Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Has there ever been an artist who shat on their audience for not viewing their work in the same lens as them?

anne rice was famously litigious about her gay vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

Has there ever been an artist who shat on their audience for not viewing their work in the same lens as them?

Happens all the time when the artist is really egotistical.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Willo567 posted:

Yoshiyuki Tomino

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Willo567 posted:

I would.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

my interpretation of NGE is entirely through the lens of one of my exes randomly deciding that they wanted to be 'the kaworu to my shinji' even though I at the time knew literally nothing about NGE. and wouldn't you know it that relationship crashed and burned pretty spectacularly

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Willo567 posted:

All the ones who draw scat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Does Tolkein hating allegory count?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/yung69IoI/status/1471031986781184000?s=20

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Willo567 posted:

ray bradbury

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mix. posted:

my interpretation of NGE is entirely through the lens of one of my exes randomly deciding that they wanted to be 'the kaworu to my shinji' even though I at the time knew literally nothing about NGE. and wouldn't you know it that relationship crashed and burned pretty spectacularly

you hung out for a few days until you killed them?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Heran Bago posted:

I recently saw Neon Genesis for the first time. The series with minor additions and End of movie as on Netflix.

Now I'm ready to read some articles or watch YouTube videos disecting and explaining the last 2 episodes + movie. Or anything really that I should see. Please recommend.

I also think reading criticism and analysis of fictional works I liked is good and rewarding, and am not sure why people made fun of this opinion

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that I've finished Endwalker I can get back to watching anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrX2BEJVZm8

Omori coming to the Nintendo Switch Spring 2022.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

nrook posted:

I also think reading criticism and analysis of fictional works I liked is good and rewarding, and am not sure why people made fun of this opinion

:hai:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nrook posted:

they used the word explain so obviously it means they are of the stupid masses who create the market for Vox, X ENDING EXPLAINED, etc content to exist

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i like watching stuff without understanding it personally

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dont ask me what happened in the last two episodes of eva or in the movie. I don't know

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mycophobia posted:

dont ask me what happened in the last two episodes of eva or in the movie. I don't know
i suggest watching them again, they're pretty straightforward

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im gettin there

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats the most hosed up thing you've ever said to me

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

rank them

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mix. posted:

whenever I hear about kaworu i just think of the sewer furries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAUO1IyK6vA

which isnt a bad thing mind, that song kicks rear end. you can really feel the same torment they carry in their very souls through the mournful energy of that guitar...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

mycophobia posted:

the most important part of Eva is watching rebuild 4.33333333 so you can get insight in to how Eva fits in to the Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion universe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gura is writing slash fic of herselfxnene in this minecraft stream rn

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

rank them

1. 'snail is my friend'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

they used the word explain so obviously it means they are of the stupid masses who create the market for Vox, X ENDING EXPLAINED, etc content to exist
this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

shut the gently caress up stair

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gura is now talking about eating moldy bread

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

snail, can we get an update on the vtuber thread situation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

snail, can we get an update on the vtuber thread situation
*counting on fingers* 17 days

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my people crave freedom, please make vtubers illegal, inshallah

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please no, the new year is prime vtuber season

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Stairmaster posted:

why the gently caress do you think this is compelling information that we all need to know

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am doing Hazama combos in Blazblue

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm watching wrestling

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plutonis posted:

shut the gently caress up stair

Thank you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stairmaster posted:

gura is now talking about eating moldy bread
that's so gura

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ahhemm, hem hem:

FF14 Endserver

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I look forward to the day the vtuber quarantine thread comes back so chat thread can be free of drive-by vtuber posts, but in the meantime have a clip. https://youtu.be/YQUfgLzAscs