Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Waffleman_ posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/e7388986bc24d5a1337e0beed057f7b5b78b9bb3

More from YoshiP.

-Additional 14 days free game time being compensated
-Starter edition sales are temporarily suspended
-6.05 is releasing on schedule for January 4
-There is a fix for the 2002 errors while in queues that will be rolled out with 6.01 on the 21st
-They hope to provide a roadmap for the improvement of their server infrastructure in late January including new server additions

We memed to hard and now to many have heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an EXPANDED FREE TRIAL? Which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward Expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

hazardousmouse posted:

This was a bug? I thought it was just a hilarious enrage mechanic

There was a bugged instance at one point where they had to close down the entire zone while they fixed it because the assman had grown too powerful and was just obliterating everything. :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? No, you haven't, gently caress off we're full!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Have you heard of critically misunderstood MMO The New World? Go try it, we're busy over here

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

There was a bugged instance at one point where they had to close down the entire zone while they fixed it because the assman had grown too powerful and was just obliterating everything. :v:

This is amazing
:allears:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Thumbtacks posted:

Am I crazy or is summoner getting demi Phoenix just straight up a nerf? Same potencies on everything but now every other demi you get a heal instead of a deathflare. Cool that a trait gives you a nerf

Yeah it's kinda weird but in the end it's not a huge deal. The alternative is that they have Bahamut as a 2-minute cooldown before Phoenix like before, and that's way worse.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012

Carmant posted:

Was there a reason they stopped doing hints for the sightseeing log? Or are there hints somewhere outside of the log that I'm missing?

Did you pick up the quest for EW sightseeing, Sights of the End in Old Sharlyan?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think their complaint is that the log doesn't give hints anymore. Just a general zone

Speaking of unknowns: how the gently caress do I get access to the wondrous sundries vendor for EW. The fucker is just standing there, arguing with his assistant

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Flytitle posted:

Did you pick up the quest for EW sightseeing, Sights of the End in Old Sharlyan?

Yeah I've got the log. It's just that the ARR ones actually gave you hints on where the viewpoints were so you could hunt them down instead of just randomly flying around maps or looking up a guide. Everything after seems to be the same generic statement for each one. I get why they removed weather requirements and other tedious stuff, but removing hints seems like it just makes it even more tedious.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

hazardousmouse posted:

This is amazing
:allears:

Found an old reddit post that was linked in my FC discord when it happened; looks like the original post is gone now but you can still see the discussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/et6n9e/5_minute_maintenance_in_raktika_on_siren/

People basically brute forced him dead :v:

quote:

Did some investigating with a group of people also there. An A rank monster, Grassman, appears to have gained some major buff that is wiping full parties of level 80s like it’s nothing. It’s multiple times stronger than it normally is.

EDIT: We’re trying to take it down right now if you wanna come visit lol

EDIT 2: We wiped

EDIT 3: WE ASSEMBLED TOO MANY PEOPLE AND TOOK IT DOWN

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Carmant posted:

Was there a reason they stopped doing hints for the sightseeing log? Or are there hints somewhere outside of the log that I'm missing?

The hints outside the log are giant glowing orbs you stand on to /lookout.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Carmant posted:

Yeah I've got the log. It's just that the ARR ones actually gave you hints on where the viewpoints were so you could hunt them down instead of just randomly flying around maps or looking up a guide. Everything after seems to be the same generic statement for each one. I get why they removed weather requirements and other tedious stuff, but removing hints seems like it just makes it even more tedious.

The ARR ones have hints because they're all dumb BS with specific times, weather conditions, and emotes and are completely unmarked.

The expansion ones don't need hints because you can just see the points while exploring and grab 'em easily (unless there's jumping puzzles). They're definitely way less tedious.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Algid posted:

The hints outside the log are giant glowing orbs you stand on to /lookout.

Unfortunately, as obvious as they are when you see them, it's incredibly hard to just stumble across all of them without needing to use an outside guide.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ideally you'd catch them while side questing. Are there any rewards behind getting them all? EW specific

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Naw, like ShB there doesn't seem to be anything special for doing them, just an achievement.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

iirc there's a trophy for getting them all, but nothing special in game which is kind of a shame.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Regy Rusty posted:

The ARR ones have hints because they're all dumb BS with specific times, weather conditions, and emotes and are completely unmarked.

The expansion ones don't need hints because you can just see the points while exploring and grab 'em easily (unless there's jumping puzzles). They're definitely way less tedious.

Well, you don't need the hints. But I do think that hunting them down based on hints is more entertaining than flying around the maps. They do usually put them in obvious location, so you can guess based on the environment where they might be. But I think it would be fun and feel like more of a gameplay feature if they brought hints as to their general location back.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
If you want a picture of the vistas for your house or room, the Sightseeing Log unlocks those.

One of my buddies basically went on a ShB log hunt a month or two back so he could get our FC house a pic of ShB's final zone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Edmond Dantes posted:

Lmao

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Actually got around to getting my second extreme trial clear last night. Probably the quickest two trials I've done, totalling 3 lockouts for the two first-clears.

