Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

finally, people will have to pay me to play in the web3!

why isn't anyone using web3?

you have to use web3, it's the next big thing, you idiots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

every once in a while vice comes out with something interesting

i liked the lowtax death article they wrote where they claimed grover was driven off the site by mods who dox'd him

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ncweaver/status/1471672348772233218

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

We'll see this is the problem Web 3 solves. Right now the web is too accessible to the poor, people whose opinions have no value. What if we reshaped the web so only successful rich people or people who bought into the correct techno-libertarian thought could post content online? Wouldn't things be better?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The problem with the marketplace of ideas is that it does not closely resemble a literal marketplace

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/FloydiesNFT/status/1471000388669116417?s=20

uh...

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

lmao amazing

text editor posted:

We'll see this is the problem Web 3 solves. Right now the web is too accessible to the poor, people whose opinions have no value. What if we reshaped the web so only successful rich people or people who bought into the correct techno-libertarian thought could post content online? Wouldn't things be better?

[stamping foot] That comment doesn't count because you didn't post it on Web3, the only place that matters. [others ignore this; foot stamping intensifies] It doesn't count! It doesn't! If only you knew how stupid you look!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
By attaching a cryptographic hash to all content. I will be able to tell someone that they truly have a "uniquely bad take"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Good news: I'm getting my first ever bonus

Bad news: it's in crypto

Now I gotta learn what the gently caress a wallet is lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shageletic posted:

kill you are boss

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shageletic posted:

i'd probably spend that time looking for a new job, lest you end up the sequel to pleasurekevin.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shageletic posted:

lol. now's a real good time to get the gently caress out of wherever you are and find a real job

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shageletic posted:

Your boss is doing a tax evasion.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
maybe the job has loving awesome fringe benefits like the brand of coffee brought is actually super good and worth taking parts of your pay as a shitcoin let's not be too hasty

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

or they are working at a crypto shop. in any case time for new job

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I get paid in normal money. Except for this bonus lol

It's just funny guess I didn't get one this year

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Shageletic posted:

arent there some laws you can use to get the bonus in actual real money?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i wouldn't think it's funny if my company decided to get involved with some semi-illegal crypto poo poo

i mean at the very least now you are the poor fucker who has to send every possible personal identifying information to some exchange in order to be able to get your bonus as a real money

at least bitcoin exchanges are known for their rock solid security and refunding practices :)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Penisface posted:

i wouldn't think it's funny if my company decided to get involved with some semi-illegal crypto poo poo

i mean at the very least now you are the poor fucker who has to send every possible personal identifying information to some exchange in order to be able to get your bonus as a real money

at least bitcoin exchanges are known for their rock solid security and refunding practices :)

funniest outcome, he has to explain where the coins came from to exchange them for real money, which triggers an IRS investigation into his boss

edit: actually that might be a way to force his hand into giving you real money, tell him "by the way I use coinbase and they are really strict about origin of coins, is it fine with you that I tell them that I got it as a bonus for working at XXX?"

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

ymgve posted:

funniest outcome, he has to explain where the coins came from to exchange them for real money, which triggers an IRS investigation into his boss

yeah even in this basic scenario, it's definitely a good thing for the business that you depend on for your paycheck to be subject to an IRS investigation. there is no way this can end badly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shageletic posted:

you owe taxes on those coins too, so congrats on that i guess

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

i just got my bonus direct-deposited to my bank account automatically (last night in fact). it automatically handled withholding for tax and I had the money this morning

bitcoin will fix all these problems i'm sure

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I hear the job market for computer touchers is pretty good right now, so what a great time to get a real job instead of at a crypto shithouse

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
literally couldn't pay me to guard some libertarian creepto's self proclaimed "gulag"

https://twitter.com/jaxson_davidson/status/1470933731548356614

if someone gunned me down to steal it I would say "fair enough" in death

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The whole reason to make something a protocol is to make it so different providers have interoperability. Their pitch for why to use the blockchain is "we want to destroy our own network effect."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

this is very funny remembering how this guy sent a cutesy legal threat to a small local game event that'd been around for years because it had the same name as his stupid $100 gamer toy

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/macomoroni/status/1471461206238150661

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shageletic posted:

more like scripto

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

quote:

We are the market makers now. We create our own museums. We decide which art defines this generation.

We are the digital renaissance.

And we are just getting started.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well, good luck with that. let us know how it goes

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
we are the NFT makers
we are the sellers of schemes
we are the opensea fakers
who hope to get rich off of memes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

we are the NFT makers

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gazpacho posted:

we are the NFT makers

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

we are the NFT makers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

we are the NFT makers

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Shageletic posted:

infernal machines posted:

you owe taxes on those coins too, so congrats on that i guess

rrrrrrreally curious to know what OP's W-2 looks like in a month and a half, if they live in the US. not putting it on there would be obvious tax evasion, but putting in on there is gonna be a PITA and piss off a bunch of employees, so, either way it should be entertaining

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

once again they reveal what they really think about crypto vs dollars without even realizing it

https://twitter.com/macomoroni/status/1471462528781897728?s=20

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

dude is bragging about how they acquired all that without spending anything of value. hilarious

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

shame cuz i follow his work. It's a lot of good absurdist stuff but yeah, so many CG artists are trying to do the beeple thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

i just got my bonus direct-deposited to my bank account automatically (last night in fact). it automatically handled withholding for tax and I had the money this morning

bitcoin will fix all these problems i'm sure

yeah it’s fine taxes will just be implemented as a smart contract.

what do you mean because of a bug someone was able to claim negative $12 trillion in income and siphoned off all of this year’s tax revenue?