Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

theironjef posted:

So is the Bozjan Front a place where I need to be grouping up? Because I've never understood it. I queue for the front, then it's just a big flat plain of scattered enemies and a few players milling around in the base not doing anything. What's the goal?

FATEs spawn, completing these get you normal XP and "Mettle" (Bozja XP) while setting up Critical Engagements which get you even more XP.

The areas are gated by your Resistance Rank which is raised by earning Mettle. Each map has 3 areas and a large-scale duty at the end of them, there is also a standalone alliance raid in between the two maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

theironjef posted:

So is the Bozjan Front a place where I need to be grouping up? Because I've never understood it. I queue for the front, then it's just a big flat plain of scattered enemies and a few players milling around in the base not doing anything. What's the goal?

You do fates to raise your rank. Sometimes a critical engagement spawns and you sign up for that from a menu and do that too. Every time you get enough mettle go rank up at the guy at base. As your rank increases you'll unlock story quests and be able to go in deeper. Get to rank 10 and you'll unlock the final dungeon of the area. Do that to finish the first area's story.

Then do Delubrum Reginae from outside Bozja.

Then go to Zadnor and repeat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To be clear Bozja (even without the relic) is intended as a timesink which is why it came out between expansions. It's not something you're just gonna knock out in an evening.

It is fun tho!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this Christian Rock

Certainly a rock

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theironjef posted:

Idk its just a zone, is there a "goal" to Northern Thanalan? People go there for different reasons, there's a story and to progress through the story you need to rank up and do a bunch of stuff including a few Bozja dungeons. There's relic weapons to grind on, there are some cool drops to collect, idk about Bozja right now but in Eureka which is kind of the same thing there's some good opportunities to make decent gil.

Right now its mostly just people grinding fates and CEs because it gives you a fuckton of exp to level from 71+ which is a kind of goal too, but you can also progress the other stuff while you're there. If you want to group up you can, although if you don't group up you want to make sure you are getting gold on the fates and not dying too much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Get sidetracked and just hang out in Gangos for vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70LWm3qSZo

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
It's very much recommended that you group up for Critical Engagements in Bozja/Zadnor since they're basically boss fights that are more difficult that normal FATEs. I find it's usually easier to just invite all of the people spamming invite requests than it is to spam your own invite request but YMMV. It depends on how quickly you can invite from the chat menu.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

theironjef posted:

The thing about Bozja is that it really takes like 5-10 hours in it for it to click and make sense and for you to have unlocked enough of the map and the abilities to actually make a decent impact.

If you can get past that initial hump of getting started in it, it's pretty legit. If you unlock CLL (the open world-ish dungeon) and you still hate it, there's basically nothing you can do to make yourself like it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also if you feel like "vibes are off" when doing stuff in there keep in mind it's balanced for you to feel relatively weak on your own, so not only should you group up, but you should "appraise fragments" to unlock consumable Bozja abilities that do stuff like double your damage or self-heal

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've been 1 on the queue for like 15 minutes now which seems weird.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

My potato at the end. He looks really smug about it all.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've been 1 on the queue for like 15 minutes now which seems weird.

IIRC, Yoshida said in a recent Lodestone post that players are admitted in batches of 100, so being stuck at 1 means that the server's waiting for 100 total spots to clear out before admitting anyone else.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Aww I just talked to Cocobuki, the blm guildmaster after I finished the msq. I guess it's because I've been a blm every expac but I thought what he says is really cool. I gotta go to the other guild masters now!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I thought the caster dps role quest was good as quests go, but I'm mad that it had nothing whatsoever to do with your being a wizard. It wouldn't have taken much - they could've just given me a glowing orb or rune to right click on while a [Pondering ####----] cast bar filled, or put in magical enemies that the sword-using helper NPCs claimed to be unable to harm such that they needed my spells to do the job, or something. Come on!

The healer quests on the other hand legitimately involved your healing powers, although of course there was more going on.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

central dogma posted:

Yeah, it's unfortunate since the rest of the soundtrack is stellar.

Edit for explanation:

Christian rock comparison, not much to say except that it gives me those vibes unfortunately.

As for the Lost Prophets comparison:

I'll just hyperlink the dungeon video to avoid spoilers. Start at 1:10.
https://youtu.be/j_rxUIsvTo8?t=70

Lost Prophets video at 34 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFLFuOdJDko&t=34s

It might even be in the same key. The dungeon track has a faster tempo, though (and is actually good).

its just chicken tenders

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, Kholusia. In my quest to get all the TT cards, that one was one of the most boring. Guess there is no better time to be fate grinding.

