Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Macaluso posted:

Does anyone here have the Thavnair barding that can take a picture of it in a well lit area/during the day? The only picture I can seem to find of it that isn't taken at night is the one from the patch notes, and I want to see if it's as pink as that screenshot. I'm debating on the pet or the barding, but if it's as pink as the patch notes trailer I'm 100% going the barding

Thundarr posted:

The most deadly boss in EW is the croc-man hunt in z5. Been a long time since I've seen an entire hunt train get obliterated by an A rank.
I did my first EW hunt train as MCH so I got to watch that from afar. It was funny as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It even sticks around after finishing the msq

Its just an awful music choice in a game full of great music choices. Very unlike them

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, Kholusia. In my quest to get all the TT cards, that one was one of the most boring. Guess there is no better time to be fate grinding.

I think I just wish they would have spread it out more. Instead of the two highest level zones, put one in one of the lower level zones, that way I can just jump on one of my level 80 classes.
That's fair, if it was like z6 and z2 or something it'd be better. But it's only 134 fates :eng101:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Did the Level 85 - 86 section of the plot today, finishing up events on the Moon and Radz-at-han.

That second section is a whole heaping helping of :smith:. Especially the part with the baby almost turning into a monster.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

I think I know which music from the launch trailer you're talking about. It's part of the Zodiark trial music. You can hear it at this timestamp: [url]https:// youtu.be /WPNfj4m2OPc?t=114[/url]

Thank you Harrow! This was exactly it!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 15, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cool we’re just throwing out unobscured spoiler YouTube’s now?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Cool we’re just throwing out unobscured spoiler YouTube’s now?

Is the thumbnail showing up for you? I intentionally did it as just a URL under spoiler tags to avoid that and it doesn't embed for me when I do that. If it embedded for you I'm really sorry about that, I apparently don't know how to avoid that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It’s showing up on the iPhone awful app. :(

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

Is the thumbnail showing up for you? I intentionally did it as just a URL under spoiler tags to avoid that and it doesn't embed for me when I do that. If it embedded for you I'm really sorry about that, I apparently don't know how to avoid that.

It's not for me but I'm on the android app. I'll edit and break the link in my quote.

I'm so sorry that happened!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its not showing up on the android app

Sounds like an unfortunate case of technology screwing up

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It’s showing up on the iPhone awful app. :(

Oh gently caress it is, you're right. I'll edit it out of my post. I only looked at it on desktop :negative:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Thankfully I have already finished the MSQ and it’s hard to tell what is going on in that thumbnail as long as you do not look closely at it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

might be worth a report in qcs/tech support? that the iphone awful app doesnt hide youtube thumbnails in spoilers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Probably worth submitting a bug report to the app devs that spoilered YouTube links break containment on ios

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

please don't spoil that you fight the primary antagonist of the game since arr thanks

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Wait, we fighting Gaius again? Hell yeah

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Also worth noting since it can be hard to tell from a screenshot, but the lamps glow a bit. It's a very pink barding!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Thundarr posted:

Also worth noting since it can be hard to tell from a screenshot, but the lamps glow a bit. It's a very pink barding!

:toot:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
The Christian Soft Rock playing on repeat in the final zone is unfortunate. So is the Lost Prophets song in Stigma.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

central dogma posted:

The Christian Soft Rock playing on repeat in the final zone is unfortunate. So is the Lost Prophets song in Stigma.

Dude…

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

central dogma posted:

Jesus Christ.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Thundarr posted:

The most deadly boss in EW is the croc-man hunt in z5. Been a long time since I've seen an entire hunt train get obliterated by an A rank.

Sounds like the Gorilla in Raktika

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

central dogma posted:

Bad news re the soundtrack of this game

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Jinh posted:

I felt like this was a bug, because it was just so out of place lol

I kept going into a cutscene and being like "surely it'll be gone NOW RIGHT?" then nope, pretty sure it's still going on there even now that I'm in the actual endgame.

also, drat, only 1200 queue at 5pm, poo poo's looking up!

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 15, 2021

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Got RDM and SAM to 60 and got their Shire Gear. Went and dyed the coat of the Casting one in Wine Red to fit RDM more. Probably will keep it that way when I level BLM to 60.

I also got MRD to 30 and unlocked WAR and currently four levels away from ROG becoming NIN. All these monikers probably sound weird for people new to FFXIV or haven't played it, I just realized that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

central dogma posted:

this is hosed up

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My queue was only 1300 instead of 3200. The planet is healing.

Infidel Castro posted:

Sounds like the Gorilla in Raktika

No comparison, especially since I can't even remember what the gorilla does so it can't have been so bad.

(are hunt target mechanics spoilers? whatever, feel free not to click if you like being surprised) The one in z5 does a spin move, but every time it turns 90 degrees it does a gently caress Everybody to the Right Punch or a gently caress Everybody to the Left Punch, alternating with each turn. Not too awful to avoid if you know what is about to happen. Very few people there did.

The two A ranks in Labrynthos are decent runners up for Meanest EW A Rank but this dude just had a hilarious amount of blood on his hands in seconds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

central dogma posted:

Central dogshit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thundarr posted:

My queue was only 1300 instead of 3200. The planet is healing.

I got logged out because I failed my real-life timed duty to get to and back from the store in under 30 minutes, now sitting in a queue whose number has updated once in the past 20 minutes from 2300 to 1900

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Yeah, it's unfortunate since the rest of the soundtrack is stellar.

Edit for explanation:

Christian rock comparison, not much to say except that it gives me those vibes unfortunately.

As for the Lost Prophets comparison:

I'll just hyperlink the dungeon video to avoid spoilers. Start at 1:10.
https://youtu.be/j_rxUIsvTo8?t=70

Lost Prophets video at 34 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFLFuOdJDko&t=34s

It might even be in the same key. The dungeon track has a faster tempo, though (and is actually good).

central dogma fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 16, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wouldn't have associated it with Christian rock until people said it, but it's not far off.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Role quest chat, melee DPS : Well that was terrible, I'm super disappointed with this one, I hope the others are better.
It doesn't help that I had no clue who were the company of heroes, and now I know why I occulted those guys from my memory so hard not even Sanguinia's thoroughly crafted newbie journals couldn't resurrect them, they were part of the most awful part of ARR leading to Titan, which was even worse in 2015.
To be fair, they were kind of interesting, but the rogue guild is just a stone throw away, I would have much rather enjoyed their involvement than these random weirdos. Ok I understand that they're also a nod to 1.0 since apparently they were helping the WoL fighting primals at the time, but still...

Onward to unlock the others !

e: I hope no one saw the spoilers, used the discord syntax...

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It does have a certain Stephen Curtis Chapman vibe to it, like his Free era

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I wouldn't have associated it with Christian rock until people said it, but it's not far off.

I associated it immediately but thats because my psyche was unwillingly mangled by endless, unceasing hours of that garbage

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe I should get into Christian rock...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Now that you said it it does remind me of Christian rock except not awful.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is this Christian Rock

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It just sounds like a Phil Collins song to me (and depending on your thoughts on Phil Collins, with the addendum "but good")

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So is the Bozjan Front a place where I need to be grouping up? Because I've never understood it. I queue for the front, then it's just a big flat plain of scattered enemies and a few players milling around in the base not doing anything. What's the goal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this Christian Rock

it definitely rocks