Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Right? I wonder if Iceland is accepting American refugees.

I feel like there are few enough Icelanders that we'd destroy their culture and replace it with baseball and police shootings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is it cool to just declare yourself a duke?

sure. you can't then turn down a challenge to duel, and professional duelists will kill you very shortly thereafter, but sure.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Gaius Marius posted:

There's only two acceptable dukes. those Duke boys
You mean Randolph and Mortimer?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Robobot posted:

Yeah, we all should have chosen a better country to be born in.
Collapsing Farts specifically said "if you choose to live there". If you're born there then you're in the clear (in their eyes).

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Crespolini posted:

sure. you can't then turn down a challenge to duel, and professional duelists will kill you very shortly thereafter, but sure.

It's time to d-d-d-d-

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Right? I wonder if Iceland is accepting American refugees.

They are not, they really hate foreigners.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

From my point of view, Icelanders are the foreigners

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Everyone is the foreigners on a long enough time line

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

Everyone is the foreigners on a long enough time line

Remember when people threw a shitfit because somebody published an article showing prehistoric migrants to Britain prolly had dark skin. Taking our jobs and living on benefits since 10,000 BCE.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the whole theory about the land bridge between Britain and the mainland and how it was possibly flooded in one giant catastrophe, killing pretty much everyone living on it, it pretty interesting

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember when people threw a shitfit because somebody published an article showing prehistoric migrants to Britain prolly had dark skin. Taking our jobs and living on benefits since 10,000 BCE.

I forget where I saw the article, but there was a real interesting piece about a lawsuit between scientists and a First Nations tribe about the “ownership” of a skeleton discovered on their land from like 10k years ago. There might have even been a third party involved trying to claim it. I don’t remember much, but it had a lot of info about the migration from Asia to the Americas and how those ancient peoples were related to modern humans.

It was really interesting.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If we're not supposed to rob graves they should stop burying people with loot.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aramek posted:

This was not my experience as a visitor to Iceland. Locals were intensely friendly and welcoming.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

That's because they know you're going to spend money and leave

I would imagine the reception would be different if you were moving into the neighborhood

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Captain Monkey posted:

This was not my experience as a visitor to Iceland. Locals were intensely friendly and welcoming.

That’s cause you weren’t moving there. I believe you need to eat some kind of fermented shark, split a sapling with a Viking sword, and cut the pigtail off your spouse with a thrown battle axe before they truly welcome you into the community.

Could be wrong though.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Manager Hoyden posted:

That's because they know you're going to spend money and leave

I would imagine the reception would be different if you were moving into the neighborhood

I remember talking to a woman who said that was her experience with living in France. People would say “oh you speak French so well!” and “well we’re so much better than the United States” (she was black) and would become notably colder when they found out she was currently living in France

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

You’d think they’d be happy to have someone in the neighborhood they could potentially gently caress without having to check an incest-prevention app first.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

thetoughestbean posted:

I remember talking to a woman who said that was her experience with living in France. People would say “oh you speak French so well!” and “well we’re so much better than the United States” (she was black) and would become notably colder when they found out she was currently living in France

I've experienced in multiple countries that people assume any US immigrants are the ones who love MAGA poo poo, racism, guns, and private healthcare the most of all.

Needless to say this is generally not the case unless you're talking like, big business types maybe.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
My only experience with americans is this american woman i dated a couple of times and i remember her being very good at blowjobs and she offered me drugs once

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Aramek posted:

If we're not supposed to rob graves they should stop burying people with loot.

just smh that people don't bury themselves in a tomb specifically designed for looting and adventures

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Collapsing Farts posted:

My only experience with americans is this american woman i dated a couple of times and i remember her being very good at blowjobs and she offered me drugs once

Huh, I think we dated the same woman.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah, I’ve heard that other rich countries are more xenophobic than the US and that the US’ immigration policy is more open than most

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Literally the most generous and lenient in the western world

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

christmas boots posted:

You’d think they’d be happy to have someone in the neighborhood they could potentially gently caress without having to check an incest-prevention app first.

