Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DariusLikewise posted:

It's crazy how much the Rams are feeding the ball to Kupp right and how close he is projected to break the receptions and yardage record with an extra game. At his current pace he's going to fall short on receptions by 2, 147 versus Micheal Thomas' 149 in 2019 and 17 yards short, 1947 versus Calvin Johnson's 1964 in 2012.

I think Mr Calvin Johnson is the most real, handsome, and powerful WR ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think Mr Calvin Johnson is the most real, handsome, and powerful WR ever

To come here, to the nfcw thread, and say such things. On the most troll free forums on the web!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Niners taking their best receiver and starting to use him as a running back mid-season might be the most NFCW thing ever

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Really that whole game ended up hinging on Hopkins dropping his first pass of the season which would've been first and goal from the three or something.

To be fair it was not a great pass, looked like it behind him by a good margin, but he still pulls that in 95% of the time or more. He catches that and the end of the game could look a lot different.

Rams also played one of their best games of the entire season. No picks from Stafford, some seriously awesome throws, really he was perfect all night which has not been the case for a while. The amount of time he got to throw was also significant, especially on rollouts. The Cardinals pass rush were not handling those very well and in general had a pretty bad game I would say.

Meanwhile the Rams pass rush was looking elite, I think that's partially that the Cardinals O line is a much better run blocking unit than pass blocking unit, but every play they were getting after Murray and did a nice job containing him overall. Donald being doubled or tripled every play also helped the other guys so much. Getting to really go after him after the Rams got the lead helped too, Cardinals going away from the inside run game allowed the Rams to play the type of defense they wanted to playt.

Leonard Floyd just lurking/slow playing his man on one play really illustrated the containment strategy, he could've lunged in and maybe gotten a hold of Kyler but instead he waited knowing Kyler would either have to throw over him or pick a gap. When he picked a gap Floyd got him. Floyd also played some really nice hook zone defense, sliding with the crosser and getting that self-tip pick was massive.

Basically a lot went right for the Rams and a lot went wrong for the Cardinals. I would not be that upset about this loss as I don't think it really shows what they are as a team. That being said, I can see a scenario where the Cardinals struggle a bit with playoff football which is really a different beast. Not as many easy yards on the ground and a strong focus on getting in Murray's face and keeping themselves between him and the target to tip passes.

I can see the same thing about the Rams actually, now that I think about it. I think in some ways they lack physicality which tends to get more important as the season goes along.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 14, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like to imagine how good the niners would be if they had Nuc and AJ Green on the team.

Gosh.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

To come here, to the nfcw thread, and say such things. On the most troll free forums on the web!

It's at least a little funny how Calvin Johnson and Cooper Kupp are about as different from each other in every way that you can imagine. Completely opposite builds, completely opposite styles, only commonality is that they both own bones

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

For as good as the cards are, they still seem to have mediocre playcalling and coaching.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1470857858862370817?s=20

I for one am glad this is happening during a stretch where the Rams desperately need to continue winning.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Leperflesh posted:

I like to imagine how good the niners would be if they had Nuc and AJ Green on the team.

Gosh.

I suppose with 13 players on offense at once, Jimmy might miss the LB in the middle of the field every once in a while

Play
Apr 25, 2006

more covid for the covid god

also another thing I forgot to mention. I'm slowly coming around on the OBJ experiment. He definitely contributed some nice plays last night. I still think he plays like a bit of a coward a lot of the time but I'm hoping this isn't a mirage and he can keep being an important offensive piece

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Play posted:

also another thing I forgot to mention. I'm slowly coming around on the OBJ experiment. He definitely contributed some nice plays last night. I still think he plays like a bit of a coward a lot of the time but I'm hoping this isn't a mirage and he can keep being an important offensive piece

He had some nice routes last night and he seems to finally starting to learn the offense. But, still Stafford loves to pump that ball to Cooper Kupp.

RE: Jimmy G... I read today that the Niners might stick with him for next year as well, and have Lance in the backup role again. I can't see that happening if you spent that much in draft picks to move up to #3 to get Lance that you'd leave him on the bench, but it is Kyle we're talking about here.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

trilljester posted:

He had some nice routes last night and he seems to finally starting to learn the offense. But, still Stafford loves to pump that ball to Cooper Kupp.

RE: Jimmy G... I read today that the Niners might stick with him for next year as well, and have Lance in the backup role again. I can't see that happening if you spent that much in draft picks to move up to #3 to get Lance that you'd leave him on the bench, but it is Kyle we're talking about here.

The only way that would happen is if all they were getting for trade offers are 5-7th rounders. Even then, unless Lance shits the bed in training camp, Jimmy is the backup

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1470857858862370817?s=20

I for one am glad this is happening during a stretch where the Rams desperately need to continue winning.

Rams probably infected the Cardinals too.

Maybe the niners will step up and take a shot at the Packers in the playoffs. They do have a good history of establishing the run all over them in January.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Been busy but rough game. Kyler really needs to learn to throw it away. The cardinals are still going to win the super bowl

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

The only way that would happen is if all they were getting for trade offers are 5-7th rounders. Even then, unless Lance shits the bed in training camp, Jimmy is the backup

Yeah, totally agree with you on this one. I really do hope Trey is learning enough to improve on what he's shown us so far.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

Rams probably infected the Cardinals too.

Maybe the niners will step up and take a shot at the Packers in the playoffs. They do have a good history of establishing the run all over them in January.

