Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I always got a sadistic impression from Gozer, like it wants to kill and torment humanity like their ants under a magnifying glass.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Karloff posted:

I was got a sadistic impression from Gozer, like it wants to kill and torment humanity like their ants under a magnifying glass.

In this movie I agree. In the first movie Gozer was "Choose the form of the Destructor (AKA c'mon, let's get this poo poo over with)" and "Are you a God (AKA anyone I should pay any attention to at all?)" There didn't seem to be anything personal in it. Just, "I have a job to do." Of course, if anything, that attitude enhances the sense of cosmic horror.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Everyone posted:

Honestly the least believable plot point to me was the idea that at some point Egon had sex with a female human and got her pregnant.

Are we sure he did? My head cannon is that he was experimenting with artificial insemination.

roffels fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 15, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

roffels posted:

Are we sure he did? My head cannon is that he was experimenting with artificial insemination.

Peter: "I bet those science chicks really dig that large cranium of yours."

Egon: "I think they're more interested in my epididymis." :smug:

Peter:...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Everyone posted:

Honestly the least believable plot point to me was the idea that at some point Egon had sex with a female human and got her pregnant.
Speaking as someone with a boss who can be more neurotic and awkward than 10 Egons and yet somehow has two kids, I can absolutely believe Egon tried to start a family

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Target has a 3 pack of mini stay pufts. They look to be 1:1 scale which is fun.

https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-plasma-series-mini-pufts-3pk/-/A-83721705#lnk=sametab

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

roffels posted:

might want to spoiler your reply there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Everyone knows who the girl is why is that a spoiler.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I didn't find Gozer sadistic at all. They just wanted to do their Sumerian God poo poo. They even played by their own rules and made a big-rear end marshmallow man, which didn't go well. Thank God Ray didn't think of Alien or something.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I didn't find Gozer sadistic at all. They just wanted to do their Sumerian God poo poo. They even played by their own rules and made a big-rear end marshmallow man, which didn't go well. Thank God Ray didn't think of Alien or something.

Well there is that one quote from Louis about how "many knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day", which does imply some sort of torture but I suppose it could just be what Sloars do and Gozer wasn't the one who chose that form for the Destructor so it's not really their fault.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also that's not Gozer, that's one of Gozer's minions delighting in it. Vince seems like kind of a dick tbh

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea but regardless, those people still got roasted in the depths of the Sloar, which I'm picturing as like a ninth circle of hell scenario, sounds somewhat sadistic to me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
One showed up in the video game!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

Everyone knows who the girl is why is that a spoiler.

Look man, not everybody is up to speed on the marketing for GhostBusters: Afterlife, which, it's revealed late in the third act, is actually a sequel to Ghostbusters

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Oh cool, we have reached the point in every thread where people are bored with the topic and just start being dicks.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

ALFbrot posted:

Look man, not everybody is up to speed on the marketing for GhostBusters: Afterlife, which, it's revealed late in the third act, is actually a sequel to Ghostbusters
Remember "spoiler abuse"?

lol

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Extra row of tits posted:

Oh cool, we have reached the point in every thread where people are bored with the topic and just start being dicks.

I have spoilered my post, but your quote of my post is unspoilered, FYI.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
truley this place is soemthing awful

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Has anyone seen a good 3d printable afterlife PKE meter ?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Officially released 6-hour GB-themed yule log video for Christmas.

Contains Rob Simonsen's (and obviously Elmer Bernstein's) score from Afterlife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxfHqwHh1E

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Basebf555 posted:

Yea but regardless, those people still got roasted in the depths of the Sloar, which I'm picturing as like a ninth circle of hell scenario, sounds somewhat sadistic to me.

Sure, but the roastees were the ones who apparently picked that. And Gozer is the Destructor not the Torturer. Figure a Sloar is... actually there's a wiki page for it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Has anyone seen a good 3d printable afterlife PKE meter ?

