Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Will is insisting Chapo keep touring during the new outbreak in honor of his great hometown of Barrington

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m probably gonna drive 4 hours to go the live show in North Carolina. There’s nothing for them in South Carolina and even if there was I doubt they could sell 50 tickets in this shithole.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
caring about the talent or even knowing who they are is for simps & tabloid mongers

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m probably gonna drive 4 hours to go the live show in North Carolina. There’s nothing for them in South Carolina and even if there was I doubt they could sell 50 tickets in this shithole.

Four hours to Charlotte from anywhere in SC sounds wrong to me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chapo needs to find a new wonk for the upcoming midterms

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

the I-495 repair shop

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Mike Recine is right there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Chapo Fivethirtyeight House

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it's thanks to the sequel that everyone in the world knows who Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Four hours to Charlotte from anywhere in SC sounds wrong to me

I mean I live at the very northern end of the SC coastline and I’m 3.5 hours away from Charlotte and The Underground. I’ve the done drive twice for concerts out there. Might sound like a lot to city folk but I work in my car, just means I gotta get a good book on tape or save up some episodes of TruAnon and Cum Town to get me through the ride.

I just wanna see how much taller than Will I am in real life, is all.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also the woman who played Imhotep's lover who he tries to resurrect also played Marta on Arrested Development. She's also super pretty but is Venezuelan not Egyptian lol. Also she's gay

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I loving love this clip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I loving love this clip

Lol. Arnold Vosloo who plays Imhotep was also in the kickass JCVD/John Woo movie Hard Target

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean I live at the very northern end of the SC coastline and I’m 3.5 hours away from Charlotte and The Underground. I’ve the done drive twice for concerts out there. Might sound like a lot to city folk but I work in my car, just means I gotta get a good book on tape or save up some episodes of TruAnon and Cum Town to get me through the ride.

I just wanna see how much taller than Will I am in real life, is all.

Lol I almost added an addendum to my post “maybe if you’re in the hellscape north of myrtle beach so yeah that sounds right

They could probably fill up a show in Charleston, or also Columbia or Greenville if school was in session; but there are a lot of cities in the southeast that would be way more worth the time and effort, and while Charleston is nice the other two aren’t particularly interesting places to visit. Lol I lived in Columbia for about six years and in the dozen years since fleeing to the west coast I’ve never thought “oh I should go back and visit”

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

she's only had 1 recall election (this one)

Will didn’t want to impart his interview curse onto her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dated a woman in Greenville for 3 years it sucks. Bob Jones university? come on lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i still don’t understand why he was part scorpion

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rachel Weisz is also married to Daniel Craig

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Smythe posted:

caring about the talent or even knowing who they are is for simps & tabloid mongers

I'll bust to someone's complete oeuvre but I'll be cold in the grave before I remember their name

The Chad Jihad has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Dec 16, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lumpentroll posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9reWGi2DL4

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

he's called the scorpion king duh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I dated a woman in Greenville for 3 years it sucks. Bob Jones university? come on lol

Oh for sure. Greenville is a horrid place but I was thinking Greenville might pull a healthy crowd from Clemson as long as school was in. That said, it’s all academic because while I think they could fill a show there it’s really not worth trying. Charlotte is the right spot to stop to pull in everyone in SC and up in the triangle so it by far makes the most sense

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

lumpentroll posted:

iirc it was originally a script for a different movie. then they jammed it into the mummy movies

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They made like two or three straight to DVD scorpion king sequels. I worked at a video store and I remember Billy Zane was in one of them

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Bust Rodd posted:

Back in 05 I saw NIN there. I had the pleasure of sitting in front of a drunk girl who was out raged over Saul Williams being the opening act.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They made like two or three straight to DVD scorpion king sequels. I worked at a video store and I remember Billy Zane was in one of them

They've made 4 and are planning a reboot. The Billy Zane one rocks. For some reason they travel to the far east, and the film also features Ron Perlman, Dave Bautista, and Kimbo Slice.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9r46LVblQU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Whoa he was hot, rip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They've made 4 and are planning a reboot. The Billy Zane one rocks. For some reason they travel to the far east, and the film also features Ron Perlman, Dave Bautista, and Kimbo Slice.

lol awesome

Beard Dandruff posted:

Back in 05 I saw NIN there. I had the pleasure of sitting in front of a drunk girl who was out raged over Saul Williams being the opening act.

I saw NIN on that tour and both Trent and Saul kicked rear end

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

saul williams rules

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I loving love this clip

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
https://www.hexbear.net/post/136897

Found this list of weekly discount podcasts, l33t haxors only

Anyone got a beep beep lettuce black feed? Been getting back into their stuff

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

please someone link a beep beep premium, i want to steal from the actual leftest podcast

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i say swears online posted:

please someone link a beep beep premium, i want to steal from the actual leftest podcast

Yeah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation

i say swears online posted:

the chapos are IRL communists

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the chapos are IRL communists

you got a link to a beep beep premium or not

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

https://www.hexbear.net/post/136897

Found this list of weekly discount podcasts, l33t haxors only

Anyone got a beep beep lettuce black feed? Been getting back into their stuff

hexbear check just doesn't have the same bite to it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm sad Chapo isn't coming to Memphis on their South tour. Could probably get more people than some of the places on that list, though I guess it might be considered too close to Nashville.

Might go to the Nashville one if there are still tickets. Long drives suck, but not as bad with podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'm sad Chapo isn't coming to Memphis on their South tour. Could probably get more people than some of the places on that list, though I guess it might be considered too close to Nashville.

Might go to the Nashville one if there are still tickets. Long drives suck, but not as bad with podcasts.

Honestly all of their stops make a lot of sense to me if you wanted to find hubs that would hit as many populated areas within a ~3 hour or less drive. Like with Nashville you’re within a long but doable drive of Memphis, Huntsville, Louisville, and Knoxville. Charlotte and Atlanta got the same kind of wide coverage of a lot of surrounding areas. New Orleans is just a fun town to hit on a tour through the south. Really the only thing that surprised me was not having a Florida stop but gently caress Florida anyway so