Wild fights though, had a good time learning them. If anyone is new or hasn't wanted to get into the "hard" difficulty stuff, I'd say now is the time to try. There are a couple rough spots in both fights, but the first is extremely generous with deaths, and the second can play almost entirely just following the leader for the harder mechanics.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Eimi posted:

FFXIV has officially hit gently caress off we're full.

"Please forget you've heard about the critically-acclaimed MMO..."

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The hints made more sense before flying-- it's way easier to just fly overhead and spot a lookout point that's always there than have to walk on foot and hope to stumble across a point that's only accessible during rainy weather at 3:00 AM and has no visible marker. The hints were nice but sightseeing is much easier in a bunch of other ways since the ARR batch.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Earlier this week I started blitzing Sage to 79 just because I was curious what their Mt. Gulg weapon looked like, and the most obvious solution was to just get sage to that point since I had almost all of the armor drops anyway and could guarantee the weapon in a couple runs (I kinda hated it when I did get it tbh). Since then I’ve ended up continuing to play sage. Up to 84 right now. It’s fun! I’m sure this is true for Scholar too, but I really like how fast shields can come out now. As I’ve gotten my feet wet with the job I’ve had a few instances where I had to clutch out some shields that I know for sure wouldn’t have caught the damage I was trying to mitigate in Shadowbringers, but now I put them up and a mere moment later the damage goes out and I see them wear off. It’s awesome.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Vitamean posted:

Earlier this week I started blitzing Sage to 79 just because I was curious what their Mt. Gulg weapon looked like, and the most obvious solution was to just get sage to that point since I had almost all of the armor drops anyway and could guarantee the weapon in a couple runs (I kinda hated it when I did get it tbh). Since then I’ve ended up continuing to play sage. Up to 84 right now. It’s fun! I’m sure this is true for Scholar too, but I really like how fast shields can come out now. As I’ve gotten my feet wet with the job I’ve had a few instances where I had to clutch out some shields that I know for sure wouldn’t have caught the damage I was trying to mitigate in Shadowbringers, but now I put them up and a mere moment later the damage goes out and I see them wear off. It’s awesome.

Speaking of Sage weapons, I feel like all of them are at least a bit disappointing. I wish the 89 ones dyed better, and I honestly don't like any of the non-Wing types.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Give Sage a moogle weapon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The 85 dungeon sage weapon looks pretty cool but it it's bold enough that it may be hard to work into an existing glamour.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Would the moogles shoot the lasers out their eyes, mouth, or rear end?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the cryptlurker nouliths and imperial wings are both good as hell

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

Well since there are four of them, one of each plus one that shoots from the head-pom.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

make or break for sage, personally, will be if the dragonsong war weapon is cool or not

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Venuz Patrol posted:

the cryptlurker nouliths and imperial wings are both good as hell

Yeah the Cryptlurker ones work well with my glam.

I also like the ones from Dohn Mheg, and there's a crafted set with some purple effects that look good. Can't remember the name.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wrong thread

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I mean the Chondrite ones are right there.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I also like the ones from Dohn Mheg, and there's a crafted set with some purple effects that look good. Can't remember the name.

I like the Cryptlurker ones in theory and as their own thing, but they feel a bit too non-tech. I like the high-tech look of the AF ones. Also I like how the Wings are while sheathed, the Pendulum and Milpreve types don't look as cool on my back imo.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean the Chondrite ones are right there.

lmao

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kazy posted:

I like the Cryptlurker ones in theory and as their own thing, but they feel a bit too non-tech. I like the high-tech look of the AF ones. Also I like how the Wings are while sheathed, the Pendulum and Milpreve types don't look as cool on my back imo.

My Sage glamour looks pretty rough so I like the dirty, wrapped up look of the Cryptlurkers.

I think it's cool how there are at least three styles of sheathed nouliths. Some line up, like ////, some cross like wings, //\\, and some make an X or clover shape.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Speaking of, how are people liking sage now that they've had time with it? My first 90 was SUM, but I cannot ever get SCH to work for me as a healer and I'm looking to level either my 80 WHM or sage. Sge seems interesting from the handful of Dungeons I've done, but I'm not as intricately familiar with it as I am whm so I don't really know one way or the other.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of, how are people liking sage now that they've had time with it? My first 90 was SUM, but I cannot ever get SCH to work for me as a healer and I'm looking to level either my 80 WHM or sage. Sge seems interesting from the handful of Dungeons I've done, but I'm not as intricately familiar with it as I am whm so I don't really know one way or the other.

I've been maining Astro since 3.0, and with both at 90, Sage is making me rethink that. It might just be the new job experience, but they feel like a very streamlined, well thought out job. They're extremely oGCD based, and their shields are instant casts, so they facilitate even more movement and quicker responses than Scholar.

And to be perfectly frank, having a gap closer on a healer is so fun.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think it's the 81 crafted wings. They're kind of a nice understated look with purple gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

hazardousmouse posted:

Yes