Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
'Twas the week before Critmas
And inside that house
Fearne was just stepped on
'Cause she was but a mouse

edit: ooh, page snipe! Pretend all my friends are rhyming with me, just offscreen

AJA fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Can’t wait to see the ultimate Travis troll character: Travis Willingham (Vampire).

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I noticed looking at the wiki that Chet is listed as having 14 dex but 18 ac. I wonder if he took medium armor proficiency at level 4 to get that way. Interesting take on a rogue to be sure, and even with medium armor and middling dex he'd still have passable stealth since a breastplate doesn't give disadvantage on stealth checks. Curious to see what his subclass winds up being.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
If he can turn his anger towards Santa into 2 barbarian levels he could have sneak attack on demand with reckless attack and rage damage reduction will help him survive in melee.

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005
What an amazing cliffhanger to wait till the new year for! I love that Fearne said she had a plan and:

Dragonstoned posted:

"Its ok I know what to do..."

casts burning hands

this is probably exactly it!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

You'd think that after Campaign 2 Matt would always have a Plan Q combat in mind in case the party does something really loving stupid.

Then again I suppose he'd rather have it mapped out properly.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Does Travis really think that being a little old person will mean nobody will romance him? It seems weird that a young large person would portray someone like this.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

redbrouw posted:

Does Travis really think that being a little old person will mean nobody will romance him? It seems weird that a young large person would portray someone like this.

It's more a joke because his response to other pc/npc's hitting on Grog/Fjord has been him turning redder and redder.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

redbrouw posted:

Weird how?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Really enjoyed this weeks episode. I feel like they're coming together finally. It's going to take some getting used to Travis playing an old rear end gnome, but rogues are kickass, so. FCG is still my fav. Sam playing small quirky characters is just so natural for him.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

redbrouw posted:

The bright young age of

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

redbrouw posted:

I mean I think that was entirely inferred by this thread, so we have no way of knowing what Travis thinks or if that had literally anything to do with his decision to play Chetney.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I mean is it really any weirder than a faun or a talking robot or a creepy undeadish lady? All their characters are pretty out there this time around, as Matt keeps repeatedly showing when NPCs encounter them for the first time

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I saw someone post this once with the caption, "This is everyone's third D&D character" and it seems to be pretty accurate.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Legend of Vox Machina will launch Jan. 28th on Prime. A bit earlier than planned.

Bonus clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxYvgDjXAI

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Problem with being so familiar with the voice actors is that every time a character speaks I think of the person playing them instead. This is going to take some getting used to.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Legend of Vox Machina will launch Jan. 28th on Prime. A bit earlier than planned.

Bonus clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxYvgDjXAI

Barely more than a minute long and they managed to get the door unlocked within that time? I call bullshit.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I was expecting his toothpick to break lol but I suppose its an introduction thing where they have to show how its supposed to go before they spend an entire episode trying to get through a simple wooden door.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They better have Trinket entering the pie eating contest if they are doing the Briarwood arc. It's kinda between but good enough to keep in.

God every episode has one or two great moments. They could make this as long as One Piece.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 21, 2021

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
If the thread title is going to change (almost) every week, could it at least be changed on Mondays? The thread went through a whole thing about spoilers, would be nice to include the title in that policy.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Gnome de plume posted:

Barely more than a minute long and they managed to get the door unlocked within that time? I call bullshit.

I know you're joking but I fully expect that some fans will be vocally angry when moments in the cartoon are not 1:1 from the stream.

Philthy posted:

They better have Trinket entering the pie eating contest if they are doing the Briarwood arc.
Agreed. I don't remember. Have they confirmed if Matt is still doing Trinket as a bear or are they using someone else/actual bear sounds?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Anybody know the shirt Robbie is wearing in Ep. 8? It's super rad.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

lmao I had forgotten about that

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

zenguitarman posted:

Anybody know the shirt Robbie is wearing in Ep. 8? It's super rad.
https://twitter.com/_Yaniir_/status/1471679958649122819
https://twitter.com/critrolecloset for all your clothes identifying needs.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Whoa nice one, thanks!

Also, bad for my wallet and I def don't need new tees...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I wonder to what extent the guards were lying. Is it possible that there wasn't any dire wolf attack at all?

When they started out with the canned statement, they seemed clear and confident, but when Laudna started to ask about the victims, the guard didn't know if there even were any, he didn't know how many, didn't know where they were being treated. He seemed confused to be asked those questions, and when they asked if their friend was maybe one of the victims, that got the other guard involved and they both seemed very confused.

All of that would make sense if there was no attack, and therefore no victims. It would have been easy to say "no one was hurt", but once the guard lied, confirming that there were presumably victims, he was locked into making up new lies for the follow-up questions. So, what are they trying to cover up? One passing thought I had was maybe it's a werewolf, although the wreckage and the cleaned-up blood in Gurge's house suggest that Gurge might not be the werewolf.

---

Fearne's best first move might be to try and keep it friendly, and say something along the lines of "I couldn't help but overhear. It sounds like you have a bigger problem than just a dire wolf. A problem which needs to be handled with discretion. If you need some help, my friends and I can be very discreet."

That absolutely might not work, but it's more likely to have positive results than trying to flee or fight.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 22, 2021

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The guards mentioned the mercenary group that's trying to be officially sanctioned by the Jrusar leadership (or something to that effect anyway, I forgot their name and what they were doing exactly) and townsfolk are talking about how the city is really going to poo poo these days. My guess is that the mercenary group is working with some corrupt Wilders to deliberately start incidents such as dire wolf attacks and maybe even animated furniture attacks in order to make it look like there's more trouble than there actually is. It doesn't explain why Gurge disappeared, but the Wilders may have wanted him for other reasons and just took advantage of the chaos to nab him.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Travis character was totally hired by the broomstone smugglers to make an airship. I don't know if this has been talked about before.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think Robbie was trying to poke at that same notion when he asked for his toy to be an airship with real brumestone. I also had the idea that the brumestone was intended to help some criminal organization make an unregistered airship, but after Duggar oozed his way out of of a tiny hole, that seemed a lot less likely, as that power seems unlikely for a mundane criminal organization.

Something at least feels off about the situation based on what he told the group, although it's possible we're just reading too much into it. It could just be a hand-wave to get this character concept into the same locale as the party.

Chetney was in Uthodurn, then quit or was fired, and his best job opportunity is... halfway around the world, an ocean voyage away? Chutney is meeting with Gruge in a city to seek work, but this isn't Gruge's home city either?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
https://twitter.com/Marisha_Ray/status/1475908896191500289
RIP
Come to think of it, by C3 Trinket is probably already dead too.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Senjuro posted:

RIP

Dagon :smith:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Senjuro posted:

RIP

Yeah this is sad :(

lil birdie was practically an unofficial mascot

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Senjuro posted:

I think it was mentioned at some point that Trinket will live as long as Vex does (be it a class or perk thing) so he's fine at least

Losing a pet sucks, hope they're doing alright :smith:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I assumed it was because of the Feywild spirit bear thing. And also probably because Matt doesn't want Laura to cry about her fictional pet grizzly bear.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think Robbie was trying to poke at that same notion when he asked for his toy to be an airship with real brumestone. I also had the idea that the brumestone was intended to help some criminal organization make an unregistered airship, but after Duggar oozed his way out of of a tiny hole, that seemed a lot less likely, as that power seems unlikely for a mundane criminal organization.

Something at least feels off about the situation based on what he told the group, although it's possible we're just reading too much into it. It could just be a hand-wave to get this character concept into the same locale as the party.

Chetney was in Uthodurn, then quit or was fired, and his best job opportunity is... halfway around the world, an ocean voyage away? Chutney is meeting with Gruge in a city to seek work, but this isn't Gruge's home city either?

Dugger was also a carpenter before going all fucky.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hulk Smash! posted:

I know you're joking but I fully expect that some fans will be vocally angry when moments in the cartoon are not 1:1 from the stream.

I mean...I will be disappointed if there isn't an overly long comedic section with the cast trying and failing to open a simple wooden church door because it's heavy rather than magical in any way. I don't expect everything to be 1:1 by any stretch, but it's such a good comedy bit it'd be disappointing to leave it out, especially when I'm pretty sure there were some good bits of action/tension before and after it that it could serve to break up.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Half an episode showing Percy's life as a de Rolo leading up to the Briarwoods, with the other half of the episode being that one door. They get it open and walk through right as the Briarwoods walk through the doors of the de Rolo castle for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

tsob posted:

I mean...I will be disappointed if there isn't an overly long comedic section with the cast trying and failing to open a simple wooden church door because it's heavy rather than magical in any way. I don't expect everything to be 1:1 by any stretch, but it's such a good comedy bit it'd be disappointing to leave it out, especially when I'm pretty sure there were some good bits of action/tension before and after it that it could serve to break up.

My guess is the new preview footage exists as a nod to that, but it will be the only nod we see.