Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

are u… are u joking? Liz couldn’t sound more like a silver spoon valley girl if she took voice acting lessons from Deborah Foreman herself. It’s like saying you couldn’t peg John Oliver’s accent, there’s only one place in the world that makes people sound like that.

I live in the Midwest, so, like, the only Valley Girl accents I'm like, exposed to are, like, the ones on TV or movies? That I've, like, seen? Doesn't sound like the Californians, either.

Maybe I need more exposure to the actual people and not the people making fun of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I live in the Midwest, so, like, the only Valley Girl accents I'm like, exposed to are, like, the ones on TV or movies? That I've, like, seen? Doesn't sound like the Californians, either.

Maybe I need more exposure to the actual people and not the people making fun of them.
SNL does a better philly/baltimore accent than cali

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They coulda had Shane Gillis for pure strain uncut PA, such a shame

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The valley girl vocal fry that brands ladies who grew up not having to do much more than find the truth in their chakra is Liz. It is an educated and relaxed affect vocal fry that is specific to like 50 miles along Ventura Veterans Memorial Freeway. Also San Francisco's, but I don't know the neighborhoods up there, like Sunnydale I guess.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Liz’s voice never phased me because she sounds like every girl in California. She’s cool

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/jackmurphyrgr/status/1470794275038412814?s=21

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the person who hired the assassins is the scion of a local auto dealership magnate and left a google review for them a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzv5s5UG9q4

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Those speartip guys really wanted to push the not-a-swastika envelope with their logo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

Those speartip guys really wanted to push the not-a-swastika envelope with their logo

It’s just a Star of David in red white and blue.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
What is the genesis of Brace's "Gourmand" character?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

What is the genesis of Brace's "Gourmand" character?

Just popped out a few episodes ago. Some folks are just really horny about food.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

selec posted:

Just popped out a few episodes ago. Some folks are just really horny about food.

After seeing a picture of Robert Maxwell that's who I'm imagining it as in my mind, just a very obese man in a bowtie

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

After seeing a picture of Robert Maxwell that's who I'm imagining it as in my mind, just a very obese man in a bowtie

Or Scalia:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/a-man-of-many-appetites?_amp=true

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Futanari Damacy posted:

Only image in my brain when Brace goes gormond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRnenQYG7I

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

new ep introduces the dark gourmand

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gourmand feels way more lived-in as a character than coindexter

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i like the fleshing out of the cumtown extended universe by talking about implanted memories of being lost in the mall

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
before she went to jail (when i was 8ish), my mom let my brother and me run wild in the mall until she was done shopping (aka writing bad checks), at which time she'd have the service desk page us to the front.

i have vivid memories of this

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Stevie Lee posted:

before she went to jail (when i was 8ish), my mom let my brother and me run wild in the mall until she was done shopping (aka writing bad checks), at which time she'd have the service desk page us to the front.

i have vivid memories of this

Well do I have some bad news for you buddy...that never happened and also you're going to shoot the president next year after somebody whispers a trigger word into your ear at a rally.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
your mom IS in jail though, sorry

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
what would be some good trigger words

maybe we could think of like a list of words and phrases and play them in public to like activate peoples programming prematurely and ruin the cias plans

thats local direct action, right? all the leftists are telling me to do local direct action

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Law Cheetah posted:

what would be some good trigger words

“Gee, that Italian family over in the corner sure is quiet!”

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prefacing a movie theater with a speech to the audience about how I don't care how loud they are

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/jmcevoy_2/status/1471533532447232007?s=21

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1471569696650502148 this hits the spot

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gone Fashing posted:

i like the fleshing out of the cumtown extended universe by talking about implanted memories of being lost in the mall

Oh my god

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lmao she does look exactly like a Far Side cartoon

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Gourmand is obviously Hedonism-bot. We all know someone like Hedonism-Bot. Or listen to NPR.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
meaningless
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1471569731517759489?s=21

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Liz: so this doctor is highly regarded -
Brace: don't say the r-word

Got me. Sorry

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Stopping the podcast to apologize for using “flip the script”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

emo-ignorance posted:

Liz: so this doctor is highly regarded -
Brace: don't say the r-word

Got me. Sorry

I lol'd also

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ghislaine has been taken to Guantanamo Bay

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
This trial needs to end or these two people will die.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

https://cafelorenzonyc.com/

An eating establishment truly worthy of The Gourmand.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hung jury/mistrial incoming

it is was over the second they requested the white board and highlighters

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ghislaine getting off lmao

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ghislaine getting off lmao
the government’s case sucks. not enough witnesses, and clearly they tried to find/replace ghislaine for jeff in all the testimony they did have. going light on the witness list was a huge mistake. hopefully they’ll wise up in a second trial and actually pursue all the juicy big names as part of the strategy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
True Anon live from the Cafe Lorenzo studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

:yotj: