Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I've never seen a TV in csmc, hosed up if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cerekk posted:

File an IG complaint.

I haven't seen a TV in a public space set to anything other than ESPN since like 2010.

Man they always had the poo poo in the base galley set to loving fox news, this was in 2013 in Norfolk.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cerekk posted:

File an IG complaint.

For what?

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/2867908/navy-announces-the-new-detailing-marketplace-assignment-policy/

:chiefsay: posted:

The Navy will offer a wide range of incentives to Sailors as an enticement to stay at sea in critical operational billets. The key in this change is a new Detailing Marketplace Assignment Policy (DMAP), which will replace the existing Sea Shore Flow policy. Announced in NAVADMIN 280/21 on Dec. 9, the policy officially kicks off March 1, 2022.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

I've never seen a TV in csmc, hosed up if true.

I should qualify that statement, only on big decks (CVN/LHD) do CSMCs have TVs on usually. Small boys never have the TV going in my experience.

File an IG complaint? On what basis? I honestly would if I thought it would do anything.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Cerekk posted:

File an IG complaint.

I haven't seen a TV in a public space set to anything other than ESPN since like 2010.

As much as it pisses me off, I also don't think an IG complaint is warranted. I could argue it's unethical because of the inherent endorsement of partisan positions, but that's not a slam dunk and it isn't illegal or immoral.

Advance to Place sounds like a great way for mediocre followers to become first line supervisors. On the other hand, the CA2P actually sounds like a good personnel management tool.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Search results for "8 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period": Not Found

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Search results for "8 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period": Not Found

Temper your expectations, make do with 5.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wibla posted:

Temper your expectations, make do with 5 3, split into at least 2 segments.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

I should qualify that statement, only on big decks (CVN/LHD) do CSMCs have TVs on usually. Small boys never have the TV going in my experience.

Ah okay sure. I have zero big deck experience so yea I was speaking from small boys only land.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Red Crown posted:

As much as it pisses me off, I also don't think an IG complaint is warranted. I could argue it's unethical because of the inherent endorsement of partisan positions, but that's not a slam dunk and it isn't illegal or immoral.

It's absolutely illegal for military members to distribute partisan political propaganda while on duty.

Even if it's not a slam dunk, the IG investigation that the facility CO has to deal with will be enough to make sure he puts a "no news channels" policy in place.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cerekk posted:

It's absolutely illegal for military members to distribute partisan political propaganda while on duty.

Even if it's not a slam dunk, the IG investigation that the facility CO has to deal with will be enough to make sure he puts a "no news channels" policy in place.

Legally they're not an arm of the Republican Party, so I don't think any of that's going to apply. Fox is, unfortunately, the most popular cable news network in this country by a huge margin and legally independent. Maybe you can get news banned, but IGs are people too, and they come from the communities that they're investigating. And they have to RETURN to those communities, possibly even as a subordinate to the command/commander they're investigating. Seems to me this would be going out on a limb without any legal reason to do so.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
IG didn't do poo poo with the half dozen IG complaints when my unit had multiple HPAA violations and medical officers who diagnosed troops without seeing them (both went to ER for being very hosed up). I'm not sure Fox News could move the needle here.

LightRailTycoon
Mar 24, 2017
https://twitter.com/cavasships/status/1471260881375879169?s=21

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Please don’t tell me it’s coming to Newport News. I finally got a crew of people I can tolerate working with and I’ll be pressed if they move me again.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Anita Dickinme posted:

Please don’t tell me it’s coming to Newport News. I finally got a crew of people I can tolerate working with and I’ll be pressed if they move me again.

The obvious destination would be PSNS right?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SquirrelyPSU posted:

The obvious destination would be PSNS right?

I don’t even know what that is, tbh. I’m not very up to date with other submarine shipyards but it would make sense because I dunno if sub repair is a thing we actually do here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Anita Dickinme posted:

I don’t even know what that is, tbh. I’m not very up to date with other submarine shipyards but it would make sense because I dunno if sub repair is a thing we actually do here.

That’s Bremerton. I’m sure it will be here sooner than later.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Crab Dad posted:

That’s Bremerton. I’m sure it will be here sooner than later.

Like Crab Dad said, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Bremerton, WA.

I said that mostly because I didn't think 32nd Street (San Diego) did sub overhauls.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Shortest safest route to the states? Slap a patch on it then go north?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah Bremerton is where I would expect it to go. That's a weird place for an impact. Is there any info about what caused the damage? I woudl think that if they ran into the keel of a cargo ship or something there would have been a big ol news article. Can't think what else it would be other than maybe some kind of very robust underwater cabling or something?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hit a seamount in october, it was p big news when it went public but that was also a couple months ago. I think someone ITT was aboard.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

hit a seamount in october, it was p big news when it went public but that was also a couple months ago. I think someone ITT was aboard.

ElvisCat I believe.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

Kinetic ocean topographic survey

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Grip it and rip it posted:

Yeah Bremerton is where I would expect it to go. That's a weird place for an impact. Is there any info about what caused the damage? I woudl think that if they ran into the keel of a cargo ship or something there would have been a big ol news article. Can't think what else it would be other than maybe some kind of very robust underwater cabling or something?

We're headed to PSNS for sure.

San Diego weather sure was nice, it's chilly here in the PNW.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 20, 2021

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

They have gotten drastically reduced over the years but had a dream I was running EXPLOT last night. Been a decade since I was last on a ship.

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

:nms:~Merry Christmas from USS First Ship~:nms:
:nms::nms:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Lol

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is that CHT?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:itwaspoo:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I remember a 1st mate civmar in a rubber suit unclogging the poo poo pipes on hsv-2 swift and it just spraying him like a hose nozzle lol

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like I would have more PPE utilized for that sort of thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I feel like I would have more PPE utilized for that sort of thing.

On my USS FIRSTSHIP, we had a CHT backup one night in port. It was pouring down the hatches into shaft alley. I watched an HTC with just his coveralls jump right down the hatch to align the valves.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I'll toss on gloves, eye pro, and some rubber boots depending on the level I have to deal with but the quicker you stop it the better off you are. Main problems would be in your eyes/mouth and through cuts in your hands or any other open wounds so once those are covered its whatevers. The boots are just so I don't get poo poo all over mine and track it around the ship or have some leak in through the leather or something.

Running in and stopping it is the smartest thing cause then everyone is really impressed and thankful they didn't have to, and then you don't have to clean up and can go take a shower.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Back when I worked at that remote site, it was an accepted fact of life that anyone who worked on the poo poo plant would be down with the shits for a few days afterward.

It wasn’t a great place.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Fred Dawes posted:

:nms:~Merry Christmas from USS First Ship~:nms:
:nms::nms:

Jesus loving christ put some gloves on good lord.

lol if youre still in

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

lol if youre still in

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Condolences if you're still in the poo poo.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Turns out it’s harder to USS Iowa 2.0 when the accused is alive and has a lawyer.

https://news.usni.org/2021/12/20/ex...-fleet-decision

It looks like another fire investigator on screen not part of the ATF group that came up with the arson theory found two other possible ignition sources. Based photographs on how the wiring melted in one place it’s a pretty strong case there was an arc flash combined with flammable materials being everywhere that could have started the fire.

Of course the ATF did not preserve any of that potential evidence or even discuss anything besides arson being a possible source of the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Has Mays made a statement or is he shutting up?