As someone who isn't even white, I feel like I should probably use that as a pickup line at some point.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

the most annoying thing about americans is that they casually talk about weird non-weed drugs and just assume youre into them

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Man i couldn't sleep last night, good thing I had some Snorilex

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

phuo: Flossing every night is actually easy and people who make it sound like a burden are probably filled with gum disease and should be put on a plague boat of some kind to get them away from civilization

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rainbow Knight posted:

phuo: Flossing every night is actually easy and people who make it sound like a burden are probably filled with gum disease and should be put on a plague boat of some kind to get them away from civilization

Flossing is absolutely not easy, because people's hands tend to be a lot bigger than their mouths. Once you get to the back teeth it's hard as hell to get a good result.

That's why this was invented (costs a couple €, infinitely reusable with regular cheap-rear end floss):

e: People who buy the expensive single-use flossers that aren't even anywhere near long enough to be useful are complete morons.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I didn't know this was the bad opinions thread but the last 20 pages have just been getting worse and worse.

The amount of people who have the energy to disagree with blitheringly idiotic ideas like "The US is the greatest country on earth!! Make america great again!" will eventually dwindle to zero, or maybe I am underestimating goons for their penchant to blather at fools?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

^^^ just let us live lol ^^^

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Flossing is absolutely not easy, because people's hands tend to be a lot bigger than their mouths. Once you get to the back teeth it's hard as hell to get a good result.

That's why this was invented (costs a couple €, infinitely reusable with regular cheap-rear end floss):

e: People who buy the expensive single-use flossers that aren't even anywhere near long enough to be useful are complete morons.

are you a dang crocodile or what lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

silence_kit posted:

Yeah, I’ve heard that other rich countries are more xenophobic than the US and that the US’ immigration policy is more open than most

Depends on if you come from a "white country" or a "poc country"

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Rainbow Knight posted:

You say that like I didn't come here for obviously true milquetoast takes like "mayo with paprika in is better than straight mayo" rather than the white nationalist adjacent bs that people have been steering towards thusfar.

Make no mistake, these are shallow attempts to test the waters with right wing beliefs and slowly figure out how blatant they can be about them in these here forums. Like, we already know the forums are being stalked by Kiwifarms trash, we are already of Interest, for whatever dumb reason (Mostly so they can stalk trans folks). And I've already seen a dozen or so left-wing voices die down in the thread as they tire of combating this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It's troubling to me how quickly BIPOC overtook POC when the main difference between the two is that BIPOC doesn't include Asian people

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People are just really really bad at conceptualizing large numbers, see people thinking of the pyramids as something vaguely roman adjacent, or mixing up billions and trillions

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

most of humanities writing is bullshit but Bell Hooks always stood out to me as a writer of particularly tedious bullshit

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

alexandriao posted:

You say that like I didn't come here for obviously true milquetoast takes like "mayo with paprika in is better than straight mayo" rather than the white nationalist adjacent bs that people have been steering towards thusfar.

Make no mistake, these are shallow attempts to test the waters with right wing beliefs and slowly figure out how blatant they can be about them in these here forums. Like, we already know the forums are being stalked by Kiwifarms trash, we are already of Interest, for whatever dumb reason (Mostly so they can stalk trans folks). And I've already seen a dozen or so left-wing voices die down in the thread as they tire of combating this.

Ummm… like on the forums in general or just this thread?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

alexandriao posted:

are you just trying to be a stereotype or does it come naturally?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rainbow Knight posted:

are you a dang crocodile or what lol

Haha of course not haha! *nervously plays harmonica*

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

alexandriao posted:

Depends on if you come from a "white country" or a "poc country"

I don't think that is really true. The US has a lot of Asian and Hispanic immigrants.

The US immigration system is almost certainly classist, but I suspect that all immigration policies for rich countries are similar in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

alexandriao posted:

I didn't know this was the bad opinions thread but the last 20 pages have just been getting worse and worse.

The amount of people who have the energy to disagree with blitheringly idiotic ideas like "The US is the greatest country on earth!! Make america great again!" will eventually dwindle to zero, or maybe I am underestimating goons for their penchant to blather at fools?

I recommend rereading the posts you're complaining about.

edit: and maybe don't have a meltdown at the slightest bit of ribbing

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Dec 17, 2021