Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Zereth posted:

As a non fashion person, IS Dustin's outfit particularly bad?

It's not. It's not something I would call "dress to impress" but it's a nice outfit, and good for almost all situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
He wears a collared shirt and khakis which is a hell of a lot more dressed up than your average goon like me, who just wears a t shirt and basketball shorts everywhere.

Even by the standards of "angry boomer" he's dressed pretty respectably.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Doomykins posted:

Was Jason one of the TV cast and crew mysteriously murdered?

Jason was the curate that served the rectory before Billie arrived. We only ever see him in a flashback in issue 3 of the print comic. Exactly what happened to him was never explained, but presumably he met his end fighting one of the various mermen / sea monsters that menace Tredregyn. My theory is that the creature that emerged from the sea on Maggie's Harley at the end of part 3 and has been lurking in the background these past two pages is either Jason's zombified corpse or some sort of mockery creature, most likely conjured by Maggie's father, Bob Warren, to mess with Rev. Penrose.

Jason was mentioned in part 1 of the Clotted Crime story, it seems he had been doing research on the various sea monsters;

The_Other fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 17, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Thank you, that's exactly the sort of recap I needed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The biggest issue is Dustin is wearing a shirt with a horizontal strip. Everyone knows that makes you look fatter.
Paisley or bust dude.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i think dustins shirt would look pretty bad irl. can someone dress up like that to confirm it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Please partake of these magnificent landscapes that look even better in colour, or Prosit doesn't quite understand what a drink on the rocks means, or Rocks fall, everyone nobody dies

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crespolini posted:

i think dustins shirt would look pretty bad irl. can someone dress up like that to confirm it?

It's a rugby shirt which is a pretty normal casual shirt for men.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It reminds me of an old Guinness shirt I had.

That and one of the local schools who had black (reversible with white stripe) kit. Ours was red (reversible with black stripe).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crespolini posted:

Wouldn't help, no picture of a goon is going to look good regardless

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom (double Apple edition)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Wouldn't help, no picture of a goon is going to look good regardless

I actually have a shirt like that and I can confirm. (Although I have to like it because my wife bought it.)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

I don't think Billingsley has ever spoken to a child, just an observation

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's a rugby shirt which is a pretty normal casual shirt for men.

They were so big in the 90s that I think a lot of people would find young person wearing one today to be strange.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Yeah, I've done a (very) few for this iteration of the thread, but I've found that a lot of the time they end up getting overlooked because the thread itself moves fairly quickly and is filled with a lot of content. It can be mildly discouraging to come up with something and have it get buried, so most of the time I just don't bother anymore, unless it's something I think is particularly good.
I think this is part of it too. I have to catch up to this thread pretty much every day, so even when I see an edit, I don't always think to comment on it by the time I get to where I'm posting. I just looked back and I did 4-5 edits this year but they weren't particularly funny, so I really can't blame anyone for lack of comment on mine, personally.

But I also think this thread has evolved from making fun of comics to actually enjoying them. Sure there are some thread hate-reads but we don't spend much time on the comics we used to make fun of anymore, and some of those have changed significantly (Mark Trail, for example).

If Newspaper Spider-Man was still going though boy howdy we'd have edits.

Weembles posted:

They were so big in the 90s that I think a lot of people would find young person wearing one today to be strange.
These were the poo poo in my area back in the 80s-90s.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

New experiences...who needs 'em!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Tiggum posted:

He uses a pseudonym because his real name is Jake Rowling, not to hide his identity, right? If he reveals his real name (assuming people can't already look it up) all it'll be is an amusing bit of trivia. There's no mystery about who he is. He does signings and stuff, right? Even if his identity is secret, what's the big deal? The media presumably want to interview Sarah because she's some kind of child prodigy (again). This guy's just an ordinary children's book author. If anything, the media are going to ask him about Sarah because she's still the story.
I thought he was just going to make public the fact that he's having a kid, but instead of that dumb thing it's this dumb thing.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

"And since he picked me up from the airport I was obligated to agree to marry him."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Weembles posted:

Fashions that ape the styles of the early 90's are still pretty en vogue with young people, but I anticipate that we're going to move into late 90's/early 00's nostalgia relatively soon. Dustin's oversized rugby shirt is like two years away from being very hip again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jncos will be back any day now

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e; look at this rugby shirt wearing loser

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 17, 2021

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hwurmp posted:

Jncos will be back any day now

Oh, JNCOs are back, baby

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Fashions that ape the styles of the early 90's are still pretty en vogue with young people, but I anticipate that we're going to move into late 90's/early 00's nostalgia relatively soon. Dustin's oversized rugby shirt is like two years away from being very hip again.

I kind of hope the retro 90s/00s style extents to electronics, and they get all blob-shaped and made of translucent colored plastic again. That was a fun look.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dustin (the comic) just does a really, really bad job of showing what it's telling. It's like "Meg Griffin is ugly" level poo poo. You only know because you are constantly told

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Tiggum posted:

And since we're no longer reading garbage

:stare:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MariusLecter posted:

Dude probably doesn’t even own any NFTs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

I don't know anything about this man but he does look like kind of a douchebag

That sort of thing is going to be very regional/ trend specific and that really isn't what Dustin is going for though

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's wearing an Ireland shirt, so it all depends how Irish he is.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Yall want more photoshops? Have more photoshops

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

this guy is hotter than dustin and his shirt is nicer, too :raise: no evidence here.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Four great tastes that taste great together.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I figured it out. ChaCha Chako is like Adventure Time, but gritty.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Is that the King of Midland from Berserk as an avacado?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "446 - Jucika And The First Ignition"

"447 - Jucika On The Assembly Line"

"MEO = *M*inőség*e*llenőrző *o*sztály (ca. "department of quality assurance")"

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Bonus sketch!

Love is Hell

Sylvia

And never fear, dear readers, Marlys returns tomorrow!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doomykins posted:

"447 - Jucika On The Assembly Line"

how is that bulb staying in place tho

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Definitely a way that a person who relies on tips would speak to her customer, unprovoked.

Powered Descent posted:

I kind of hope the retro 90s/00s style extents to electronics, and they get all blob-shaped and made of translucent colored plastic again. That was a fun look.

Everything looked like toys and candy. I can go for that again.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Apr 4, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jul 4-5, 1990)

Plot twist: The photos actually show dinosaurs in them and people other than Calvin can see them.

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think Dustin is trapped in Omelas and he's the one locked in that poo poo closet.