I think I just wish they would have spread it out more. Instead of the two highest level zones, put one in one of the lower level zones, that way I can just jump on one of my level 80 classes.

I did all of the zone 6 fates as a lvl 81 MCH and got to 85. If you're in a group you can easily get gold credit no matter what, even if you miss stuff 50% of the time due to level difference.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just go to the first lvl 89 MSQ... how much more of the story do I have left? I haven't even seen the 6th area yet, so I imagine still have a bit to go.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wish they put in a thing where if you hit max level and a quest gives xp, it converts that quest reward into rest xp :sigh:. I'm 90, still have yet to reach the 6th section and all that xp is gonna go to waste. I guess I can level up another class to 89....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress I hate that this "Christian rock" meme is stuck in my head, i went back to the relevant zone and now I can only hear it

And yet our hope remains
Guiding, lighting the way

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 16, 2021

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Leal posted:

I wish they put in a thing where if you hit max level and a quest gives xp, it converts that quest reward into rest xp :sigh:. I'm 90, still have yet to reach the 6th section and all that xp is gonna go to waste. I guess I can level up another class to 89....

Level 90 MSQs feel like such a waste, I always cringe when I reach that part of an expansion.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bruceski posted:

Level 90 MSQs feel like such a waste, I always cringe when I reach that part of an expansion.

Clearly the answer is to not play them until the next expansion comes out and raises the level cap, then you can all that sweet XP!!

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
So, anyone else suddenly getting "Version Check could not be completed" and red "An Error has occurred" errors when trying to use the launcher?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just go to the first lvl 89 MSQ... how much more of the story do I have left? I haven't even seen the 6th area yet, so I imagine still have a bit to go.

Probably like four to five hours.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Offkorn posted:

So, anyone else suddenly getting "Version Check could not be completed" and red "An Error has occurred" errors when trying to use the launcher?

I got kicked off the game, failed to authenticate, and now I can't even log on on the launcher. :ohdear:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Offkorn posted:

something important broke

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Offkorn posted:

I'm seeing people saying the same thing on Reddit, so I think whatever server equipment issue they were having earlier in the day returned with a vengeance.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Offkorn posted:

Yep, right when I was almost done with a 4000 person queue, too. Lovely!

e: Can't log into the Lodestone either, so Something Important broke most likely.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Offkorn posted:

Yep. I'd just gotten through the queue, got in game, rode up to talk to <redacted>, clicked okay on a "buckle up mucho cutscenes incoming" warning, then boom errored out and unable to get back in. There's a few threads on reddit about it already.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Offkorn posted:

I just got booted from queue (with like 600 left :argh: ) and got this upon login:

edit: well, gently caress

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Offkorn posted:

yes, yes i am

Can't log into the lodestone either.

efb: ^^^^^^ :smith::respek::smith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, something is SUPER broken right now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

acumen posted:

I just got booted from queue (with like 600 left :argh: ) and got this upon login:

edit: well, gently caress

Same thing happening to me. I got booted from the queue for an "authentication error" and now my launcher looks like that. I also can't access mogstation.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm glad I'm seeing the same error as everyone else, I had never seen that message and thought I got banned or something bananas.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm glad I'm seeing the same error as everyone else, I had never seen that message and thought I got banned or something bananas.

I was worried I had been hacked!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

NNnnnnoooooo I was doing the final trial and we had the boss down to 10%.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

yes, yes i am

Can't log into the lodestone either.

efb: ^^^^^^ :smith::respek::smith:

lol I logged in after a few hours in queue and was checking my retainers when poof error 90002, disconnected, and now I get this error when I try to log back in.

Guess I'm not playing tonight!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I spent 2 and a half hours trying to log in, went straight to roulettes to farm tomes for EX fights this weekend, got through all but the last 2 mins of a PVP roulette and the servers died.

Holy loving poo poo I got combo'd.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
When I went to college there were a few coffee shops that were a bike ride or a short drive away, and a few campus coffee shops that sucked, and then one that was easily walkable and cheap and pretty decent, but it was a Christian coffee shop and the owner was a guy in his early 30s with one diamond stud who would be like 15% too friendly and all the flyers up were for like youth groups or church shows by bands called something like IN2Peace. But what could you do, people went there a lot. And in my experience most Christian rock is actually ska.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seeing names from the FC logging out en masse is bringing MSQ flashbacks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RIP FFXIV