Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

I'm not trying to judge, just genuinely surprised. :kiddo:

Yeah same wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Amazing scenes on French Survivor.
https://twitter.com/BenjaminBnt/status/1470890959986737154

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Man, French Survivor is hosed up. They had a contestant die in a season premier once, and then the show's physician committed suicide over accusations from the media that he was to blame.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

What the gently caress is going on on French Survivor where the cast can just wander away from filming and hit up a motel without anyone being able to stop them????

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wow the french survivor wiki page is pretty much all just terrible controversies

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
There's a pretty good thread over at reddit right now about what Survivor conspiracy theories do you believe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/rgac86/what_survivor_conspiracy_theory_do_you_low_key/

Some outlandish ones like Survivor Thailand was actually filmed second after Borneo.

Some I've never heard of, like the All-Stars swap was designed to get Amber out. Apparently players reported that the buffs in the jar were stacked so that you could only grab what was on top, and they were all placed in order set by production.

Or in Cagayan after the final IC, production kept Woo and Tony away from Kass all afternoon so that she couldn't try and convince Woo to take her to the final 2 with him.

In Palau, apparently Janu did not plan to quit, the plan was to vote out Stephanie. But Jeff wanted Stephanie to advance in the game, so they pressured her to quit. She hesitated, until they stepped in and told her that they would take away her prize money and her seat on the jury if she refused to quit.

Of course there were the theories we've all heard for years, that RI was rigged for Rob to win, or WA was rigged for Ben to win. There were a few other theories that were a little convoluted, a lot surrounding the advantages that the Aitu 4 got in Cook Islands.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
None of that remotely seems worth the blowback if it really got exposed

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The one I read about is that Kass was convinced by Jeff uhh, really dunking on J'tia's challenge game for like an hour and a half, and she changed her mind because of that, and used that to push Tasha to vote for J'tia as well in whispers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shneak posted:

You come to a fork in the road: The Challenge or OnlyFans.

Big Brother got in the door first so they pretty much run the Survivor people out of the game before they self-destruct/get outplayed by the native Challengers.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’ve never been less excited for a finale

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

blue squares posted:

Anyone know of a way for me to watch this live? My cable package doesn't have CBS, and my digital antenna doesn't pick up CBS.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

blue squares posted:

Yeah unless we get an absolutely hilarious Heather meme win, this is probably my least favorite season since I started regularly watching again with Heroes/Healers/Hustlers tbh (Season 39 poo poo aside).

Like I'm still happy to have had Survivor back, but this cast just did not land for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Anyone know of a way for me to watch this live? My cable package doesn't have CBS, and my digital antenna doesn't pick up CBS.

paramount plus free trial

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

paramount plus free trial

I use Paramount Plus to watch the series the next day. They don't air it live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably not for you if you dont have a local cbs affiliate. it airs live on paramount plus for me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

probably not for you if you dont have a local cbs affiliate. it airs live on paramount plus for me.

I'm an idiot. I've literally never noticed the tab for Live TV. Thank you for dealing with me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nihonniboku posted:

In Palau, apparently Janu did not plan to quit, the plan was to vote out Stephanie. But Jeff wanted Stephanie to advance in the game, so they pressured her to quit. She hesitated, until they stepped in and told her that they would take away her prize money and her seat on the jury if she refused to quit.
As someone who probably more than halfway believes every Ben conspiracy theory, i just don't see any way they literally threatened to withhold pay from someone unless they quit. That's absurd!

blue squares posted:

I've really enjoyed the last several episodes but it does seem like the primary drama heading into this is whether Ricard stays immune. If he does, there's no more suspense. If he doesn't, then I dunno if I'm really excited about any of the other players winning, I guess Deshaun would be a b-tier winner and the rest would be c-tier. Not even rating Heather as an option

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 15, 2021

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I have so many questions about French Survivor. A returning players cast breaking out of camp is just wild.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I'm a bit excited, as who I think deserves to win most , who I want to win most, and who I think will actually win are all different.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I don't know who's going to win but I think Ricard would be a satisfying winner. He played a good individual immunity game and made some big plays to get his competition out. The fact that he booted Shan and then she promised him a vote at final tribal says a lot.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sighence posted:

I'm a bit excited, as who I think deserves to win most , who I want to win most, and who I think will actually win are all different.

Heather, Heather, Heather

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I think this came from Reddit but, lol:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Aerox posted:

I think this came from Reddit but, lol:

I’m convinced. Go heather

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

I don't know who's going to win but I think Ricard would be a satisfying winner. He played a good individual immunity game and made some big plays to get his competition out. The fact that he booted Shan and then she promised him a vote at final tribal says a lot.

Yeah

I don't hate any of them as winners, really.

Erika would probably be the least satisfying I think

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I don’t think anyone really would disappoint me as a winner but no one would really excite me either. Like if Heather wins I’ll be surprised as hell but meh. No one else was blowing me away. If Ricard wins ok, I guess he did the best but I’m not gonna remember much when next season starts.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why 3 hour finale and not three episodes or something lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

why 3 hour finale and not three episodes or something lol

It's always that way

It's really 2 hours plus after show

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
LOL luck is better than skill I guess

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol these goobers targetting deshawn so ricard can win easier

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's all... accurate ...but I can't help hearing all Jeff's narration about Heather as pretty demeaning

You always try
Your kids will be proud
Still plugging away
Etc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Everyon'es still in this, besides Heather. I feel like he's always that way though, maybe recently his doggin' has a little more positive spin despite still being negative.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
You couldn't pay me to have steak and wine at this point in the game. That's a trap.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If someone in here makes an amazing race thread please post a link itt

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"doesn't deserve to go farther"

ummm okay well you can get petty revenge now and lose in an hour or take advantage of the fact that you obviously want to sit next to people who dont deserve to be there as much as you

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Khanstant posted:

"doesn't deserve to go farther"

ummm okay well you can get petty revenge now and lose in an hour or take advantage of the fact that you obviously want to sit next to people who dont deserve to be there as much as you

Great players have lost many times because they decided to take someone who they thought deserved to go to the end. Colby and Woo are the two that come to mind too.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I missed most of that segment, what happened?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Ricard told Xander he has a baby due in a few days and now Xander wants to save him with the idol.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

People talking about letting their butthurt hurt butts dictate their vote rather than any semblance of strategy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hope ricard's baby is fake, nobody does fairplays anymore

he doesnt even look pregnant wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love/hate that Xander's idol has just been permanent immunity and he hasn't appeared even to struggle deciding not to ever use it