Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Why do Demi-Bahamut/Phoenix have increased emnity?

I’m not entirely positive but I think this is actually just saying the enmity from them are redirected to you and is just worded the worst way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, the sage stuff doesn't have to be high-tech in aesthetic, since we've learned that nouliths are basically just telekinetically-controlled wands.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Moonward Milpreves amuse me because they're Amano beads.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hogama posted:

we've found them. the phlegma balls.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of, how are people liking sage now that they've had time with it? My first 90 was SUM, but I cannot ever get SCH to work for me as a healer and I'm looking to level either my 80 WHM or sage. Sge seems interesting from the handful of Dungeons I've done, but I'm not as intricately familiar with it as I am whm so I don't really know one way or the other.

from the perspective of someone who's only done story content + exdr as sage: this is easier than whm to carry bad groups as long as you don't freak out and start mashing buttons

I basically brute forced the last trial despite everyone else in my group intensely craving death by hammering instant cast shields on everyone while running out of aoes and dungeons are mostly smashing that aoe button, panhaima the tank for the first wall pull after the boss / at the start -> haima the tank for the second wall pull, kerachole for regen every time you can and soteira on really sketchy pulls and you barely have to even remember your other moves, worst case scenario is you have to pad the tanks damage reduction after kerachole with taurochole and if your tank really sucks you can just pelt him with instant shields until enough mobs die that you can start aoeing again (this gives you full toxikon charges for the next pull so you can blast the mobs en route to the wall with cool laser beams)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

:)

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I have acquired the chainsaw axe from the 83 dungeon

Yep, WAR has the best weapon ever now, I have spoken

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was disappointed the WHM and BLM staves didn't have saws or moving parts on them.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I like to imagine the whm and blm staves are just pipes you ripped off of the wall since why does the the big boy garlean base have magic casting weapons anyway

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sage is cool and fun, though I'll probably never get the absolute maximum output from it since I'm not exactly a "think three steps ahead" kind of gamer. Luckily the prep work for most content is pretty straightforward and extremely effective. One thing to watch out for is getting too used to Kerachole having a regen, since when you sync down it'll stop doing that.

I have to admit I'm kind of curious how the "don't you dare ever dps as a healer" genre of tank players will react to sage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My only previous experience with real healing is WHM, and that was mostly limited to dungeons. I kinda never got into SCH, and avoided the shield stance on AST when I could. Sage is surprising fun, pre-shielding the tank feels really satisfying, but I'm still not great at dealing with panic situations and turn into a bit of a "press something!" mindset.

How much you can do quickly with Sage might make it hard for me to go back to WHM though. The only thing I don't like is the GCD blocking me from activating Eukrasia - it makes getting a shield up quickly feel kind of stressful since I'll sometimes try to Eukrasia too fast, then end up starting to casing a diagnosis. Also sometimes I have the brain dumbs/muscle memory gently caress up and mix up casting my Dot and my shield since they're on 1 and alt+1 respectively, and both need to be proceeded by Eukrasia.

Aesthetically I particularly dig it, and personally I want more gear/weapon that lean into the techy vibes. The current weapon glam options leave me wanting. Chondrite is funny, but a bit too chunky for what I'm going for. (Or at least, I wish I could dye them.)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

someone mentioned this earlier but I really want a moggle mog sage weapon, except I want them to be a bunch of moogles that do a kamehameha every time you shoot your lasers

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My Sage glamour looks pretty rough so I like the dirty, wrapped up look of the Cryptlurkers.

I think it's cool how there are at least three styles of sheathed nouliths. Some line up, like ////, some cross like wings, //\\, and some make an X or clover shape.

The rebar tuning fork look is really cool.

I like the Palaka Pendulums a lot too, they're luminescent green glass with a sort of peacock feather appearance that looks extremely 1920s to me, they really stand out.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Vitamean posted:

I like to imagine the whm and blm staves are just pipes you ripped off of the wall since why does the the big boy garlean base have magic casting weapons anyway

Garlean has caster weapons because while true born Garleans cannot channel magic, the foreign auxiliaries they pick up do. They've had handfuls of white and black mages in their ranks since 2.0.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I just like the Gundam wings. :v:

Also, give us a Sage mount that'll let us fly using the Nouliths. Perma-holos.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

DeathSandwich posted:

Garlean has caster weapons because while true born Garleans cannot channel magic, the foreign auxiliaries they pick up do. They've had handfuls of white and black mages in their ranks since 2.0.

Also true born Garleans can wield magic, they just need external sources of Aether because they’re like Thancred.

So for example, Zenos big dumb loving golf bag let’s him do Aetheric Samurai techniques.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kazy posted:

I just like the Gundam wings. :v:

Also, give us a Sage mount that'll let us fly using the Nouliths. Perma-holos.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lili_mdoki/status/1468876727648944134?t=9yzZsUC9rOV71DILEGKNqw&s=19

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of, how are people liking sage now that they've had time with it? My first 90 was SUM, but I cannot ever get SCH to work for me as a healer and I'm looking to level either my 80 WHM or sage. Sge seems interesting from the handful of Dungeons I've done, but I'm not as intricately familiar with it as I am whm so I don't really know one way or the other.

