Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

toggle posted:

hopefully the peanuts give this guy a seat, then eject him from the stratosphere

how can u be ejected if u have no need for a body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cBiyWlYous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

if we get a post disclosure world the same old boring rules will apply. itll be spun into cotton candy and 99.9% bullshit

and actually if we get an OFFICALLY SANCTIONED post disclosure world ill go back to checking out lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i will become one of the crestfallen in the dark souls games if its just a meeting of bureaucracies

total hollow time. no hope left

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rah! posted:

how can u be ejected if u have no need for a body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cBiyWlYous

metabirdverse where the tits are big, the balls are small, and the cocks are just right

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sleekly posted:

i will become one of the crestfallen in the dark souls games if its just a meeting of bureaucracies

total hollow time. no hope left

you, a crestfallen hollow when you discover the galactic federation is a sluggish bureaucracy: everything is pointless, I guess you could go ring the bell of awakening but theres 2 and its a lot of walking

me, a brain genius after learning birds are real:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

blatman posted:

on the bright side if we get a post-disclosure world where aliens are demons that can ride your brain it might mean you weren't mentally ill this entire time

jury's still out on whether or not that's better

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Mar 4, 2022

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Azathoth posted:

haha there's like maybe 3 or 4 UFO books I'd call "great"

So true. We should put a “goon recommended” book list in the OP.

Beyond UFOs, Reinerio Hernandez
The Extradimensional Universe, John Violette
Humanoid Encounters, Albert Rosales
The Omega Project, Kenneth Ring
Roswell: The Ultimate Cold Case Closed, Carey/Schmitt

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Riot Bimbo posted:

Demon might have unfair baggage but this is unironically what i fear and tbh my astral experiences include tons of what I'd call attempted possessions? Imagine a highly vivid, clear-as-waking-life experience of an entity with no fixed form, whose only characteristic is that it emits zero light, jumps into my head and starts gnawing at what feels like the actual link to my body; it felt like a particularly painful siezure. every single time it happend, invokation of the holy spirit was my SOLE weapon.

To think someone finds themselves there and does not call for that help; I have more or less advertised a cool trick to be goku in your dreams that may or may not have dire metaphysical consequences lol and i hate that

This is my concern with this op. The Air Force evangelical generals aren't saying what they think, they're saying what they know. They've seen it themselves:

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-wish-that-hadnt-happened_09.html

So it's more palatable to "disclose" alien contact and exotic materials than the really unspeakable things that are going on.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fly Ricky posted:

It would need a "why recommended" for each

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkie Disease posted:

It would need a "why recommended" for each

Good point! I’ll repost later when I’m not just killing time at work.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Failson posted:

This is my concern with this op. The Air Force evangelical generals aren't saying what they think, they're saying what they know. They've seen it themselves:

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-wish-that-hadnt-happened_09.html

So it's more palatable to "disclose" alien contact and exotic materials than the really unspeakable things that are going on.

lol that's great

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

jesus bullshit applies to birds the universe and everything how?

it doesnt. its cornfed morons on the promotion chain and the best they got 'dem devils'

wouldnt worry on that angle at all

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

haha there's like maybe 3 or 4 UFO books I'd call "great", i know whenever i pick up anything that i'm probably in for some funky logic at best, if not outright fabrications and lies. i'll go in with an open mind though :)

Which ones do you recommend?

Fly Ricky posted:

I would definitely add UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

metabirdverse where the tits are big, the balls are small, and the cocks are just right

the pure land

valp
Aug 31, 2018

Riot Bimbo posted:

Demon might have unfair baggage but this is unironically what i fear and tbh my astral experiences include tons of what I'd call attempted possessions? Imagine a highly vivid, clear-as-waking-life experience of an entity with no fixed form, whose only characteristic is that it emits zero light, jumps into my head and starts gnawing at what feels like the actual link to my body; it felt like a particularly painful siezure. every single time it happend, invokation of the holy spirit was my SOLE weapon.

To think someone finds themselves there and does not call for that help; I have more or less advertised a cool trick to be goku in your dreams that may or may not have dire metaphysical consequences lol and i hate that

One day I felt a sudden intuition that my parents would die if I didn't drive over to them as fast as I could right then. I remember at one point I reached a stop sign and I felt a strong sense that I needed to keep driving as fast as I could or my parents would die, but instead I stopped and kept obeying traffic laws. At that moment I felt an intense wave of frustration, and I realized that the frustration I was feeling wasn't my frustration, I was feeling the frustration of whatever spirit was communicating with me. At the time I apologized to it and told it that I was driving as fast as I safely could, but later on I realized it was a demon trying to get me into a car accident.

Everything supernatural needs your consent to interact with you. I was loving around with bad poo poo earlier that week and that counted as consenting to experiencing a demon. And if I had disobeyed traffic laws then that would be consenting to experiencing a car accident. Fundamentally, the only power demons and other beings have over you is whatever power you willingly give them.

Simply being in the astral, regardless of how you got there, counts as "consent" for other astral beings to interact with you. Most likely the reason these attacks are happening is because you have created an emotional connection of fear between yourself and these negative experiences. You are afraid of losing your agency, so every time you find yourself in the astral you experience something trying to take your agency. Your response to this is to imagine yourself with goku powers, but as you've said you hate this solution and this negative emotional relationship you've formed is why you continue to have these situations. These attacks will continue until you resolve your hate/fear/whatever.

Here is my advice: Your holy spirit is accessible to you at all times, not just the astral. Spend some time in meditation every single day. During this meditation sincerely intend to connect with your holy spirit in such a way that you come to embody its qualities in your daily life. Eventually you will realize that you no longer need to call on your holy spirit because it is always within you, and it is always protecting you.

I hope this helps.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

Stepdad loves conspiracy theories about ancient aliens I need something that will scare the living s*** out of him bookwise

Second half of American Horror Story season 10 is a documentary

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Inspector Hound posted:

Second half of American Horror Story season 10 is a documentary

I legit loved how much actual UFO rumors/lore they added to it. Relatively deep cuts for a TV show.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I am Ra.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jazerus posted:

I am Ra.

its a fucken demon git em boys

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Quick hits on why I recommend these books. Deliberately chose books that aren’t commonly recommended. I firmly believe there is no doubt that UFOs have been conclusively established as a real phenomenon, thus most of these deal with the “who” and “why” behind sightings.

(Massive 800+ page study done by the late astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell’s FREE institute on conscious and the range of human experiences with non-human intelligence)

(Search my post history in here for a lengthy synopsis; basically a logical hypothesis that explains all manner of paranormal phenomena)

(Rosales is the most under appreciated researcher in the field, 16 volumes of encounters with aliens/spacemen/entities from 1AD - 2015)

(Groundbreaking scientific study on the similarities and connections between NDEs and “abductees”)

(For anyone that happens to be on the fence as to whether or not Roswell was an actual extraterrestrial craft or some sort of failed military experiment, this is the final and conclusive book in a series by the two men who proved once and for all it was not man-made)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Terence McKenna | The Psychic Saucer & Human Evolution posted:

Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut, lecturer, author, and was an advocate for the responsible use of naturally occurring psychedelic plants. He spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including psychedelic drugs, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, metaphysics, alchemy, language, philosophy, culture, technology, environmentalism, and the theoretical origins of human consciousness. He was called the "Timothy Leary of the '90s", "one of the leading authorities on the ontological foundations of shamanism", and the "intellectual voice of rave culture".

Vallee-like interpretation of UFOs as something other than nuts n bolts aliens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6MDiN22_M

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Dec 17, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

there's a shitload of stuff going on with the old era that is really cool and weird, for example check out how pazuzu is gnarly but protects human babies and women from lamashtu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOT75GB64Hw

I had at one point but not on hand now -- there's copies of the exorcist's "handbook" that have been translated and it's really neat poo poo and describes how to make protective circles and there's this huge list of things like "things that peek in windows" "things that walk on the roof at night" "things that stay out of firelight and watch" "things that cause beams to fail" and this really long and intricate system of supernatural entities, which are all based on what the entity likes to do that's bad, and what it seems like, like is it more like a bird, is it more like a beast, does it tap its claws on the door jamb, all this stuff.

And they're watching humans waiting for a time to gently caress with them, and it has a ton of solutions that resolve these problems by forcing them into the bottom of wells or causing them to be chopped in half and all this stuff. They take the form of "that's hosed, something hosed is going on" and couples it with a solution.

quote:

What darkens when it gets bright
when it gets light, at the place of sunrise, it is eradicated!
What flashes like lightning in the dark
in the darkness, in the grave, lock it up!

It's clear that by that time those people had already developed a sophisticated set of beliefs about how you could interact with weird mystery beings which are intelligent and are not entirely good.

e: i'd also point out that a lot of these weird phenomena, like odd lights, odd darknesses -- those would be much more apparent in a world with no electric light, wouldn't they? Those come up as much as the modern ghost poo poo like bumps in the night. I'd say that sounds like they were on the same "tier" of concern for a people where a goddamn hyena could try to get in and eat your children.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Dec 17, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I really enjoy dipping into Humanoid Encounters when it's slow at work, just picking a random time period and reading about all the absolutely bizarre poo poo people have seen

The sheer heterogeneity of encounters is amazing, so many things intensely weirder than regular ol peanutties

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

valp posted:

One day I felt a sudden intuition that my parents would die if I didn't drive over to them as fast as I could right then. I remember at one point I reached a stop sign and I felt a strong sense that I needed to keep driving as fast as I could or my parents would die, but instead I stopped and kept obeying traffic laws. At that moment I felt an intense wave of frustration, and I realized that the frustration I was feeling wasn't my frustration, I was feeling the frustration of whatever spirit was communicating with me. At the time I apologized to it and told it that I was driving as fast as I safely could, but later on I realized it was a demon trying to get me into a car accident.

