Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Our about-to-be-born daughter will have British and two EU citizenships eventually but I fully expect to spend most of 2022 sorting all the paperwork

Don't put it off. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Please do not squat on the floor in joggers going malakamalakamalaka near anything that I am going to eat thanks in advance

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

If by "sorting all the paperwork" you mean "changing nappies" then yeah

Pooperwork

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
No wait I've got an even better one

Poopoowee

Please accept this as my final answer

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

he is a bad president

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Barry Foster posted:

Thank you. Sincerely. I have to admit I felt pretty hurt/ashamed when all that went down last week, but I genuinely appreciate it

Absolutely no need to feel ashamed or anything mate. I think you were being realistic but I can understand that being too negative ITT (even if it's based on reasonable assumptions) can make some people anxious. I sometimes have to dial it back a bit in terms of being too doompilled re: covid and climate change stuff.

Edit:

Seen some people have been making cheese. I made ricotta recently, because I forgot to buy any and I'd already started cooking an already fairly involved meal so thought "gently caress it, I have cream and milk and citric acid, I'll make some". Was fun, and turned out well. Also, if you do make cheese, save the whey liquid and use it in soup - adds a nice, slightly tangy flavour (it's used by lots of commercial soup makers including Campbell's in some of their recipes).

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 16, 2021

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

happyhippy posted:

Its so bad in their town they are thinking of closing the schools tomorrow for christmas

Wales announced this a few days ago, schools will close from tomorrow.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Please do not squat on the floor in joggers going malakamalakamalaka near anything that I am going to eat thanks in advance

Wtf do you expect me to wear then? :argh:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My lad has been officially put on the incapable for work list but as a added bit of torture, as a treat, we won't know what money he will be entitled to for another 7 working days.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
That's like next year isn't it?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

WhatEvil posted:

Absolutely no need to feel ashamed or anything mate. I think you were being realistic but I can understand that being too negative ITT (even if it's based on reasonable assumptions) can make some people anxious. I sometimes have to dial it back a bit in terms of being too doompilled re: covid and climate change stuff.

Edit:

Seen some people have been making cheese. I made ricotta recently, because I forgot to buy any and I'd already started cooking an already fairly involved meal so thought "gently caress it, I have cream and milk and citric acid, I'll make some". Was fun, and turned out well. Also, if you do make cheese, save the whey liquid and use it in soup - adds a nice, slightly tangy flavour (it's used by lots of commercial soup makers including Campbell's in some of their recipes).

You can also use whey in bread.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That's like next year isn't it?

January 1st

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well, I'm content. Cards all sent off, presents all bought, just need a delivery to arrive at the weekend & I can batten down the hatches & not leave the house except to go to the grocery shop & for my booster next Wednesday.

15 year old me is amazed I could possibly be this organised. Actually now I think about it, 27 year old me would be pretty impressed too because I have horrible memories of going shopping on Buchanan Street on Christmas Eve an hour or so before I got the train north to Inverness to spend time with the folks.

Do we have any gin drinkers? Coz I know gently caress all about it but ended up getting a bottle of Ben Lomond. Is it any good or will my sister curse me for my poor taste?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bored in work today I was browsing books on Amazon and gently caress me there is a huge industry in people writing books about how "the left" has lost its way and how "wokeism" is destroying the western world. I read the blurbs and reviews and it seems most of them were written after the author spent a handful of days on twitter. Saw noting in the other direction.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is that the same industry that's furiously buying up wheelbarrows full of each other's books to throw in a landfill so they get to be on the NYT bestseller list?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

forkboy84 posted:

Cards all sent off, presents all bought,
Scab.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"The woke left can't tell the difference between their online echo chambers and reality," I write, citing exclusively tweets about the 69 genders from accounts with a dozen tweets, 6 followers (all with Pepe/maga avs) and "hard left, pro-Corbyn anti-Semites, pronouns fe/fi/fo/fum" in their bio.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dabir posted:

Is that the same industry that's furiously buying up wheelbarrows full of each other's books to throw in a landfill so they get to be on the NYT bestseller list?

Maybe, there were a mix of British and U.S. books. Books like The Madness of Crowds and some American book complaining about how PC culture was uprooting the western world through its roots in post modern neo Marixism.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

"The woke left can't tell the difference between their online echo chambers and reality," I write, citing exclusively tweets about the 69 genders from accounts with a dozen tweets, 6 followers (all with Pepe/maga avs) and "hard left, pro-Corbyn anti-Semites, pronouns fe/fi/fo/fum" in their bio.

I think it's something like that and watching debate bros go at it. When I think of being PC I just want good wheelchair access for everyone.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Nice of the chancellor to fly back and eat at literally every restaurant to keep the sector afloat.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

forkboy84 posted:

Do we have any gin drinkers? Coz I know gently caress all about it but ended up getting a bottle of Ben Lomond. Is it any good or will my sister curse me for my poor taste?

Well, I have not had any Ben Lomond, but if I am at all representative of gin drinkers, anything vaguely ginlike is fine once there's lemon and tonic in it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh dear me posted:

Well, I have not had any Ben Lomond, but if I am at all representative of gin drinkers, anything vaguely ginlike is fine once there's lemon and tonic in it.

My mother drinks a lot of gin and she will drink anything with alcohol in it, so this is also my impression of gin drinkers because gin is utterly disgusting as far as I am concerned :v:

The explosion in recent years (figurative rather than literal) of gin production really always puts me in mind of the old woodcuts because it all tastes absolutely horrible and I can only conceive of drinking it out of desperation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some people think that they can avoid showering by spraying on strong perfume.

Gin is that but for spirits.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i know a guy that runs a gin company and wins loads of awards for how good it is and i am not going to recommend it as I can't stand his success!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

My mother drinks a lot of gin and she will drink anything with alcohol in it, so this is also my impression of gin drinkers because gin is utterly disgusting as far as I am concerned :v:

The explosion in recent years (figurative rather than literal) of gin production really always puts me in mind of the old woodcuts because it all tastes absolutely horrible and I can only conceive of drinking it out of desperation.

As Dylan Moran said, gin isn't a drink, it's internal mascara remover.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/decolonialcommi/status/1471597848575811587?s=19

Labour friends of Apartheid

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Labour friends of Apartheid

Not in those words but that was a thing at one point too.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wild horses could not make me vote Labour while that oval office is in charge.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Wild horses could not make me vote Labour while that oval office is in charge.

Ditto. This has finally decided me.
Appalling to throw Palestinians under a bus like this.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
I would eagerly vote for wild horses, want to see the tramplings

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

be excellent to one another

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/markhutchings1/status/1471601051304353795

Freshly publicised guidance/restrictions for Wales, if anybody's interested.

Seems as sensible as it's possible to realistically get at this point, given we seem to be in a situation (across the UK) of 'we're never going back to full lockdowns even though we probably should be strongly considering it'.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

NotJustANumber99 posted:

be excellent to one another
*terms and conditions apply

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If you catch covid remember to wank to boost your immune system or find someone else with covid to make love to

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/markhutchings1/status/1471601051304353795

Freshly publicised guidance/restrictions for Wales, if anybody's interested.

Seems as sensible as it's possible to realistically get at this point, given we seem to be in a situation (across the UK) of 'we're never going back to full lockdowns even though we probably should be strongly considering it'.

It doesn't mention pubs as such but we are assuming we'll be going back to seated only/table service etc. Rule of six possibly

Though if cases keep rising as they are a last minute Xmas cancel like last time wouldn't surprise me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

If you catch covid remember to wank to boost your immune system or find someone else with covid to make love to

is there a filter on grindr?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Communist Thoughts posted:

Surely you should be wanking before you get Covid in that case. Just wanking all the time. Helps with social distancing too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Surely you should be wanking before you get Covid in that case. Just wanking all the time. Helps with social distancing too.

Darren this doesn't excuse what you did and also you still have to wear your mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Zinc is actually the cure for covid, and you're saying people should just squirt it out of their body? GLOBALIST!