I am not a healer main, but I've levelled all of them to 80, including Sage, and Sage is my favorite for sure. It's the one that feels the most satisfying to play. The aesthetic, from spells to gear, is top-notch. Mechanically it's removed a lot of the friction that exists on the other healers so it's a very smooth experience. At least in terms of dungeon running, it's got an amazing tool kit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I got the feeling SCH is better with oh-poo poo buttons, but SGE's blackest night-like mechanic is very cool

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vitamean posted:

For conscripts, obviously. There are plenty of non-Garleans among the ranks who can use magic, you see them all the time on the front lines. The only place where it's purebloods-only is the highest echelons of leadership, regular soldiers can be from wherever.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hogama posted:

I'm pretty sure they're meant to be miniature Dalamuds, actually. That's what they looked like to me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean the Chondrite ones are right there.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Exactly. Plus it's hilarious with the Omega glam, like gently caress this I'm just ripping some machine guns off a tank, gently caress you.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also true born Garleans can wield magic, they just need external sources of Aether because they’re like Thancred.

So for example, Zenos big dumb loving golf bag let’s him do Aetheric Samurai techniques.

He also had the even more deranged tactic as a youngster of stabbing his palm with an aether crystal while wielding a sword to cast sword beams.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ProfNJ_/status/1471528734280892422?t=3hQ7YsUzW7eDdoPff5umhw&s=19

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Got ROG to 30 and unlocked NIN and did Satasha as an ARC so I could use Roulettes with it. I certainly did not expect that I ran into probably the most weirdest tank I've encountered.

Basically, the tank didn't respond in chat, moved in an incredibly janky manner, only use the single target attacks and even then, if it wasn't actually standing around while the rest of the party did the actual fighting. The only explanation was that it was a bot or something which is a rare thing to see considering it had an actual (but silly) name instead of a string of random letters and the fact that it showed up on a Duty at all. Anyway, the rest of the party (including me) voted the tank out and got another one that was an actual player and knew how to Tank. We've pretty much breezed past through Satasha with ease thanks to him.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

let's check in on how the official forums are doing, shall we?

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/1471570836792479749

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Pikavangelist posted:

Can't lose a fight if nobody wants to fight you

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pyro Jack posted:

Got ROG to 30 and unlocked NIN and did Satasha as an ARC so I could use Roulettes with it. I certainly did not expect that I ran into probably the most weirdest tank I've encountered.

Basically, the tank didn't respond in chat, moved in an incredibly janky manner, only use the single target attacks and even then, if it wasn't actually standing around while the rest of the party did the actual fighting. The only explanation was that it was a bot or something which is a rare thing to see considering it had an actual (but silly) name instead of a string of random letters and the fact that it showed up on a Duty at all. Anyway, the rest of the party (including me) voted the tank out and got another one that was an actual player and knew how to Tank. We've pretty much breezed past through Satasha with ease thanks to him.

Could be a bot, but also occasionally it's somebody's five year old that they dropped into a dungeon to keep the kid occupied while they take a smoke break.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol I rolled credits last night and popped out into a room with like a dozen people to talk to and I just noped out and went fishing

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pikavangelist posted:

I decided to check the official forums for similar lunatic posts and... geez. There's just so much self imposed misery over there that it isn't even fun to laugh at it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i legitimately cannot believe that i forgot Godbert Manderville is fuckin' santa claus

the funniest part about this is he's wearing one

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

hazardousmouse posted:

Lol I rolled credits last night and popped out into a room with like a dozen people to talk to and I just noped out and went fishing

Same.

On a related note, thankfully someone in here reminded me that shout chat could be turn off. The Zone 6 chat of a thousand people waiting 17+ (!!) hours for a whacky monkey cheese random mount was killing the vibe, what with everyone trying to one up the other with puns, ALL CAPS, and similar cringeworthy goofiness.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Really sucks that you can't loving enter houses anymore.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

central dogma posted:

Same.

On a related note, thankfully someone in here reminded me that shout chat could be turn off. The Zone 6 chat of a thousand people waiting 17+ (!!) hours for a whacky monkey cheese random mount was killing the vibe, what with everyone trying to one up the other with puns, ALL CAPS, and similar cringeworthy goofiness.
To be fair that mount is incredibly good. But not wait 36 hours good.

I world hopped early in the morning and hit two spawns when they were at the very end of their spawn window.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Thundarr posted:

I decided to check the official forums for similar lunatic posts and... geez. There's just so much self imposed misery over there that it isn't even fun to laugh at it.

To post is to suffer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

central dogma posted:

Same.

Hates the music, hates the level checker mount...Jesus this guy!!!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

SettingSun posted:

To be fair that mount is incredibly good. But not wait 36 hours good.

I world hopped early in the morning and hit two spawns when they were at the very end of their spawn window.

You know, you're right. A mount can be "whacky" and good at the same time. But the sheer amount of time people are camping for it is mind boggling.

^^ The Christian rock power ballad was just the icing on the cake!

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

central dogma posted:

You know, you're right. A mount can be "whacky" and good at the same time. But the sheer amount of time people are camping for it is mind boggling.

I kind of want it for rare mount shininess' sake, but I know I'm still going to be riding my sparkle dog so it would be a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think YoshiP advised that if people wanted to gpose with their NPCs, they could go to the less populated third instance of a zone and that may help with the final zone.