Weirdly this is the only one I can find. https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/psychokinetic-energy-meter-and-taser-from-the-movie-ghostbusters-afterlife-2021

I'm working on the whole pack and wand which both include the Afterlife mods so maybe by the time I'm done with it they'll have some better versions.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

:siren: Attention! :siren:

Super holy poo poo ultimate edition headed to blu-ray (with other versions available digitally.

The thing that really gets me interested in this is the 19 NEW deleted scenes from 2.

Finally, we'll (likely) get to see more of the possessed Ray subplot, as well as Eugene Levy's cameo as Sherman Tully, who busted the guys out of Parkview.

There's also the safe-for-tv alternate takes for both films. Cool!

I don't have anything that plays blu-ray discs, so I'll be looking for all of this to hit YouTube in some form.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You… you don’t have a blu-ray player?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope they do a GB 1 and 2 pack without afterlife

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo those extras!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
lol at all the babbies in the FB comments whining about cancelling their order because it comes with a digital code for ATC. Dude, it’s a slip of paper, throw it away if women scare you that much.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I noticed they had a link that Entertainmrnt Earth is getting a restock on the Hasbro proton wand in like April, while Hasbro Pulse (the official storefront of Hasbro, the actual manufacturer) isn’t getting a restock until December.

Get your poo poo together, Hasbro. I *want* to order direct from you, but when other retailers get your products before you do, it makes it real drat difficult.

Edit-- Honey found a $15-off coupon for Entertainment Earth, making it *cheaper* than Hasbro, loving hilarious.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 27, 2021

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

You… you don’t have a blu-ray player?
I basically skipped that generation too, because by the time they were cheap enough, I was already watching Netflix on my TV and saw where things were going.

If I had a home theater system, maybe I'd bother, but I don't miss packing up all my physical media every time I have to move even one tiny bit and I was a damned third-generation film projectionist.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m turbo-biased because I worked for Blockbuster Video for the better part of a decade and amassed a huge collection of physical media, but I can’t imagine me not having a blu-ray player. Like I “get” it because streaming and digital media is so ubiquitous nowadays, but popping a disc in the player feels “right” to me when I want to watch a movie.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It does look awesome, but it would mean triple dipping the format for me on GB1 & 2.

So obviously I'm buying it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The upside to modern gaming is that if you own a recent xbox/playstation you've got a bluray player already.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

PlayStations have always been my home CD/DVD/Blu Ray players.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Streaming is good but you cant beat Blu Ray for quality

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Alan_Shore posted:

Also, they won't suddenly decide to re-color grade or re-edit my copy, or just say "you don't own this anymore" and vanish it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Alan_Shore posted:

Maybe I'm just a snob and/or ignorant because I don't stream a lot of stuff if I can avoid it, but is it possible for streaming to match physical media presentation quality? Like is there an internet connection speed where it's indistinguishable, or will physical media always be superior?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also, they won't suddenly decide to re-color grade or re-edit my copy, or just say "you don't own this anymore" and vanish it.
Speaking out of ignorance, has any of that actually happened? I'm genuinely asking because it's crazy if it did.
If so, have any of the corrections been for the better? Like, a poo poo physical release got fixed by a corrected digital release?

gregday
May 23, 2003

So apparently Sony announced a box set including GB1, GB2, and GB:A and Paul Feig is salty about his movie not being included.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

So apparently Sony announced a box set including GB1, GB2, and GB:A and Paul Feig is salty about his movie not being included.
Please link this, I can only assume it's funny.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I understand where he's coming from to be fair. It's called the Ghostbusters Ultimate Set. It would be cool and better if all the films are included.

Though I'm fascinated by the included preview cut of the 1984 film with early effects and different takes. That sounds incredible.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Please link this, I can only assume it's funny.

https://movieweb.com/paul-feig-blasts-sony-for-leaving-his-reboot-out-of-ghostbusters/