Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Let’s congratulate the Colts for moving into 6th place today by, checks notes, being on a bye week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Probably the last jags game i'll watch til Urban is fired. Just looking at the box scores will be enough from now on.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/1470157732682600449?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
AFC South 2021: It's Tough For Them Boys Over There

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I guess Davis Mills' statline isn't the worst thing I've ever seen this week

I'm trying, I dunno.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Teva posted:

Probably the last jags game i'll watch til Urban is fired. Just looking at the box scores will be enough from now on.

Welcome to the club friend! This has been me with the Texans since Week 1. I can assure you - your mental health will thank you for this decision!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

AFC South 2021: It's Tough For Them Boys Over There

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Great day for everyone in the AFC South. Titans get a win, Colts move into the playoffs, Texans and Jags still looking good for the draft.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
From a Trevor Lawrence post game quote, here's a new thread title:

6.Lawrence: “It obviously starts with me being the quarterback and I’ve got to accept all the blame for what I did. I didn’t play well, didn’t put us in good situations. I take that on the chin.”

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Jesus Christ with this. Urban Meyer kicked his..

kicker

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32876891/trevor-lawrence-drama-stop-jacksonville-jaguars-win

quote:

former Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo alleged that coach Urban Meyer kicked him in the leg while stretching in warm-ups before a practice during the week of the final preseason game.

Lambo said Meyer told him, "Hey Dips---, make your f---ing kicks!" and then kicked him in the leg. Lambo characterized the kick as a five out of 10 and then told the Tampa Bay Times he told Meyer: "Don't you ever f---ing kick me again!" Lambo said Meyer told him, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want."

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Would love to see Lambo kick him back

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think it's actually very noble of Urban to get revenge for all those poor footballs that Lambo kicked over the years. Turnabout is fair play.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big jeff

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I love my team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. I hate my team, the Jacksonville Jaguars.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I don't think anyone hates a team as much as its own fans do, in general.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Teva posted:

You didn't even have to miss a single week!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

EvilBeard posted:

Yet Easterby will remain employed for at least three more years

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I’m… free.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

Who had 13 games in the Urban Meyer pool?

God what a poo poo show.

Hoping the Jags can get Doug Pederson in here.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

BiggerBoat posted:

Who had 13 games in the Urban Meyer pool?

God what a poo poo show.

Hoping the Jags can get Doug Pederson in here.

I was really hoping he wouldn’t last as long as long as Bobby Petrino

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Congrats to jags fans. This level of suffering was too much for anyone to bear. Even filthy jacksonvillers

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thank you to ESPN for this nice detailed list of all the huge successes Head Ball Coach had in Jacksonville.

quote:

Jan. 14: Hired as Jaguars' seventh head coach
Feb. 10: Hires Chris Doyle as director of sports performance. Doyle was longtime head strength coach at Iowa but reached a separation agreement in June 2020 after he had been accused of making racist statements and bullying and belittling Black players
Feb. 11: Fritz Pollard Alliance blasts Jaguars and Meyer for hiring Doyle. Doyle later resigns, with Meyer and GM Trent Baalke saying they did not consider the implications of hiring him
April 29: Jaguars select Trevor Lawrence first overall. The team also took RB Travis Etienne, Lawrence's Clemson teammate, 25th. Meyer admitted in a post-draft news conference that he had wanted to take former Florida WR Kadarius Toney with that pick
May 20: Sign Tim Tebow to play tight end, a position the former Heisman Trophy winner had never played
July 1: NFL fined Jaguars $200,000 and Meyer $100,000 for excessive contact during a June 1 OTA. Team also ordered to forfeit two OTAs during the first week of the 2022 offseason
July/August: Meyer has Lawrence alternate days with the first-team offense with Gardner Minshew throughout training camp to earn the starting quarterback job
Aug. 25: Meyer announces Lawrence as the starter
Aug. 28: The Jaguars trade Minshew to Philadelphia
Aug. 31: Meyer says he and Baalke considered a player's vaccination status when determining final cuts. NFLPA opens an investigation
Sept. 12: Jaguars look unprepared and confused during a season-opening 37-21 loss at Houston, which was regarded by many as the worst team in the league entering year
Oct. 2: Two days after losing a Thursday night game in Cincinnati, a video of a woman dancing near Meyer's lap goes viral on social media
Oct. 4: Meyer apologizes for his actions. "I just apologized to the team and staff for being a distraction. Just stupid and so I explained everything that happened and owned it. Just stupid. Should not have myself in that kind of position." Roughly an hour after Meyer's news conference another video emerged on social media that appeared to show Meyer touching what appeared to be the same woman's bottom while he was sitting at the bar
Oct. 5: Khan issues a public rebuke of Meyer over the two videos
Dec. 11: NFL Network reports that Marvin Jones Jr. had to be persuaded to return to the team facility after leaving in response to Meyer's vocal criticisms of the wide receiver corps. NFLN also reported that Meyer called his assistant coaches losers during a staff meeting and asked them to defend their resumes. A league source refuted the report about the meeting to ESPN
Dec. 12: Jaguars lose 20-0 at Tennessee in the fourth shutout loss in franchise history. After game, Meyer denied both NFLN allegations and said anyone leaking information risks losing their job
Dec. 13: Khan says he will not make any hasty decision nor will he be swayed by emotion when it comes to what to do with Meyer
Dec. 15: Ex-Jags kicker Josh Lambo alleges Meyer kicked him in the leg while he was stretching in warmups before a practice during the week of the final preseason game. Meyer said the "characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account." Meyer was fired hours later
-- ESPN's Michael DiRocco