Everything supernatural needs your consent to interact with you. I was loving around with bad poo poo earlier that week and that counted as consenting to experiencing a demon. And if I had disobeyed traffic laws then that would be consenting to experiencing a car accident. Fundamentally, the only power demons and other beings have over you is whatever power you willingly give them.

Simply being in the astral, regardless of how you got there, counts as "consent" for other astral beings to interact with you. Most likely the reason these attacks are happening is because you have created an emotional connection of fear between yourself and these negative experiences. You are afraid of losing your agency, so every time you find yourself in the astral you experience something trying to take your agency. Your response to this is to imagine yourself with goku powers, but as you've said you hate this solution and this negative emotional relationship you've formed is why you continue to have these situations. These attacks will continue until you resolve your hate/fear/whatever.

Here is my advice: Your holy spirit is accessible to you at all times, not just the astral. Spend some time in meditation every single day. During this meditation sincerely intend to connect with your holy spirit in such a way that you come to embody its qualities in your daily life. Eventually you will realize that you no longer need to call on your holy spirit because it is always within you, and it is always protecting you.

I hope this helps.

I have literally annihilated countless numbers of them. I am not afraid; they come anyway.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

well u ask why i should kill god when the options of making demons afraid are not taken

they dont fear death and they are not in books. they eat and crave fear and we all know them and there is no reason to feed them and no reason not to scare them, this is different from killing them

denigration mockery and dimunution are the tools

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The Gateway tapes have a protective litany, energy shield visualization, and techniques to let go of fear and anxiety. It's a way to create an oasis where nothing can enter, harm you, or distract you.

I believe the exercises result in mastery of the hypnagogic state, among other things. The frequently used Focus 10 state is "mind awake, body asleep"(induced sleep paralysis) but you are given the tools to be in control, feel safe, and stop distractions. From there you can use it as launch pad to lucid dreaming, astral projection, or OBE and keep maintaining that peaceful feeling.

This is me in my Resonant Energy Balloon:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0uu-p4Tsw

seems relevant, earthly concerns what is that accent? he is trying to choke it back but its charming

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
he has a speech impediment! he’s clearly working on it tho because his early vids could be pretty hard to understand sometimes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The Gateway tapes have a protective litany, energy shield visualization, and techniques to let go of fear and anxiety. It's a way to create an oasis where nothing can enter, harm you, or distract you.

I believe the exercises result in mastery of the hypnagogic state, among other things. The frequently used Focus 10 state is "mind awake, body asleep"(induced sleep paralysis) but you are given the tools to be in control, feel safe, and stop distractions. From there you can use it as launch pad to lucid dreaming, astral projection, or OBE and keep maintaining that peaceful feeling.

This is me in my Resonant Energy Balloon:

Of all the things this thread has opened me too this is the most interesting and the most confounding to me, because I can do it and feel it and I know when I do that there is something happening. I've meditated before, I've done plenty of drugs, and that poo poo is way closer to the drugs I've done than it is to meditation.

How a rando figured this out in the 60s is baffling to me. We are grasping in the dark of neuroscience now but we were absolute cavemen then.
Weirder still is that CIA document saying "this seems to be something" and scientists refusing to touch it except for weird stuff like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19861358/

like that is undeniably something - is it what Monroe claimed it to be? I certainly can't say but it is baffling to me that there aren't more :actually: sort of folks desperately trying to disprove it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

perhaps it got beamed into their brains by the birds

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

scientists refusing to touch it except for weird stuff like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19861358/

like that is undeniably something

One dude getting the result he wanted to see is not undeniably something, it is in fact, the exact opposite of something, it is nothing.

At least we can all agree the twitter alien is completely full of poo poo now right? What was supposed to happen again?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

One dude getting the result he wanted to see is not undeniably something, it is in fact, the exact opposite of something, it is nothing.

At least we can all agree the twitter alien is completely full of poo poo now right? What was supposed to happen again?

It has already happened

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Sleekly posted:

denigration mockery and dimunution are the tools

gonna be untouchable on the astral plane

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

Anjali or the peanutties? In either case "always has been"

Also not just one dude: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14742401/

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I've meditated before, I've done plenty of drugs, and that poo poo is way closer to the drugs I've done than it is to meditation.

Well put. I have the same impression

Wish I could find longer Hemi sync lengths because sometimes I want to stay longer and i hear a calm voice telling me that I hear their voice and respond and it's time to go home. No other off brand tracks work either

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Pryor on Fire posted:

It’s fine to admit you don’t believe in something you’ve never tried and aren’t open to trying.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
I'm gonna give the tapes a try this afternoon.

I hope my astral stand isn't something lame like Hermit Purple

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

ill never stop believing in pnitis. su walker wouldn't lie to me. jrooti neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I certainly can't say but it is baffling to me that there aren't more :actually: sort of folks desperately trying to disprove it

Innner experience is an anathema to these idiots. They wouldn't think to disprove it because it exists in their blind spot, together with emotion, aesthetics, the sublime, etc. They'd just as soon try to disprove mighty mouse.