going to the bowsaw to finish- but even that struggled because of how goddamn thicc it was and the frame clipping the log

Lunch was some expired rice and a beefy stock cube with a side of salt and oil and holy poo poo that was much better than the sum of its parts

Kept dragging and chopping and throwing the bushy bits into new/existing hedgerow and chopping a little firewood and stacking the rest where it laid cause I was done for the day

Had hoped to get more trees down but didn't anticipate how much wood there would be to process on the big boy

There will be More. Soon.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

:cheersbird:

Gonna have to lay in some supplies and infrastructure for this stuff over the next week and a half because unboxing/checking/prepping/temporarily planting all these plants in one day is gonna be quite a job but goddamn we gonna have a lot more trees

but then again I also want to fell more trees, to drive my wedges and hear the lamentations of the wood fibres

the duality of dan

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010
Why did you chop down the trees near the pond? (Honest question, not trying to throw shade... but that shade is now missing from the pond in the summer?)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Loki Kunti posted:

Why did you chop down the trees near the pond? (Honest question, not trying to throw shade... but that shade is now missing from the pond in the summer?)

Thats fine- I like talking shop :)

There is a reduction in shade- this will increase the sunlight for vegetative life and warm the water/surrounding mud a little for amphibians- the woodland around the place will still provide plenty of shade to various parts of the pond at various points of the day even at summertime sun angles

Other reasons are the leaves clogging up the pond and the water soaked up by the root systems- both contributing to low water levels overall

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

DesperateDan posted:

There is a reduction in shade- this will increase the sunlight for vegetative life and warm the water/surrounding mud a little for amphibians- the woodland around the place will still provide plenty of shade to various parts of the pond at various points of the day even at summertime sun angles

Other reasons are the leaves clogging up the pond and the water soaked up by the root systems- both contributing to low water levels overall

Makes sense.

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

DesperateDan posted:

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :hfive:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

spookygonk posted:

Makes sense.

Loki Kunti posted:

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :hfive:

:hfive:

any questions just throw em at me cause I like answering them and also it makes me rethink stuff and make sure I'm doing the best for the place

on that note

on the road again

bought some things from a place

nervously crawled the car down the track for the first time in nearly a year, mostly just idling in first gear, dumped a bunch of poo poo off and took the car back out even more carefully lest I overstay my welcome, and hiked back in to sort things out properly

Three barrows of supplies brought in, 250+ litres of soil and various bird food and a free bit of wood (it was free)

my mealworms bring all the birds to the yard, and they are like, its chirp chirp peep

Had hoped to have more time/energy for today's visit/done another visit this week but poo poo happens- plants are due to be dispatched at the start of next week and I'm most of the way ready for them with what I now have in place- more, soon!

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 28, 2022

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Hedgerows against Capitalism- Rained on but not rained out

Lot of stuff going on right now and hence strictly rationed energy levels but made some time to do a little woodwork. These are the last cross braces/back to the stupidly over-engineered chair project, then I just have to cut some sections from the sides and it will be ready for a rough assembly. The smell of the cut wood is really rich on these bits, especially when I cut through knots- it's like incense

Plants came :haw: Two boxes, one with the fresh plants and one with the dormant, awake ones have been opened up and await temporary potting at home and I took the box of sleepy friends to the farm a few days later due to aforementioned stuff- A real big thanks once again for the donations- now it's motherfuckin' tree time

The rain was absolutely pissing down but I had already delayed as long as I could without starting to risk harm to the plants so I just had to deal with it- soaked my shirt and then my field jacket in seconds just while getting my boots on, had to bring out the poncho for it's first real trials, and, dear reader, having a mobile tent is real nice

The only birds around were the robins, which then did hit and run assaults on the fresh filled feeders with nary a tit to be seen

unboxed, unwrapped and soaked the goods -count was good too bar one they rang and told me about

and all this while getting a brew on and reviewing the powers of the poncho-

Prepped my buckets and mixed up the mycorrislalsjgfgslalalal fungus root-boosting wallpaper paste goop admixture

then I dipped plants, made sure they all got nice separation and coating of goop, and buried them in soil and straw

2 year expired potato and beans, tasted fine, mild heartburn experienced but well worth the warmth/morale boost

soon as the work was finished, to the loving minute, the rain properly stopped- such a change from earlier

It was the buzzards who saw me out today- I saw one dive on prey but seems it was a miss- better luck next time buddy. There will be more, soon

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 4, 2022

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

chop chop: drop drop

6 more joints to cut out, then it's all gravy- really can't wait to move on and do something else with this project

Checked in on the new arrivals and the cottoneaster is already going at it hard

Well I came to chew bubblegum, feed the birds and chop down some trees... and I'm all outta gum

Dropped a few trees into the pond, one half into the pond and one entirely the other way

Then I ate like a goddamn king- only one year out of date this time, and what a fine meal it made

These branches have been rubbing each other and making a big ol' creaky sound for many a year and I'm gonna miss it

Took a long time and the last of my energies to process the trees I dropped into halfway manageable forms- lots of twiggy branches turned into new deadhedges that I didn't take photos of, but we will get to see them when we make new hedgerow out of it by means of planting lots of plants in and around it

So now the pond just has two more trees and a bunch of stumps to deal with. What comes next is largely weather dependent- if the weather stays unseasonably warm then tree cutting season will end very soon and planting could begin, but a sudden cold snap/snow could really gently caress me over if I did- more, soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Good stuff.

Have you/are you going to put some kind of drip edge on the roof over your seat? Before it looked like it was some turned back roofing material that would just guide the water back in underneath.