We played them really close at the beginning of the season. I don’t have a good idea of who’s more beat up at this point of the season.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

Gosh.

Can they play corner?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Play posted:

TIL not all players on the covid list have covid. Close contact cases and false positives (i.e., Tyler Higbee) are on the list as well.

It's been a brutal two weeks in the NFL in regards to covid.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

DariusLikewise posted:

It's crazy how much the Rams are feeding the ball to Kupp right and how close he is projected to break the receptions and yardage record with an extra game. At his current pace he's going to fall short on receptions by 2, 147 versus Micheal Thomas' 149 in 2019 and 17 yards short, 1947 versus Calvin Johnson's 1964 in 2012.

Seeing God Tier Kupp has made the Stafford trade all worth it imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stolen from the NFC North thread because it also belongs here:

https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/status/1470742981992800267

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Stolen from the NFC North thread because it also belongs here:

https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/status/1470742981992800267

A metaphor for being a Vikings fan

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Its Rinaldo posted:

A metaphor for being a Vikings fan

No he survived

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

DeimosRising posted:

No he survived

There are fates worse then death.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Can they play corner?

I bet either would legit be an upgrade at corner, actually

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1471213940990529548?s=20

That seems like big NFC West news. The Cardinals getting doo-dooed on after a great start seems on brand so I'm OK with it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OGS-Remix posted:

There are fates worse then death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Gr3FsJ4A0

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
As of now, the Rams are the only NFCW team with players on the covid list (second most in the NFL, only behind WFT):

LB Justin Hollins (Dec. 15)
TE Johnny Mundt (Dec. 15) [IR]
TE Jared Pinkney (Dec. 15)
WR Odell Beckham Jr. (Dec. 14)
DB Terrell Burgess (Dec. 14)
TE Brycen Hopkins (Dec. 14)
DB Jordan Fuller (Dec. 14)
DB Juju Hughes (Dec. 14)
T Alaric Jackson (Dec. 14)
CB Jalen Ramsey (Dec. 13)
T Rob Havenstein (Dec. 13)
DB Dont'e Deayon (Dec. 13)
RB Darrell Henderson (Dec. 11)
DL Sebastian Joseph-Day [IR]

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

As of now, the Rams are the only NFCW team with players on the covid list (second most in the NFL, only behind WFT):

LB Justin Hollins (Dec. 15)
TE Johnny Mundt (Dec. 15) [IR]
TE Jared Pinkney (Dec. 15)
WR Odell Beckham Jr. (Dec. 14)
DB Terrell Burgess (Dec. 14)
TE Brycen Hopkins (Dec. 14)
DB Jordan Fuller (Dec. 14)
DB Juju Hughes (Dec. 14)
T Alaric Jackson (Dec. 14)
CB Jalen Ramsey (Dec. 13)
T Rob Havenstein (Dec. 13)
DB Dont'e Deayon (Dec. 13)
RB Darrell Henderson (Dec. 11)
DL Sebastian Joseph-Day [IR]

McVay said everyone is on the list is vaccinated so hopefully they all start coming off the list today and tomorrow.

Lost in the COVID shuffle is the fun fact that Monday's win guaranteed the Rams a fifth consecutive winning season under Sean McVay and McVay himself just moved into the top 100 for all time wins as a head coach.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Schwack posted:

That seems like big NFC West news. The Cardinals getting doo-dooed on after a great start seems on brand so I'm OK with it.

Ahaha kawlimus my rear end I was 100% right when I said this is the end

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pretty sure this huge mass of cases in the NFL recently is Omicron, it fits just about perfectly as a more transmissible but less deadly (and with less symptoms) version.

Also with winter arriving more players indoors with other people and each other has allowed it to spread faster.

Schwack posted:

I'm wondering if he will be back at all. The way that is worded makes it seem kind of doubtful to me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

carry on then posted:

Ahaha kawlimus my rear end I was 100% right when I said this is the end

Actually you’re still being a giant baby.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nuk has been hobbled most of the year. Let him rest the season. If he can return for the playoffs great. He's legitimately amazing but that's a position group the Cardinals have depth at, and I don't think it is mathematically possible to miss the playoffs at this point.

The Cardinals need Watt back, or they need to adapt to the run *somehow*. Teams have been running over them since his injury.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1471638378483490822?t=WlnnyUftTucRu_fEtRg0RQ&s=19

Hm. Starting to think this isn't happening.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They better not have infected the Cardinals!!!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Seriously, given that about a third of the Rams roster can't play right now, it will be interesting to see how the the NFL handles this.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It's more like half the roster right now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If they're all vaccinated and it's just a close contact protocol thing, then a lot of them could still play this weekend.

If there's breakthrough infections in most of those cases, then it's gonna be like that broncos game last year lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

McVay said all the players on the COVID list now are vaccinated and there's only one player on the team that's unvaccinated(And I'm 99.9% sure it's Tutu Atwell and he's on IR) but it sounds like the league is leaving up until the last minute to see if guys clear tests and can play Sunday. Right now between roster and practice squad guys they only have 4 active DBs and 5 OL so if they were forced to play they may actually just chose to hold Stafford out of the game completely.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sounds like Rams-Seahawks is moving to Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Sounds like Rams-Seahawks is moving to Tuesday

Yep

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1471936024485920776?t=UMty_rOlEwIWnR_f_9KjmA&s=19