Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

back in like 2002 or something there was a necrophila case in SF and it was revealed that apparently we didn't have a law specifically dedicated to that because like no one thought you needed a law that said "loving corpses is illegal" which i think is a nice commentary on human optimism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

jesus christ what an awful snipe

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Totally unrelated but I'm really looking forward to heading home and cracking open a cold one.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

lmao god drat

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

rotor posted:

back in like 2002 or something there was a necrophila case in SF and it was revealed that apparently we didn't have a law specifically dedicated to that because like no one thought you needed a law that said "loving corpses is illegal" which i think is a nice commentary on human optimism

similar thing happened here recently, op!:v:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

rotor posted:

it seems to be a weird legal blind spot in a lot of countries, probably because of how rare it is. often the best you can do is charge people under old (and often vague) morality laws for things like "mishandling a corpse".

same as that german cannibal guy in 2003, there was a big debate as to whether it was just plain murder because nobody know if cannibalism was actually illegal.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 15, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
there was that movie grand theft parsons that made it clear there are basically no laws about what you can do with a corpse, cuz as rotor said who would think of such a thing

write it up at city council and end up on one of those lists of wacky laws

but time has a way of making us reconsider absent laws

well, time, trump and jimmy savile

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

it seems to be a weird legal blind spot in a lot of countries, probably because of how rare it is. often the best you can do is charge people under old (and often vague) morality laws for things like "mishandling a corpse".

same as that german cannibal guy in 2003, there was a big debate as to whether it was just plain murder because nobody know if cannibalism was actually illegal.

i think this is mostly a popular media thing though. i know for sure that a lot of things you can do to corpses are not *specifically* illegal here, but "brott mot griftefriden" (literally "crime against the peace of the grave") is a law which obviously covers all of it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

"crime against the peace of the grave"
:black101:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i think this is mostly a popular media thing though. i know for sure that a lot of things you can do to corpses are not *specifically* illegal here, but "brott mot griftefriden" (literally "crime against the peace of the grave") is a law which obviously covers all of it.

idk what it was like elsewhere but the problem here was that the maximum sentence for what the person could be charged for was like 1 month in jail and a $200 fine or something like that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZJLjrb4vU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hell yes

mystes
May 31, 2006

Why should the government be in the business of regulating necrophilia? Just said an appropriate price on corpses and let the free market sort it out.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if there is a gross sex thing you can think of, you can bet someone does it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

A lot of places don't/didn't have specific laws against necrophilia and/or zoophilia, because the argument is/was that laws against such things as "disturbing the peace of the grave" or animal abuse would cover those.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
*in extremely rms voice* have you considered the possibility that the animal enjoyed it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

*in extremely rms voice* have you considered the possibility that the animal enjoyed it

yes and that did not change my evaluation.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the lambda tattoo really pulls the whole thing together

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
jonny!
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1471247547515744266

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/leanrum/status/1470954707120181253?s=20

the gently caress? "forge" is like the morons that pronounce gif with a hard g

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

log forg

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Lake of Methane posted:

jraphics interchange format --you

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Lake of Methane posted:

no, "forge" is the same sound as a soft 'g', so it is like pronouncing gif with a soft 'g' and equally wrong.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

here's my next assignment at work:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

log for jay

how else could it be pronounced :negative:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

log4james

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lmao @ log forge i am 100% calling it that from now on

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

can you slide the jpeg quality slider even further to the left or is that as far as it goes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sniep posted:

can you slide the jpeg quality slider even further to the left or is that as far as it goes

gotchu covered homie

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ta

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/andrewcb/status/1471167682258952198?s=20

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored