Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Does anyone have that video of Ross running around yelling "juice?" from the first season of ACS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726Ujz_KOHE

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Best thing to come out of Wolverine: Origins was that video game.

drat straight. I remember being blown away by it cause... poo poo man it's a movie tie in, they didn't need to go that hard, but they did.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

All of the Friends should be executed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64V_KO3ikN0

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
My favoured version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq0jgygigg4

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

oldpainless posted:

It’s like seeing an old friend (lol) you love. Comfortable, inviting and gives you a warm feeling. Like when I read anyones posts but yours.

More like oldruthless

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat straight. I remember being blown away by it cause... poo poo man it's a movie tie in, they didn't need to go that hard, but they did.

Same.

Looking back on it, it's kind of an easy game to make if you take just a little bit of care with it since Wolverine is kind of built for video game play mechanics but, like you said, they threw some stuff in there that really took it to a higher level. I played it expecting complete poo poo but was pleasantly surprised. It kind of predated the Batman Arkham mechanics.

I want another Wolverine: Origins game (also another Hulk: Ultimate Destruction), god dammit. You'd barely have to change anything in either one beyond expanding the software into next gen and adding a little more depth. gently caress, a Wolverine game that expands on the Arkham combat system with all those vicious combos and finishers? Another Hulk game with larger worlds, better graphics and more poo poo to smash? Sign me the gently caress up.

Sorry...this is a movie thread but Hulk and Woverine had movies so :colbert:

just sayin.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Manager Hoyden posted:

I like Friends but it has the worst editing I have ever seen. It's distractingly bad once you notice it

Speaking of horrible editing everything, there's a constant stream of lovely Christmas movies on the free to air channels during the day right now. Boring white people living in gigantic mansions or New York apartments the size of penthouses. The woman are all either writers or waitresses and the men are down to earth mechanics or woodworkers.

But what caught my eye is that every single conversation is just so static and dead. They're never walking around or engaged in activities, whenever two people talk for more than a few seconds, they drop everything they're doing, stand directly opposite each other and the camera does a close-up on their face while they're talking and switches back and forth.

Just so loving lazy.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Speaking of horrible editing everything, there's a constant stream of lovely Christmas movies on the free to air channels during the day right now. Boring white people living in gigantic mansions or New York apartments the size of penthouses. The woman are all either writers or waitresses and the men are down to earth mechanics or woodworkers.

But what caught my eye is that every single conversation is just so static and dead. They're never walking around or engaged in activities, whenever two people talk for more than a few seconds, they drop everything they're doing, stand directly opposite each other and the camera does a close-up on their face while they're talking and switches back and forth.

Just so loving lazy.

It took me more then one look to notice it's a different couple on each poster.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If you want some better generic christmas movies, check out pureflix. At least those ones sometimes have talking dogs in them.

e: it's possible the bottom right hallmark one has a talking dog. if that dog can talk i apologize to hallmark

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tbf “Christmas in Rome” isn’t bad

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Peacock is also crammed full of terrible Christmas movies, including a Home Alone rip off with a dog.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

oldpainless posted:

I liked "Good Friday in Jerusalem" better.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Spalec posted:

It took me more then one look to notice it's a different couple on each poster.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Phanatic posted:

I liked "Good Friday in Jerusalem" better.
I now can't help wondering if there's a Hallmark or Pureflix movie about going to the Holy Sepulchre and witnessing the annual rite of the Holy Fire.

(Though I think that's more Holy Saturday than Good Friday, but whatever.)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

oldpainless posted:

It's true.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Same.

Looking back on it, it's kind of an easy game to make if you take just a little bit of care with it since Wolverine is kind of built for video game play mechanics but, like you said, they threw some stuff in there that really took it to a higher level. I played it expecting complete poo poo but was pleasantly surprised. It kind of predated the Batman Arkham mechanics.

I want another Wolverine: Origins game (also another Hulk: Ultimate Destruction), god dammit. You'd barely have to change anything in either one beyond expanding the software into next gen and adding a little more depth. gently caress, a Wolverine game that expands on the Arkham combat system with all those vicious combos and finishers? Another Hulk game with larger worlds, better graphics and more poo poo to smash? Sign me the gently caress up.

Sorry...this is a movie thread but Hulk and Woverine had movies so :colbert:

just sayin.

The prototype games are kinda like hulk ultimate destruction. The downside is they aren't as good as wolverine origins. The second one is a bit better/more humorous than the first one, but the first one lets you powerbomb people from off a skyscraper, so either one is well worth the price.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My god those holiday movies would be my version of Hell.

All of them. Any of them.

It's high time we had some gay holiday romcoms. I mean they write themselves!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cowslips Warren posted:

All of them. Any of them.

It's high time we had some gay holiday romcoms. I mean they write themselves!

Someone already mentioned there is a lesbian romance in the red + green genre.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
We have so many of those boring movies, but only 2 Netflix movies with Kurt Russel playing Santa. That's some kind of crime, surely? (I liked the Christmas Chronicles movies, they were kind of insane and funny)

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think it is something you had to grow up with. I love me some camp but I do not get it. But my spouse and some dear friends love them with varying (and often concerning) degrees of sincerity.

They all come from hayseed backgrounds. Idk I'd that is relevant but the movies do reinforce the world they grew up in beyond the mere fact that they grew up with these movies.

Two hit hypothesis?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This genre is absolutely aggressive reinforcement of 20th century straight white vaguely Christian-background American values, yes. In pure, liquid form. Glurge I believe is the term.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BioEnchanted posted:

We have so many of those boring movies, but only 2 Netflix movies with Kurt Russel playing Santa. That's some kind of crime, surely? (I liked the Christmas Chronicles movies, they were kind of insane and funny)

Agreed. Maybe a bit Glurge as Ghost Leviathan says but Kurt Russell is pretty charming so... (Please no one tell me he is a chud or something)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Roblo posted:

Agreed. Maybe a bit Glurge as Ghost Leviathan says but Kurt Russell is pretty charming so... (Please no one tell me he is a chud or something)

Kurt Russell posted:

I was brought up as a Republican. But when I realized that at the end of the day there wasn't much difference between a Democrat and Republican, I became a libertarian.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Kurt is of the opinion that celebrities should just shut up and entertain people, which, while laudable on the face of it, ignores the good he could do with his platform.

edit: oof, guess not.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dammit I said please and everything.

(Eh. It could be worse. At least he hasn't gone Randy Quaid)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Roblo posted:

Dammit I said please and everything.

(Eh. It could be worse. At least he hasn't gone Randy Quaid)

quote:

My generation couldn't stand me and I couldn't stand them. In high school I was to the right of being straight. I believed in the work ethic, making money, and they all had this beef with the nation. Vietnam disappointed me because we didn't win.

quote:

They call themselves liberal; I call them completely confined human beings.

quote:

The whole point of it is freedom as long as I don't step on your toes. Well, if I run your kid over when I'm high on drugs, I've stepped on your toes a little bit. We're gonna watch you hang slow and painful, babe. That's the way it's going to be.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This genre is absolutely aggressive reinforcement of 20th century straight white vaguely Christian-background American values, yes. In pure, liquid form. Glurge I believe is the term.
Now in fake-European flavour too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsHT1fYouYU
This covers the first 2 movies in the Christmas Prince Cinematic Universe, but she has also recently released a Patreon only video about Christmas Prince 3 and it's even more baffling. The central plot point is that there is a 6 centuries old treaty between the Christmas Prince's fake country and another bordering fake country that is mongol-coded. The treaty has to be signed every 100 years or the war between the two countries will resume! The treaty gets stolen and, even if the two countries are good neighbours now, everyone is "well, better get ready for war if we can't find it!"

Also the royal baby may be getting cursed if the treaty is not ratified! But everyone keeps reminding the protagonist that the chance of curses being real is really low.

That Italian Guy has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Dec 16, 2021

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Thanks for ruining Kurt Russell thread. :argh:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Gaunab posted:

Thanks for ruining Kurt Russell thread. :argh:
Too late, Kurt had already ruined it by being himself.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Continue damning him with his own words you say?

quote:

[Deepwater Horizon]I read the script, and I went, oh yeah, I know about this, this is the oil spill deal. And I was really shocked when I found out that 11 people died(…)is that where we are now as a society, where we need to know about the ecological, potentially disastrous thing, more than we need to know that people got killed?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Kurt rewrote the ending of Escape From LA himself and uhhhhh I don't think it was entirely Snake Plisken tracking there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, now that final scene finally make sense.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
this just in: showbiz rat has dipshit political opinions. Live correspondents are standing by!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

In retrospect he was the perfect person to play Chris Pratt's megalomaniacal space dad.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MokBa posted:

In retrospect he was the perfect person to play Chris Pratt's megalomaniacal space dad.

Kurt Russell is a weird one. His relationship with Goldie Hawn is probably the most stable in all of Hollywood and his best friend in the industry is John Carpenter, both of whom are weed-smoking liberals. It seems he really may be that rarest of beasts: a right winger who can keep his politics out of his personal relationships.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It also sounds like he was a pretty solid stepdad. Say what you will, but it seems like their kids really love him and not in that weird toxic WASPy way

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I give actors a pass on being libertarians since outside of some legacy hollywood types (who are usually just boring limousine liberals) it is a real libertarian experience. They had to take a huge risk and usually work low level/demeaning jobs until they hit it big. Per Nozick, luck plays a huge role in libertarian thought and these people worked really hard and got really lucky and then applied that lesson to everything instead of just their narrow field.

It's stupid but it is also a very human kind of stupid I can understand and forgive.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kurt Russel is a terrible example for an actor who had to take risks tho. His father was an actor, which probably led to him getting roles at a young age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIErp35h85s

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 10:33 on Dec 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
And he was basically canonised by Walt Disney himself at like 8 years old.