Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Please stop hurting yourself and play picross s instead

Unless you plan to play every picross game, in which case you should play the s series last because you'll never be able to go back to bad picross games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I feel like they keep me slightly sharper mentally (I don't do much work with numbers these days beyond some bookkeeping at work), so yeah, I honestly probably will try to play 'em all eventually!

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Glad to see the shinespark talk as I gave up after realising my thumbs cannot do what they’re meant to do, even when following a guide. Glad they’re not necessary to enjoy the game.

Of which, I finally beat the end boss and it feels so GOOD. What an ending.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I just beat Sega Picross! More Picross?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Read After Burning posted:

I may get the Overlord Picross game, as I beat Murder by Numbers a while ago.

Maybe one day I'll graduate to non-waifu Picross. :colbert: Picross S Genesis looks cool too.

The Overlord Picross game is alright so far as it goes (I polished it off. No love or awareness of the franchise at all. Just needed more Picross), but I'd suggest mainlining the 'S' games first. Now I think on it, not a bad rule of thumb.

Need more Picross?

Question: have you exhausted all the 'S' games?
If no, then play whichever 'S' games you haven't yet.
If yes, *then* consider dipping into one of the franchise mash-ups. (Note: Murder by Numbers stands apart from this, being awesome in its own right).

Edit: "Murder by Numbers 2: Murder Harder" when?! :argh: I need more Honor Mizrahi goodness.

magimix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 16, 2021

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

loving fine, I'll download Picross already.

I played it 30 years ago so new features scare me. Should I just start with S3?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

mdemone posted:

Start with Mario Picross on the SNES app.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiife

I really need to see it like that but it rings false when I'm the one leading them into eager mouths.

I love the series and will never not play it but I hate seeing them die.

Oh wow PS5 for only 8 bucks! Sega picross doesn't seem to be on sale?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

mdemone posted:

I mean, you should play all of them. What kind of conversation is even happening here (I'm knackered okay)? Is S3 a good game? Of course! But then, I feel the same way about *all* the S games. They are, in essence, *all* the right place to start. That said, S3 is perhaps the game that cemented the ongoing form of the S games, in terms of modes.

But you should play them all. PLAY THEM ALL :argh:

*cough*

Sorry...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

When you've finished all the picross s games, just erase your saves and start over, it's not like you're going to remember the solutions

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

flavor.flv posted:

When you've finished all the picross s games, just erase your saves and start over, it's not like you're going to remember the solutions

Well now you've somehow turned me off the whole thing

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 22, 2021

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the s series is good but my favorite picrosses are like ... the huge ones. and the s series doesn't have those from what I can tell

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
S7 has 5 30x30 puzzles but other than that they max out at 20x15, with the majority of puzzles being 15x15.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Im still on p3...but im def gonna play these eventually...hmm

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
nothing brings this thread together like picross :unsmith:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
are any of the picross s puzzles reused from the 3ds picross e games? I felt a certain sense of deja vu while playing but I’m not sure if I’m just deluded

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

nothing brings this thread together like picross :unsmith:

Picross loving owns

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What is a picross?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

American McGay posted:

S7 has 5 30x30 puzzles but other than that they max out at 20x15, with the majority of puzzles being 15x15.

yeah I like ones that are like ... 50x50 at least. picross s rules though and everyone should play them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
All due respect but you're not really playing Picross anymore at that point.

What I'm trying to say is that you're a nasty little freak and your personal preferences seriously disgust me.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Finally picked up Monster Sanctuary cos of the massive sale. Hope it's good!

Also if anyone has played Touhou Genso Warrior Reloaded I'd be interested to hear what you thought as it's 75% off. I really only want to play it to find out what the hell Touhou is cos it's in tons of rhythm games (I also like roguelikes).

Speaking of, will be picking up the Dempagumi pack for Groove Coaster as it's on sale. Hope it's good, have no idea what this music is!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1471646839225077761?t=nxFRyTa43Gi05y8_HTSubQ&s=19

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hell yeah Dynamite Headdy rules

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Monster Sanctuary is freaking fantastic it's everything I wish Pokemon was except for like I wish I had better art and character design

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yessss, Toejam and Earl :toot:

Now I can delete the Sega Classics Collection.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have been a Dynamite Headdy fan since the early 90s and I just now realized the double D's in Headdy. :eyepop:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the deal with toenam and Earl, Everytime I see that game it's this weird dude just walking around a map

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Picked up Blasphemous and Burnout Paradise in the eShop sale today :hellyeah:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What's the deal with toenam and Earl, Everytime I see that game it's this weird dude just walking around a map

TJ&E is a roguelike. Randomly generated maps. You kinda wander around looking for ship parts. You can play with two people and it had a pretty ingenious way of doing split screen back in the day. The Lego games use the same technique. There's an excellent remake/reboot from a couple years ago that frequently goes on sale for
:fivecbux:. I believe it just got a huge new upgrade.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It's been quite a while since I've played it but IIRC that's the game. :shrug:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yessss, Toejam and Earl :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Detective No. 27 posted:

TJ&E is a roguelike. Randomly generated maps. You kinda wander around looking for ship parts. You can play with two people and it had a pretty ingenious way of doing split screen back in the day. The Lego games use the same technique. There's an excellent remake/reboot from a couple years ago that frequently goes on sale for
:fivecbux:. I believe it just got a huge new upgrade.

To add to this, it also includes:

- a random world option
- a fixed world option (same every time)
- tons of presents that have tools and abilities
- weird enemies
- neat secrets
- a boombox jam mode where you just kind of make music and play with sound effects
- a phenomenal soundtrack
- the boogeyman
- hula babes
- Santa Claus on rocket shoes
- rocket shoes

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What is a picross?

Sudoku with hentai. Right up your alley.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Motherfucking Toejam & Earl let's loving goooo, I know what I'm doing after Paper Mario now

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Truthfully the ToeJam and Earl music pits me to sleep, because it is on a playlist I play to go to sleep sometimes

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Truthfully the ToeJam and Earl music pits me to sleep, because it is on a playlist I play to go to sleep sometimes
drat you, Pavlov! :argh:

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Is resident evil 4 on switch as good as it was on GameCube?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pat Mustard posted:

It's resident evil 4.

On switch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pat Mustard posted:

Yes? It’s the exact same game. With extras from later versions even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It’s better since it has the Ada story and mercenaries (can’t remember if Gamecube had mercenaries). either way it’s more resident evil 4.