Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Third rebel mostly done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Finished up my blade wizard Custodes conversion,

used greenstuff to attach the robe temporarily for a photo. Ended up using some Allarus Terminator stuff, Bastian Carthalos, and a random sigmarines sword that I had half primed from months ago.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I still have some work to do on these guys as well as the rest of my kommandos, but I was pretty pleased with these pictures taken by a staff member at the flgs during their first Kill Team tournament.

C&C welcome, as well as any advice on minimizing mold lines if it's even possible at this point.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Third rebel mostly done

looking good, I really like the weathering and highlighting

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Finished the Forgeworld Poxbringer and his bundle of nurglings.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

abravemoose posted:

Finished the Forgeworld Poxbringer and his bundle of nurglings.

Aww it's like a baby rotigus

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

I still have some work to do on these guys as well as the rest of my kommandos, but I was pretty pleased with these pictures taken by a staff member at the flgs during their first Kill Team tournament.

C&C welcome, as well as any advice on minimizing mold lines if it's even possible at this point.

Those, and the photography itself, look amazing.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Agreed, those look great. I'm so close to finishing mine up but I keep getting derailed.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Quick question: I airbrushed a mini with Mr Metal Color Dark Iron and I'm (very) happy with the sheen, but I want to seal it so I can airbrush some blue streaks over it and make touchups/corrections here and there. Which of these sealers would be the best to keep the metal finish?

Testors Sealer for Metalizer
Future
Mr Super Clear

This is what I'm going for more or less:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

C&C on this please, trying to follow along with the official guide, though I used gloss varnish instead of matte...

The next step would I guess be dry brushing but idk

First time using contrast paints and not liking it very much

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I am thinking of pickup the CMON Greyjoy starter kit because it has some nice poses. I was think of using the show for inspiration for a colour scheme but its way too muted to work on a miniscale.

So does anyone have any suggestions or seen something that would work?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I feel like an idiot for only just now realizing that CMON stands for cool mini or not

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
it actually stands for "come on". not even joking, a year or so ago they asked all media people to pronounce it as "come on games", of which approximately 95% made fun of it and went back to saying "see'mon".

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Bottom Liner posted:

it actually stands for "come on". not even joking, a year or so ago they asked all media people to pronounce it as "come on games", of which approximately 95% made fun of it and went back to saying "see'mon".

That honestly seems just as bad lol.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom posted:

Which of these sealers would be the best to keep the metal finish?

Update I threw some Future on there and it's fine. Yeah it's not quite as shiny but it's durable and still looks pretty good.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Marx Headroom posted:

Update I threw some Future on there and it's fine. Yeah it's not quite as shiny but it's durable and still looks pretty good.

i was going to say any gloss would be fine most likely

edit: wanted to share a unicorn im painting up for my sister as a christmas gift

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 16, 2021

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Bottom Liner posted:

Who wouldn't want to cum on games? Isn't that what all their miniatures are for??

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Texmo posted:

Who wouldn't want to cum on games? Isn't that what all their miniatures are for??

:wink:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sick kill team, love the colors!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Those are clean as gently caress. Are you a dana howl fan? This killteam reminds me of hers

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Finished up my first Deathshroud Terminators for my DG army. Think I'm finally settling on the scheme I want to use, now to just practice getting better at applying it. I also messed around with cork sheet on the basing and I like how it turned out. I think I'll be a little more adventurous on the next batch and try for some rebar poking out of concrete.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Aranan posted:

Finished up my first Deathshroud Terminators for my DG army. Think I'm finally settling on the scheme I want to use, now to just practice getting better at applying it. I also messed around with cork sheet on the basing and I like how it turned out. I think I'll be a little more adventurous on the next batch and try for some rebar poking out of concrete.

They were my favorite DG models to paint. So many interesting details. Yours came out so well.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Yeah, Death Guard models as a whole have been insanely detailed so far. They're a pleasure to look at and paint but also a little daunting because hitting those little maggots and all the detailed bits is tough.

I have 6 more deathshroud and 15 blightlords to paint now. Oof. At least I'll get practice!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Those look great.

And I'll never understand how Nurgle players aren't just constantly barfing in their mouths from all the depictions of poo poo, blood, puss and maggots they paint.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My wife is a critical care nurse and has given me many pointers on how to realistically depict infected wounds, pus, maggots, etc. She offers to show me reference photos. I politely decline.

For me it's just an easy, clear divide between little plastic army men and real life stuff.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm a pharmacist that's seen plenty of injuries, necrotized tissue, collapsed body parts and all other manner of medical unpleasantries and the Nurgle stuff doesn't even gracefully brush past my puke button. I just don't care for the drippy grimy gutsy goo look so my zombies are all converted skeletons and things are painted to look like fungal growths instead.

Those dudes are crisp and clean/gross though, great job.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

Those are clean as gently caress. Are you a dana howl fan? This killteam reminds me of hers

I am! I stole her tip on undershading the burna boy's scars with pink before I painted the skin, but otherwise my whole process was more akin to a Marco Frisoni speedpaint. I played around with purple mixes for an entire evening before I found just the right shade. Time well spent, imo

Mistaken For Bacon fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 17, 2021

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Part of me wishes I had been brave enough to do purple orks back when I started my army.
The other part of me is glad I didn't because after doing purple space marines now I know how hard it is to get consistently good purples.
Yours look spectacular, good job.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
10mm mounted squires

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

10mm mounted squires

These are fantastic.

But I refuse to believe you can paint eyes on 10mm dudes. I’m too scared to try even at 28 given my disasters so far.

Brilliant work.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Beffer posted:

But I refuse to believe you can paint eyes on 10mm dudes. I’m too scared to try even at 28 given my disasters so far.

not only eyes but i have been painting the specular highlight on lips at 10mm (which you probably can't see in these photos) but im pretty drat proud

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

10mm mounted squires

Outstanding work! I need to get back to my 10mm Chaos dudes at some point. :)

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I got more Steel Legion infantry painted up.

And a ride for them.

And some fire support.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Nebalebadingdong posted:

10mm mounted squires

Sauce for the minis/STLs?

Beffer posted:

But I refuse to believe you can paint eyes on 10mm dudes.
You can, it's a massive pain in the rear end and a thing of the kind you do once on a bet and never again.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Just a little guy

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Pierzak posted:

Sauce for the minis/STLs?

https://forestdragon.gumroad.com/

I get all my bretonnian prints from overseas from here:
https://printingindetail.co.uk/

long shipping but I think they're the best 10mm printers in the business

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Nebalebadingdong posted:

https://forestdragon.gumroad.com/

I get all my bretonnian prints from overseas from here:
https://printingindetail.co.uk/

long shipping but I think they're the best 10mm printers in the business

someone could spend a lot of money there...

Fortunately I've got about 25,000pts of Epic to paint first. Not even kidding.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Virtual Russian posted:

someone could spend a lot of money there...

Fortunately I've got about 25,000pts of Epic to paint first. Not even kidding.

well Warmaster and epic are small so you can collect alot more of it without feeling bad

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Unicorn is finished. a lot I would still like to touch up and fix but christmas party is today so out it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Working on some models for the game Reign in Hell. Gonna use this Reaper Efreeti as a leader for my army.