Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
altered beast sucks, the switch is bad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Wow I just learned from the MLiG video that the NSO controller buttons aren't remappable. I thought that was only a limitation with handheld-mode controllers (Split Pad Pro). That's especially surprising given the price of the Genesis/MD controllers where that would seem to be the most useful. Do they even turn the Switch on?

Really glad I picked up the 8BitDo M30--it's a really capable controller.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Best graphics is of course a subjective thing. For prettiest looking, hell, Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate are no slouches.

Have to see how that new post-apocalyptic 3D Kirby game shapes out, because that certainly looks pretty from the trailer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Five loving games at once?

Again, SEGA does what Nintendon't.

But Nintendo's the one doing it!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The final boss of dread can gently caress off. I’m not having fun anymore. :(

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wildtortilla posted:

You can do it. Each phase has some bullshit new stuff but you'll get it. When he's gold you shouldn't bother shooting him. What are you having trouble with?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Great, thanks! What's the new one called? Want to make sure I pick that up and not older versions.

You'll have to wait until January 10th for Picross S7. If that's ok with you.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

my preferred weapon was storm missiles, so i could focus more on dodging, though I've heard just mashing beam during your counterattack cutscenes gets you better dps. try to nail as many counters as you can. keep moving and be sure you're very comfortable with the space jump. in the final phase, power bombs help quite a bit with an otherwise kind of overwhelming attack

he's tough but everything he does can be dodged or countered in some way. the second time i beat him (after getting 100%), i managed to end the fight at full health, but i definitely got bodied quite a bit at first. you can do it!!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I beat him and I’m now at the sequence after the fight (I didn’t get a chance to finish the game cause my infant woke up just after the fight).

What I didn’t like was the first phase. There may be significance to the colors he glows, if so I didn’t figure it out. Rather I waited for an attack I could counter and then blasted him in the “cut scenes” that followed counters. I HATE waiting for windows of opportunity to attack. That fight opens a multiphase battle with just that. It didn’t matter that I knew the patterns, I had to wait to deal damage during the phase I understood to get to the next phase to start learning those patterns. If that’s really the case, it’s bullshit, IMO. Otherwise the fight was a-okay.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You should have shot him more

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wildtortilla posted:

I beat him and I’m now at the sequence after the fight (I didn’t get a chance to finish the game cause my infant woke up just after the fight).

What I didn’t like was the first phase. There may be significance to the colors he glows, if so I didn’t figure it out. Rather I waited for an attack I could counter and then blasted him in the “cut scenes” that followed counters. I HATE waiting for windows of opportunity to attack. That fight opens a multiphase battle with just that. It didn’t matter that I knew the patterns, I had to wait to deal damage during the phase I understood to get to the next phase to start learning those patterns. If that’s really the case, it’s bullshit, IMO. Otherwise the fight was a-okay.

His shield starts blue and turns red as you damage it. Once its red he does a full screen burst that you can duck under and then melee counter.
When it turns gold he’s invincible and you need to melee counter him to proceed, you can bait him into letting you do a counter by approaching him when he taunts you

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
i know this is the most basic opinion possible, but god does mk8 kick rear end, particularly at 200cc. It's worth the price tag just for doing 200cc time trials against the nintendo ghosts.

We resisted rebuying it on switch because we had it on wii u. Forgot how good this game is!

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

But Nintendo's the one doing it!

Ninten-do what segadid cos nintendon’t (republish Earthbound or Chrono Trigger :-()

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wildtortilla posted:

The counters are great for doing lots of damage, but you should be attacking him as much as you can. The only required counter in the fight is the very last one.

I have seen some guides that claim he's invincible at certain points but I'm pretty sure that's bullshit. If you watch a speedrunner they literally never stop shooting him.

My favorite is I saw an absolute madman kill him using only the grapple beam, it took like a half hour but he tickled that bird to death

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i never stopped shooting him because the storm missiles own

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I had the last boss of Metroid Dread glitch out on me. Just stopped attacking but also stopped taking damage.

Spoilered to protect the identity of the final boss:
https://twitter.com/Tomenheimer/status/1448136205330108424?t=jhN46r58vPOX28PuF5pC6w&s=19

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I picked up Saints Row 4, and Blasphemous on sale. Streets of Rogue is on sale too and more people should play that.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have seen some guides that claim he's invincible at certain points but I'm pretty sure that's bullshit. If you watch a speedrunner they literally never stop shooting him.

