Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

anagram of chinese duke nukem

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cavauro posted:

reminds me of when i was thinking of writing my name down as nicholas elbach today at the hospital when i had to go to the hospital. but I put my real name since i didn't make the appointment and the person who did used my real name

False names are illegal and a felony in hospitals I am on the phone with the HIPPA police as we speak.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought police

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bad boys bad boys
whatcha gonna do
whatcha gonna do
when i think about amos zereoue (pronounced wrong to fit in with the song)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I loving hate this thread now all I can think of is Marc Bulger and amos zereoue and michigan man dandy Don nehlen and much I miss my childhood of going to games with my family and how I've wasted my entire life and I'm a big piece of poo poo who smells

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should start thinking about liking the bengals, browns, ravens, or steelers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I remember when I would argue about wanting to see Marc Bulger start a single game for the Ravens and see how it compared to Flacco.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm an eagles fan, you think your paltry afc north teams could even touch upon my misery? My first eagles memories were of the rich Kotite era. Look upon my life and despaaaair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1471602602890641414?s=21

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rich kotite took cleveland with him to philly

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lil bit. actually took new york but i like to say lies on here, and everyone is supposed to nod or quietly approve and not be mean to me

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I saw a guy with a Stoney Case jersey in a bar one time circa 2005. I'm a little surprised they made Stoney Case jerseys. Maybe it was Stoney Case.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I saw a guy with a Stoney Case jersey in a bar one time circa 2005. I'm a little surprised they made Stoney Case jerseys. Maybe it was Stoney Case.

Not super surprising really cause I think there was a kind of divide between people who wanted Tony Banks and people who wanted Stoney Case after the Scott Mitchell experiment crashed and burned. So that must have been a Stoney guy.

That's just what I vaguely remember from listening to my dad and his sports talk radio shows he always had on.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I wish I had a time machine. Wanna go back. Stop rich Rodriguez from taking that plane to michigan. Actually stop him from his loving awful game plan against pitt.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i wish i had a time machine to go back to before u started posting in this thread lol

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i might move to pittsburgh for personal and professional reasons, how livable is it

Asproigerosis posted:

I wish I had a time machine. Wanna go back. Stop rich Rodriguez from taking that plane to michigan. Actually stop him from his loving awful game plan against pitt.

rich rodriguez was overrated and would not have survived the transition to the big 12.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

Sometimes a terrible backup quarterback gives you something beautiful. This time last year I would have told you Ryan Finley is the single worst quarterback I've ever watched.

I watched an old, broken and lumbering Byron Leftwich put a juke on Ray Lewis and scramble for a 38 yard TD once. Some days the sun will shine even on a dog's rear end buddy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

i might move to pittsburgh for personal and professional reasons, how livable is it

rich rodriguez was overrated and would not have survived the transition to the big 12.

It's a nice city with extremely weird geometry

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Sour Diesel posted:

i wish i had a time machine to go back to before u started posting in this thread lol

It's too late I'm like a steelers poster but worse

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pittsburgh: It's a lovely city but it has a cool submarine.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
News: I been to Pittsburgh.
Views: Don't go. It sucks. They got a hill that overlooks the city which is ok...but you have to look at it.

Even those I know in Pitts, relocated to Cleveland and came here instead.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I dunno I think it's pretty loving cool driving into the city from the south, you go through a tunnel that immediately opens up to the three Rivers junction with the bridges and stuff.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Watching this TNF game shows me what an absolute JOKE the Ravens are compare to teams that run real offenses.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Remember when we had real functioning offenses. Like when we had a shootout and then your QB found out that pooping was like a powerup?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yep. Before Lamar got yips or long covid or whatever combination of ailments led to the guy we've been seeing.

I still think Mayfield is a good player though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

all cities are the same

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Yep. Before Lamar got yips or long covid or whatever combination of ailments led to the guy we've been seeing.

I still think Mayfield is a good player though.

i dont think lamars stuff should be a permanent thing. i cant really put the blame on him being a bit shook after having no OL or any kind of running game to take the heat off of him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Ya got that right

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Dont think thats possible

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

Eifert Posting posted:

Pittsburgh: It's a lovely city but it has a cool submarine.

Thats a ww2 fleet boat, tench-class?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

i dont think lamars stuff should be a permanent thing. i cant really put the blame on him being a bit shook after having no OL or any kind of running game to take the heat off of him

I hope so. But he had the same running game and o-line all year and was much better about it earlier. Also while our tackles have been bad our interior line has been very good.

Sometimes these things are temporary. But they can be permanent. And sometimes theres no logical explanation it just happens.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Baltimore has its own submarine :colbert:

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Baltimore has its own submarine :colbert:

The Torsk, same type as the one in Pittsburgh. Torsk is Norwegian for Cod. Anyone know why it has a norwegian name? Was it perhaps sponsored by the norwegian government? Was it a trade where we gave you Knut Rockne?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

subs are cool. i think it’s a mark of a good city.

i will see the pittsburgh submarine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Also while our tackles have been bad [/b]our interior line has been very good. [/b]

I am going to give you a moment to prepare because this will be shocking.

Kawalimus is wrong.

Boseman at Center and Zeitler at RG have been fine to good. Ben Powers at LG has been very bad. This is compounded by the awful play of Villanueva at LT. With Mekari out the RT spot has been manned by Tyre Phillips, who has been even worse than Villanueva. So yeah the tackles are the worst problem, but Powers' consistent failure has made the interior line another weakness.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gatts posted:

News: I been to Pittsburgh.
Views: Don't go. It sucks. They got a hill that overlooks the city which is ok...but you have to look at it.

Even those I know in Pitts, relocated to Cleveland and came here instead.

I get that some people like urban decay hellscapes, but preferring Cleveland to Pittsburgh is wild even for a goon

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I am going to give you a moment to prepare because this will be shocking.

Kawalimus is wrong.

Boseman at Center and Zeitler at RG have been fine to good. Ben Powers at LG has been very bad. This is compounded by the awful play of Villanueva at LT. With Mekari out the RT spot has been manned by Tyre Phillips, who has been even worse than Villanueva. So yeah the tackles are the worst problem, but Powers' consistent failure has made the interior line another weakness.

If every single player around Lamar has to be playing at a top level for him to be effective then he's probably not worth paying a lot of money to.

We have one of the best sets of receiving talent in football yet when they've all been healthy we're doing gently caress all with them. Huntley wasn't amazing but used them way better than Lamar has been in the Cleveland game. No Roman isn't helping matters but guys are still getting open and Lamar can't hit them. Huntley figured out how to use Bateman in a single game. Why can't Lamar?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

We have one of the best sets of receiving talent in football

Absolutely not

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Absolutely not

Marquise Brown
Rashod Bateman
Sammy Watkins
Mark Andrews

That's three first round wideouts and a borderline all-pro tight end. If their stats aren't good enough, that's on the QBs. Anyone should be able to do well with that.

Not to mention Devin Duvernay has a neat skillset we don't get the most out of in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

We have one of the best sets of receiving talent in football

Oh, hey, welcome to Bengals fandom, Kawa.