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Well this sucks, I was hoping the jags could have Urban for at least two years

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1438198709288947717?s=20

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I was looking forward to the upcoming Culley-Meyer chess match

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1439784252510515200?s=20

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

lobster shirt posted:

I was looking forward to the upcoming Culley-Meyer chess match

Guess Culley will always have scoreboard over Urban Meyer, thats a nice thing for him to have

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The thing about that kicker Josh Lambo story is that the guy has zero reason to lie or make that up. He stands to gain nothing by fabricating it and the story is so bizarre that it actually increases its believability. Also, all this stuff about Meyer is just the incidents we know about, one of which was on video and went viral.

Imagine all the poo poo that hasn't come out. I've worked for arrogant fucks like Urban and dude sounds like a colossal rear end in a top hat. I keep feeling like "I know the type".

Good news is there's a decent short list of qualified dudes to replace him (Pederson, Leftwich, Bieniemy, Caldwell and others). So why do I think that Shad Kahn will bring in Chip Kelly or Jason Garrett?

Wonder what Bill Cowher is up to these days? I always liked him as a coach.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Legitimately Shad Khan should probably order a custom-made 64-sided die, make a list of all current NFL OCs and DCs, and hire whoever he rolls. It couldn't go any worse than it has when he puts actual concentration and effort into hiring a coach.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lol, so what happened to all those eyewitness accounts Urban kept inferring?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Lol, so what happened to all those eyewitness accounts Urban kept inferring?

They probably rolled on him and one likely said something like "yeah, and motherfucker tried to kick me too when I said something about it"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who could have seen this coming?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BiggerBoat posted:

The thing about that kicker Josh Lambo story is that the guy has zero reason to lie or make that up. He stands to gain nothing by fabricating it and the story is so bizarre that it actually increases its believability. Also, all this stuff about Meyer is just the incidents we know about, one of which was on video and went viral.

Imagine all the poo poo that hasn't come out. I've worked for arrogant fucks like Urban and dude sounds like a colossal rear end in a top hat. I keep feeling like "I know the type".

Good news is there's a decent short list of qualified dudes to replace him (Pederson, Leftwich, Bieniemy, Caldwell and others). So why do I think that Shad Kahn will bring in Chip Kelly or Jason Garrett?

Wonder what Bill Cowher is up to these days? I always liked him as a coach.

Cowher's been out of the game for 15 years, let's not forget what happened with Joe Gibbs

I assume what Cowher is up to these days is enjoying not working 16 hour days

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
it's time for the jags to bring in Jeff Fisher

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I hope they get Josh McDaniels so the Texans don't

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

it's time for the jags to bring in Jeff Fisher

Holy poo poo I hope Shad Kahn doesn't see this post and get any ideas.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dabo Tyme!!!!!!!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Throwback Thursday

https://twitter.com/pablotorre/status/1471479319654457347?s=21

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't make me like the guy now that he's finally been canned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
After Darrell bevells press conference today I’m rooting for the jags to win out