Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RareAcumen posted:

Hey now, 4 seasons is a pretty solid run for a show I'd say!

I know this is the anime chat thread but what's the weirdest thing you've seen in an anime or manga? I don't mean incomprehensible if you're not already 18 layers deep on understanding Japanese folklore and political history or something.

I'm thinking like that Turbo Teen gif of the guy werewolf transforming into a car.

im not going to bother retrieving the page of the trans manga from the wonder egg writer where a guy compares trans rights to the iraq war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought the true form of the parasite was weird or that one parasite that melded with that guys mouth.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

All of this is your fault
moi?!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

I know what "moi" means, but seeing it written still makes me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_UeLSeiOsg

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It would be cool if the vtuber thread came back just so i had somewhere to post about it that isn't a complete echo chamber. Reddit sucks.

The people who treat it like reality TV and obsessively posted about who said they wanted to marry who in Minecraft streams kind of ruined those threads so i can't blame the mods if they don't want to deal with it again.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I've never watched The Office. Who is Jim?

Kinda like Haida tbh, he has a “thing” for one of his coworkers except she likes him too but they just bullshit themselves because the latter’s “engaged”. Then they get married eventually, so you know, there’s something like a payoff.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 17, 2021

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Last Celebration posted:

Kinda like Haida tbh, he has a “thing” for one of his coworkers except she likes him too but they just bullshit themselves because the latter’s “engaged”. Then they get married eventually, so you know, there’s something like a payoff.

Umm...spoilers?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this trend of getting prominent Japanese artists to do alternate art cards for mtg.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgjp/status/1471676529298087936

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wudz posted:

update: liking this a lot
:haibrow:

Endorph posted:

i like the time a lady who draws hentai became a vtuber to do some Q&A stuff about doing that professionally and she just made jokes about her stories being bland, her possibly being a robot, and her having gotten fake tits

and also legitimately good advice of her realizing the field was more about being able to draw competently within a deadline rather than being the best artist ever
for the longest time i thought whenever people were talking about this they were referring to Hagino Makoto which confused me so much

she's since disappeared off youtube again which is a bummer, as her streams were super comfy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Umm...spoilers?

Oh oops, honestly I kinda figured the Office was so ubiquitous that anyone that didn’t know just didn’t care to watch it but that’s probably a dumb assumption

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Cygames_PR/status/1471721825042268161
Cygames crossover music video

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

It's kinda cliche but having Rowen and Hiro on opposite sides of the escalator was cute.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Everyone’s excited about seeing Granblue or Uma Musume or whatever in that video, I’m just happy Dragalia Lost gets its few seconds in the limelight.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Last Celebration posted:

Oh oops, honestly I kinda figured the Office was so ubiquitous that anyone that didn’t know just didn’t care to watch it but that’s probably a dumb assumption

Oh I thought you meant Aggretsuko.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know, the idols really arent helping with the giant monster

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

you know, the idols really arent helping with the giant monster

That was what disappointed me the most about the video. The Uma Musume girls got to beat up some monsters, but the 875 idols and Franchouchou didn't get to do poo poo, especially with the latter having an Obari mecha

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

realtalk the post about the ahegao capable avatar and the post about how one of them is becoming a real adult were kinda weird and i hope and pray you reflect upon this

EDIT: This was, in fact, not invictus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 17, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

realtalk the post about the ahegao capable avatar and the post about how one of them is becoming a real adult were kinda weird and i hope and pray you reflect upon this
I think you're mistaking me for someone else, I pretty much posted clips and remarked on what was going on on a given current stream

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i do not want to relitigate the sins of the past but my sincere hope is that when the vtuber thread opens on 1st january 2022 people can refrain from talking about the vtubers in sexual or infantilising terms and can instead post a video and say "lol cool video"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol cool post

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

i do not want to relitigate the sins of the past but my sincere hope is that when the vtuber thread opens on 1st january 2022 people can refrain from talking about the vtubers in sexual or infantilising terms and can instead post a video and say "lol cool video"

i will enforce this if the mods listen to the people

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i got invictus confused with nyskora and await judgement

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

yeah but I don't appreciate rewriting history so that I was the guy doing that, namtab. like I just did basically what you said you want the thread to be most of the time, just because I posted in the thread too doesn't mean I'm guilty by association.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real test of the vtuber thread will be when a vtuber makes a kind of funny sex joke and everyone has to discern if the appropriate response is 'lol' or an analytical breakdown of it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah but I don't appreciate rewriting history so that I was the guy doing that, namtab. like I just did basically what you said you want the thread to be most of the time, just because I posted in the thread too doesn't mean I'm guilty by association.

i was wrong :negative:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the mods will have my blood for this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf i will blame invictus for constantly posting about vtubers in a tangentially related thread that wasnt very receptive to the conversation

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

tbf i will blame invictus for constantly posting about vtubers in a tangentially related thread that wasnt very receptive to the conversation

let the record show that his motives were pure

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it did result in cum making an effortpost banme so it was worth it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab must now be killed.rip

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

the mods will have my blood for this

Prophecy fulfilled, now how will I see a Karen gif for the next 6 hours?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prior to vtuber chat unfortunately migrating here I think the only times I saw posts about vtubers was when Invictus would go into a random thread and try to shill whoever his favourite streamer at the time was and it always felt kinda weird.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite vtuber is this thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

My favorite vtuber is this thread

oh yeah? then wheres my superchats

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

This thread doesn't meet the requirements of 1000 subscribers for monetization.

-e-

Red Minjo posted:

Endorph, the living embodiment of the anime chat thread

To understand Vtubers, you must become the Vtubers.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 17, 2021

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Endorph, the living embodiment of the anime chat thread

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Endorph posted:

It turns out I've been giving money to the wrong Endorph this whole time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

EDIT: This was, in fact, not invictus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hEjDTonO90&t=1s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
free namtab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i'm not reading these 23 posts after the first one