Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This is weird but do any of you get motion sickness from Skyrim now?

I played a bunch at launch in the early 2010s and never had that problem.

Been trying to figure out if I’m just older or if it’s some weird graphic setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I've heard certain FOV values can do that to some people. I've never had an issue with any 3D game, myself. I want to say the FOV subject came up years ago when I was looking into modding Morrowind with MGE.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea i also get motion sick of FOV is too high, maybe there was some kind of patch that changed the default settings at some point?

also i think, unfortunately, this is just the kind of thing that gets worse with age so a setting that might have been ok for you in 2010 makes you motion sick ten years later.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That FOV trick worked! Can’t believe switching it to 90 was enough to drastically reduce the motion sickness.

Thank you friends :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NGL I would buy a mobile port to go with the other 15 copies I have.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

MarcusSA posted:

NGL I would buy a mobile port to go with the other 15 copies I have.

gotta catch them all!

I just upgraded to the Anniversary Edition myself, I'm sure my playthroughs won't actually encounter any of the new content.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

gotta catch them all!

I just upgraded to the Anniversary Edition myself, I'm sure my playthroughs won't actually encounter any of the new content.

Don't be so sure. The Creation Kit stuff that makes up most of the Anniversary Edition is INFAMOUS for dropping tons of new quests, items, etc on you as soon as you get out of Helgen.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Arivia posted:

Don't be so sure. The Creation Kit stuff that makes up most of the Anniversary Edition is INFAMOUS for dropping tons of new quests, items, etc on you as soon as you get out of Helgen.
Just like in Oblivion when you reached the end of the tutorial sewer?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Poil posted:

Just like in Oblivion when you reached the end of the tutorial sewer?

pretty much. even got horse armor again!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I read that they've removed the popups with the Anniversary Edition and I didn't get a single one so the system works.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Arivia posted:

Didn’t notice that on my latest run. I got most of the new quests from innkeepers or random notes/books.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah they specifically patched it out so you don't get 1000000 quests right at the start.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't get motion sickness on my pc or very much in general but I got an Oculus last year to try it out and I immediately got it pretty bad playing Phasmophobia. So I guess VR is out for me.

I can't imagine how fast I'd puke playing Skyrim on that. I don't know how people do it.

It's weird because I don't really get any sort of motion sickness otherwise but VR got me good.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah they specifically patched it out so you don't get 1000000 quests right at the start.

Yeah, and it's such a small but great change because it maintains that sense of exploration that's missing when you get fifty letters dumped into your inventory.

You can still tell which are the new quests because there's no new VA (as far as I can tell) so all the NPC interactions are basically handing you a note and giving a couple recycled lines, but even within that limited framework there's some good stuff there. Whoever made all the mid-tier armor sets tied them all together with an ongoing story about a group of bandits called the Crimson Dirks that you can slowly piece together by finding them all, which is a nice touch (and since almost none of the armors are worth wearing past early levels I just hand them off to followers).

It's such an incentive to replay Skyrim that I literally, for the first time in ten years, actually finished that quest to collect 60 plants for Ingun Black-Briar. I don't know if I'll ever beat the main quest, but that alone is a pretty big accomplishment.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The lack of voice acting is great when you get moments like save Jarl Balgruf from an assassin and the only reaction is the steward saying his usual "You've done us a great service, here is your reward" line

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Simsmagic posted:

The lack of voice acting is great

:smug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That corvid is both 100% correct AND doing an important service for Oblivion players. :colbert:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Oblivion had some fun guild missions :shobon:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Every Elder Scrolls game is the best Elder Scrolls game.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

John F Bennett posted:

Every Elder Scrolls game is the best Elder Scrolls game.

that's right: morrowind is the only elder scrolls game

jk, jk

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Daggerfall also exists

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Daggerfall also exists

If you not leaping from roof to roof to avoid guards are you even paying elder scrolls?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Duderclese posted:

If you not leaping from roof to roof to avoid guards are you even paying elder scrolls?

Daggerfall let you do some silly poo poo. I picked one little province that had no connection to quests of note and that province became my crime haven. I’d wander through town slaughtering guards and pitching their armor and weapons into a wagon I was pulling and that’s how I funded everything.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I have been dealing with seasonal emotional weirdness by playing through the series from start to finish, and a) jesus christ Arena is rough, b) I intentionally waited to mess with Daggerfall Unity until it was something closer to done, and it is bizarre to play Daggerfall with so many hilarious OG bugs patched out.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CarlCX posted:

I have been dealing with seasonal emotional weirdness by playing through the series from start to finish, and a) jesus christ Arena is rough, b) I intentionally waited to mess with Daggerfall Unity until it was something closer to done, and it is bizarre to play Daggerfall with so many hilarious OG bugs patched out.

Arena really suffers because of the sound bug where monsters can easily sneak up on you.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I got banished from the dragontail mountains because I did a coven quest that apparently drops your legal rep by 30 and had to relocate to Shalgora.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Bethesda_UK/status/1471117852002471941

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Aw sweet, lemme get my Absinthe Pipe

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Wikipedia posted:

Corvids display remarkable intelligence for animals of their size and are among the most intelligent birds thus far studied.

:hmmyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Guaranteed to approach the quality of the Nuka Cola Rum branded antifreeze

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Guaranteed to approach the quality of the Nuka Cola Rum branded antifreeze
Yeah, that was my thought as well. Fool me once and all that. I'm partially feeling sorry for the people who will inevitably throw away their money on that junk.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

you're supposed to just pour out the absinthe and fill the bottle with crack

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The bottle isn't even authentic. The whole point is to have the bottle that looks like the one in at least one of the games. There are bottles on etsy that look more authentic than that.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It looks like cheap junk

because it is

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Apparently the bottles are ceramic, but Bethesda aren't exactly known for getting materials right

https://twitter.com/TheSquishyBear/status/1471169067339988992

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ah, absinthe, best known for its rustic character (and thus being sold in ceramic bottles)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I had a fine modded MW install going. Decided to snag the Telvanni stronghold mods, reran distand land with them in, and now not just my playlist but vanilla Morrowind crashes upon a new game. Loading area, intro, black screen with boat sounds, crash.

Please god tell me there is a fix to this that does not involve a full reinstall.

Is it stealing to just make a running Morrwind playlist, copy everything except the exes, and email it around cuz mannnnnnnnn I worked so hard

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Congratulations, you have won modding.

Also you should be using MO2.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They made it absinthe because skooma isn't supposed to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

After giving up on modding open morrowind I decided I should probably go finish oblivion.
Goddamn it crashes alot even with the anti crash patch also some areas of the world geometry are clearly messed up in this old save and I'm not sure if I can fix it. :smith: