Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Sorry for cutting it close, but both main round gifts have been shipped with alleged arrival dates of this Saturday.

Of course, the special wrapping paper I got for Santee #1 arrived right after I finished boxing everything up. When they receive their box, I'll post it and they can pretend everything was wrapped with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sounta knocked it out of the park :swoon:

I am a massive massive hidden movement fan, and this one was on my To Buy list for Christmas.
ooooh I'm very excited about getting this to the table

Hidden movement shelf looking jam packed :allears:

And a card!

All Hail the Dark Lord Sounta

(I don't know if this is my First or Lighting Round Santa)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 15, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something just got delivered but I had to leave it to get a COVID test.

Came back after 2 hours and I open it and find this:

Just what is needed in these times: A Plague Doctor, his bandit buddies and a camping site to isolate myself for a day while waiting for results. Will be perfect for The Silver Bayonet and Rangers of Shadow Deep. Also works for clutter for Oathmark and Bolt Action. Thank you Santa!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Comstar posted:

Something just got delivered but I had to leave it to get a COVID test.

Came back after 2 hours and I open it and find this:

Just what is needed in these times: A Plague Doctor, his bandit buddies and a camping site to isolate myself for a day while waiting for results. Will be perfect for The Silver Bayonet and Rangers of Shadow Deep. Also works for clutter for Oathmark and Bolt Action. Thank you Santa!

Glad it hit the mark - I had Rangers in mind when I was picking things, but happy to hear it'll have some wider utility too!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Sounta knocked it out of the park :swoon:

I am a massive massive hidden movement fan, and this one was on my To Buy list for Christmas.
ooooh I'm very excited about getting this to the table

Hidden movement shelf looking jam packed :allears:

And a card!

All Hail the Dark Lord Sounta

First round Santa!

Sorry for my abysmal penmanship, I touch computers for a living and so the ancient art of handwriting is forever lost to me. ;)

Hope you have a blast with it, Merry Christmas!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Two items of cheer arrived! Firstly, a deck-building game about building the best fort, with pizza and toys!

And what's in that neatly-wrapped package?

Why an expansion pack that adds cats and dogs! So of course it had to be inspected by Sinister, just in case a real cat had snuck in with it.

Then came a knock-knock-knocking on my door again, this time bringing–

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK74EaLcwDU

–shut it, Ramba.

This is indeed a Zaku! With a light-up eye.

It shall guard the cheer from all comers, at least until a Gundam shows up.

These are both fantastic gifts, and I can't wait to get Fort to the table.

Thank you, Santas! Thantas!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

First round Santa!

Sorry for my abysmal penmanship, I touch computers for a living and so the ancient art of handwriting is forever lost to me. ;)

Hope you have a blast with it, Merry Christmas!

Cheers mate, I absolutely can't wait to play it - my players and I are fiends for hidden movement.

The card was lovely as well, and greatly appreciated.

:boonie:

DigitalRaven posted:

Two items of cheer arrived! Firstly, a deck-building game about building the best fort, with pizza and toys!

And what's in that neatly-wrapped package?

Why an expansion pack that adds cats and dogs! So of course it had to be inspected by Sinister, just in case a real cat had snuck in with it.

This was I for LR5! Merry Christmas mate.

You looked like you enjoyed cards and quick light games, and Fort is a cheeky little drafting game with a LOT of charm to it that doesn't overstay its welcome.

I have not grabbed the expansion myself, but now you have the complete set because it's Christmas!

quote:

Thank you, Santas! Thantas!

Thanks reference. Theference.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Just sent an angry email to my Lightning Round 2 shop asking for updates on shipping. Reminder to not use Etsy for time-sensitive gifts. :|

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

It's two different Santa's! There's another part that's coming later.

Thank you Aramoro for the Blood Bowl Widow!

I have also confirmed that the second box was actually NOT involved in this, so just one gift in that post.

Also also, the first part (of two) of my LR5 gift has arrived per Amazon, but I haven't seen a post, so I hope they delivered it to the right place :ohdear:

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 15, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR5 1st gift of 2 said delivered today. Fingers crossed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Infinitum posted:

neither do I! I hope I find out!

thegodofchuck posted:

Thank you Aramoro for the Blood Bowl Widow!

I have also confirmed that the second box was actually NOT involved in this, so just one gift in that post.

Also also, the first part (of two) of my LR5 gift has arrived per Amazon, but I haven't seen a post, so I hope they delivered it to the right place :ohdear:

You're not in LR5, so I'll assume you meant LR4 here. Also great to hear half that mystery cleared up!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't want to say too much, so I'll just say that there's more coming in for Chuck, and once that comes in, it should be obvious. We're still waiting on that however

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Received the gifts from my santee and will update this post with photos as soon as I have the chance this evening!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Received two deliveries, presumably LR5. Will arrange photos when time allows.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Received first half of LR4 gifts, just waiting to get the last bit before posting it!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
second dispatch (part 3) of my santa's presents is in the mail, the usps assures me that will be there thursday. They already got 1/3, the other piece amazon assures me will be there friday.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Received a mystery box in the mail and inside was a solo or coop adventure-type RPG game!

Played a bit and it feels very much like an adventure book but more open-ended, which is awesome.

I think this is the second part Nemesis Of Moles was talking about so thank you! I love these types of games!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You're very welcome!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
LR4 shipped today
LR5 has been ordered but hadn’t shipped yet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys are doing so good. There's only about 8 gifts from the main round still in transit.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Etsy Man says shipping should happen this week. I'm giving it until the 21st before I blow my cover and send the person a gift card for waiting so long :v

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

rydiafan posted:

There was a package in my mailbox! Apparently it's been there for a few days, because the carrier hand delivered my mail yesterday due to a certified letter and the day before was Sunday. I must've just missed it in the mailbox Saturday.

Oh, Q was involved. Nevermind, he probably just sent it backwards through time to gently caress with me and my Santa. Through Q all things are possible, so jot that down.

The camera doesn't really do justice the how bright the edges are and how the color shifts in the light. They're super cool!

Thanks, Gau!

I'm so glad these got to you (and that you like them)! The leather case is locally produced and I figure every gamer needs pretty dice.

With the USPS being what it is lately, I figured invoking a godlike entity for delivery assistance couldn't hurt...

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
OK, I think I get the joke now, which is that everyone is getting me

Treemen! Lots and lots of treemen, so I have a forest of treemen. There might be some witty pun involved too, but if so I can't see the forest for the treemen.

But this treeman came bearing gold!

Burning Wheel Gold! (that's my Santa's joke)

Thanks Santa moths!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Okay, I can finally explain the joke:

Treemen came, bearing Burning Wheel Gold, Frank N. Stein, and myrrh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hedningen posted:

:ibadpop:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That took some coordination: Tree Wisemen!

Glad you enjoyed!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Got my present today, a whole bunch of weird Asian treats that I can't wait to dig into (crab chips, milk coconut/Taro sweets, a bag of candies shaped like dicks, etc), a collection of souvenirs from Florida, which now make me regret not putting something from my town for my giftee, and a copy of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, which I lol forward to playing with my gf. Thanks Santa!

Edit: oh! Almost forgot the skull-and-crossbones cloth that I quite like

Wow
Somehow I missed, you posting this.
I'm glad you liked the selection of stuff.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finally, I've been sitting on that pun for what feels like forever without being able to say 😂

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Hedningen posted:

You all get a hearty groan. Thanks for your elaborate scheme. I must have ended up on Santa's naughty list to have been punished so.

I got another package, too, with no trees involved, although it still lets me point the finger at you for that joke, because I can

Blame volume 3 you for it.

Thanks, I don't know which Santa!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Cheer package away! Should be delivered tomorrow to my santee.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thegodofchuck posted:

You all get a hearty groan. Thanks for your elaborate scheme. I must have ended up on Santa's naughty list to have been punished so.

I got another package, too, with no trees involved, although it still lets me point the finger at you for that joke, because I can

Blame volume 3 you for it.

This might be... 4th round? Or more main round stuff, hell I don't know

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A package came today! In it were two fancy bags.

Kaya is inspecting them, in case they're full of dog treats.

Jorji Costava, meanwhile, is just annoyed his perch has been stolen from him.

A board game and its expansion, you say? What could it be?

Photosynthesis! I played this a couple times at a board game gathering and really enjoyed it! I'm super happy to have this added to my collection and look forward to playing it with my wife.

Jorji, however, is just happy to have the high ground back.

Thanks, so much, Lightning Round 5 Santa! Unpacking, punching, and assembling everything was a much better use of my time then whatever I was supposed to be doing for work this afternoon.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 17, 2021

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I came down stairs and found a package! It wasn't for me! The FedEx guy rang the doorbell and asked for it back! A few minutes later the UPS guy rang the doorbell and I found a package! It was for me!

It's Azul and an expansion for it! I'm really excited to play this in real life since I've only ever done TTS for it. Thanks Santa!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I came down stairs and found a package! It wasn't for me! The FedEx guy rang the doorbell and asked for it back! A few minutes later the UPS guy rang the doorbell and I found a package! It was for me!

This is weird, because it was supposed to be delivered by FedEx.

Shipping weirdness aside, glad you like it.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 17, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

That was from me if that helps tie up which santas are still in flight.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aramoro posted:

That was from me if that helps tie up which santas are still in flight.

It does! Are all expected items from you, delivered? (I had you down as "received 1/?" which means one of unknown # of items) in the Spreadsheet of Cheer.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

This is weird, because it was supposed to be delivered by FedEx.

Shipping weirdness aside, glad you like it.

Huh, maybe he came back with the right package then. When I was out trying to flag the guy down I saw a UPS truck parked and looking confused. This new complex we live in has constant wrong deliveries lol.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Cheer deployment update:
  • LR2 other package shows delivered yesterday afternoon :)
  • LR3 package should arrive by 9 tomorrow if UPS tells the truth :ohdear:
  • LR5 was supposed to arrive today, but update today is that it’s delayed :argh:

Also just got two packages! Unboxing and photos to come soon.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

L4 says both packages are delivered today, that should be everything from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear LR5 Santa

Don't stress, Leperflesh has made me aware of The Situation and I've asked them to get you to contact me.

Shoot me a PM whenever you want and we'll sort it out.

Cheers :boonie: