Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
perfidious leftists!!! how could they do this to joe!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1471519655101620229?s=20

this is the kind of analytic mind The Economist pays top dollar for

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god that second tweet should be grounds for execution

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i say swears online posted:

oh my god that second tweet should be grounds for execution

Why is president who canceled the freeze on student loan repayment getting negative ratings with under 40?

hard to guess what's going on.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Mike the TV posted:

Can't wait to buy an EV and have the next administration rip out every public charger in the country in 3 years

The GOP uses their stranglehold on power to ban all vehicles that don't roll coal.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1471519655101620229?s=20

this is the kind of analytic mind The Economist pays top dollar for

drat kids. nothing is progressive enough for them.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

etalian posted:

Why is president who canceled the freeze on student loan repayment getting negative ratings with under 40?

hard to guess what's going on.

What if Biden raises interest rates on student loans by 10% across the board? Maybe that'll help the economy and stop these young people from complaining

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

massive drop with the "young" where young is described as literally everyone under the age of 44 lol

just a mere 2/3 of the US had a 50 point drop in approval for joe "infrastructure" biden

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RC Cola posted:

What if Biden raises interest rates on student loans by 10% across the board? Maybe that'll help the economy and stop these young people from complaining

a 16.8% rate would start accruing more interest than I gross in a year. I would become a terrorist lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I think it's not just student loans, which is materially relevant for college educated under-40s. And wouldn't be this slow, steady decline rather than suddenly right now.

It's the entire dem absence of conviction. Everyone sees it.

Even their loving January 6 obsession is half assed, and they aren't using executive authority to arrest tromp, just some lovely procedural subpoenas.

They won't do anything and blame you for it.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Stereotype posted:

drat kids. nothing is progressive enough for them.

why do the young disapprove of this demented old conservative rapist who hates young people????

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ikanreed posted:

I think it's not just student loans, which is materially relevant for college educated under-40s. And wouldn't be this slow, steady decline rather than suddenly right now.

Even their loving January 6 obsession is half assed, and they aren't using executive authority to arrest tromp, just some lovely procedural subpoenas.

Obama did a much better job of pretending he gave a poo poo

ACA sucked but at least it was a policy. The one thing Biden actually did (leave Afghanistan) was relentlessly poo poo on by his colleagues and the media

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

It doesn't help that we decided to commit one last war crime for old times sake

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my favorite thing about afghanistan is the UK enabling the suicide bomber at the airport gate

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ikanreed posted:

I think the media overplayed their hand with all the negative coverage of the Afghanistan withdrawal, leading directly into openly questioning Biden's senility in public. That opened the door for everyone to start complaining about the Biden administration - and it's just been betrayal after humiliation ever since then. All the weak scolding from Democrat dead enders is only making it worse.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The funniest thing would be if Republicans campaign on the fact that Biden stiffed the people on their checks.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The funniest thing would be if Republicans campaign on the fact that Biden stiffed the people on their checks.

Hell, I'll be disappointed if they don't

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it really is amazing that the turning point in public perception for this administration is the one good thing that's happened in thirty years

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Democrat Party doubled childhood poverty

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

gay_crimes posted:

why do the young disapprove of this demented old conservative rapist who hates young people????

Wow he only openly says he has no sympathy for young people all the time stop putting words in his mouth

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
wow! president manchin!!

https://twitter.com/dino_grandoni/s...ingawful.com%2F

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

aw come on man, don't do it! please, we're begging ya! don't do it man, come on! boy I'm really gonna hate it if you do that. aw geez look you're signing it and everything. well, guess I have to pass it.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

ikanreed posted:

Everyone under 50 is getting pissed because the Democrats aren't doing anything for the future.

Y'know that Social Security that took care of your grandparents and your parents? gently caress you, you don't get that.

Y'know that universal healthcare that everyone you meet from Europe gets and the US can afford? gently caress you, you don't get that.

You want your kids to be able to go to college without having to be used and abused by the Army? gently caress you, you don't get that.

You want any kind of social service that isn't going to be implemented at some indeterminate time in the future and isn't at the whims of your state's Republican legislature? gently caress you, you don't get that.

And if the solution to the last one is to elect Democrats to the state house, well, if I had that kind of power then the rest wouldn't matter.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nothus posted:

Paying your fair share of road and bridge maintenance is punishment?

No it's specifically a punitive tax to dissuade people from buying electric vehicles. Like that's the stated intent of the drafters lol

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It's a good thing that Joe knows how to reach across the aisle and win over a few republicans to get these bills passed

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Business Gorillas posted:

No it's specifically a punitive tax to dissuade people from buying electric vehicles. Like that's the stated intent of the drafters lol

I thought it was to make up for the taxes for road maintenance that would not be paid from buying gas but I could believe this too since it would be easier to pass with this phrasing.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
why why why why why why why

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

smug jeebus posted:

It's a good thing that Joe knows how to reach across the aisle and win over a few republicans to get these bills passed

I wonder if he like, wakes up surprised and confused each morning that this isn't happening. After all those decades of hard work cementing comity and relationships.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
look fat, SALT, acid, heat

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Very cool that everything is a culture war now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Very cool that everything is a culture war now.

astronaut shooting astronaut dot jay peg

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

What the gently caress.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/WaPoSean/status/1471557994437566471?t=l1UADx6O5YfKCWAnsTY7IQ&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow what can't this guy do huh? Literally anything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't young.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NMalliotakis/status/1471558921076846594?t=m8nQoZyt5JcVHLhUjDPQdg&s=19

lol lmao

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I think the Dems are guaranteed to lose 50 seats. That's a lock. Dems are losing popularity, also there is gerrymandering, suppression, etc.

But there is also a new 'chaos factor' in which elections are not certified, votes 'disappear', etc., like blatant fascist stuff. This could make them lose even more. Any reasonable person would give a broad estimate of seats lost, perhaps 50-100 imo.

also, lol:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CongoJack posted:

I thought it was to make up for the taxes for road maintenance that would not be paid from buying gas but I could believe this too since it would be easier to pass with this phrasing.

Lol, road damage is overwhelmingly caused by freight transit, and other "heavy duty" vehicles.

Gas taxes exist almost exclusively to create anti tax resentment.

They should exist to disincentivize fossil fuel use, but are way way way way way way too low for that.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
all new cars should have a massive tax associated with them. we already have enough cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Lol, road damage is overwhelmingly caused by freight transit, and other "heavy duty" vehicles.

Gas taxes exist almost exclusively to create anti tax resentment.

They should exist to disincentivize fossil fuel use, but are way way way way way way too low for that.

electric vehicles are heavy duty vehicles

there's some physics thing where doubling the weight of a vehicle increases the damage it does to a road by like 16x

electric vehicles are like 2-4 times heavier than non-electric vehicles because batteries are really heavy compared to internal combustion engines

that abomination of an electric hummer biden was driving around the other week weighs like 9 tons

e: of course not to say that an anti-electric-vehicle tax actually makes sense, just saying