He does not take any damage from anything except melee counters when he is gold. I wonder if maybe speedrunners continue shooting just to keep up their rhythm.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Monster Sanctuary is on sale for like $7?! I have no excuse now, I'm buying it when I get home later.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/M2_game/status/1471652852552839172

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can someone elevator pitch monster sanctuary?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

I think so? At the very least I played through 2 player co op with my partner and it was crash free. I know it goes up to 3/4 players so can't report on if that's hosed

Nice I'll convince my bro to take another shot at it with me.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

Can someone elevator pitch monster sanctuary?

Metroid except it's actually Pokemon

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ever want pokemon to have actual team fights with AI turned on and deep customization, rewarding battles and no mindless pacing for hatching eggs?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Junkie Disease posted:

Ever want pokemon to have actual team fights with AI turned on and deep customization, rewarding battles and no mindless pacing for hatching eggs?

Honestly... I don't know. Are the critters personable? What's the story/world like? Is there a demo?

I watched the trailer. It didn't explain much. There's a lot of traversal and that's it? Some battles that are maybe realtime maybe tower defense like (which would be bad).

The beasts look good though, so that's a plus.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wow now that I finally understand what the hell is going on in Loop Hero I can't stop thinking about it. What a stupidly addicting game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm a Chuckster!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope in the movie Mario is beating the poo poo out of a Pianta to try to get some Intel on where the princess is being held. Pianta looks like he's about to bleed out. Mario holds him up by the collar and says "Tell me where the princess is you piece of poo poo!"

The Pianta sighs and says "I'll talk. But there's something you should know about me."

Mario's eyes narrow.

"I'm a chuckster" and then he throws Mario into the stratosphere

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If I want to use amiibos but I don't want to buy or have them do I just need the ActionReplay PowerSave thing?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If I want to use amiibos but I don't want to buy or have them do I just need the ActionReplay PowerSave thing?

If you get an Android phone and a poo poo ton of NTAG215 cards, you can make them. Or you can buy some from eBay or Etsy or whatever.

But if you just want one device, yeah, you need that or the Amiiqo which probably goes by a different name nowadays. No idea if they're any good or not; I just know they exist.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

You'll need to :filez: the nfc data to upload to it

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Harriet Carker posted:

He does not take any damage from anything except melee counters when he is gold. I wonder if maybe speedrunners continue shooting just to keep up their rhythm.

If you really dump damage into him in the lead up to, and during, the first huge attack you have to drop under and can counter, you can skip the gold phase entirely. That is what you are probably seeing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I use PowerTags and TagMo on my android phone. Works a treat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

:hmmyes:
Yes I do enjoy Siralim 3

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

You can enjoy 2 things

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

You can enjoy 2 things

I can’t even enjoy one thing

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

altered beast sucks, the switch is bad now

Just you wait until I collect 3 orbs and go loving ape about this post. Except I'll turn into a recolor of a wolf. Not an ape.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nachos posted:

Wow now that I finally understand what the hell is going on in Loop Hero I can't stop thinking about it. What a stupidly addicting game.

I've had SMT:V quietly sitting in Christmas wrapping on the table full of all kinds of gifts for the better part of a week now. I could easily open it up and none would be wiser -- the person who got it for me is out of town for a bit.

Hadn't remembered that fact until you reminded me how consuming Loop Hero has been.

I don't even like roguelites as opposed to roguelikes, though I can generally see the appeal in delaying the introduction of content. But Loop Hero makes me feel like I'm figuring out how it works on my own just enough to keep me very engaged without feeling opaque. And the aesthetics are spot-on.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Did they ever unfuck the Crystal Chronicles multiplayer? It's on sale and if you can actually have a campaign going it would be easy enough to get friends to throw in on it.

Last I heard there wasn't a campaign though and the lobbies were one dungeon and then you had to quit and reform?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Len posted:

Did they ever unfuck the Crystal Chronicles multiplayer? It's on sale and if you can actually have a campaign going it would be easy enough to get friends to throw in on it.

Last I heard there wasn't a campaign though and the lobbies were one dungeon and then you had to quit and reform?

I mean, even if they fixed that the premise of the game is kind of busted in the remaster.