Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

What are some top notch single player games that don't require an internet connection? Next weekend I'll be chillin w/ the family at an area with limited internet service.

flipflip solitaire for me. There's not really much to it but I always keep going back for some reason :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...
In addition to whats already been mentioned.

You must build a boat.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Chalk is Cheap posted:

In addition to whats already been mentioned.

You must build a boat.

A good suggestion. I put this one off for years because it didn't look like my thing from screenshots. Turns out it's way more fun than it has any right to be.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Have you tried any Arnold Rauers games? Everything I've played of his is pretty simple on it's face but has a fair bit of mechanical depth to it. I've only played Card Crawl and Card Thief of his, but I've heard good things about Enyo and Miracle Merchant as well.

Oh, and IIRC all his games are free with a small purchase to remove ads. The ads are pretty unobtrusive though.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I like his games but they murder your battery

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Ff7 Royale is pretty fun. I've gotten maybe 4 games in. Plus trying to drop the coliseum and dying 5 or 6 times.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Majik Ninja posted:

Ff7 Royale is pretty fun. I've gotten maybe 4 games in. Plus trying to drop the coliseum and dying 5 or 6 times.

Yeah, it is fun. Kinda waiting for an emulator to support it thought because oh god my neck, especially if I'm playing with a pad.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, it is fun. Kinda waiting for an emulator to support it thought because oh god my neck, especially if I'm playing with a pad.

time to embrace the Loser Hat

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's a fapping hat if I ever done seen one before.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
If anyone has any vague interest in playing Dragonball Legends, the surprisingly well designed gacha fighting game, now is the time to start for sure.

They just got done implementing a ridiculous amount of QoL upgrades over the past month or so, almost all of which were suggestions from f2p players and new players that nobody ever thought would get put in. But as of an hour ago, their yearly December celebration, "Legends Festival" just started and I think it might be the most generous gacha event I've seen?

I'm not gonna go on and on about it, but the 2 main banners are actually just unbelievably good. Play for 2 weeks and put all your free premium currency in the 10 pulls for Goku/Vegeta banner and your team will probably be better than the one I've been putting together for the past year.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Lol

Jul 20, 2006
Seconding recommendations for Card Quest and Solitairica. Was obsessed with both of them for a while, wondering whether to reinstall Solitairica...

Both have a bit of long-term progression to keep you coming back for more.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gentleman Baller posted:

If anyone has any vague interest in playing Dragonball Legends, the surprisingly well designed gacha fighting game, now is the time to start for sure.

They just got done implementing a ridiculous amount of QoL upgrades over the past month or so, almost all of which were suggestions from f2p players and new players that nobody ever thought would get put in. But as of an hour ago, their yearly December celebration, "Legends Festival" just started and I think it might be the most generous gacha event I've seen?

I'm not gonna go on and on about it, but the 2 main banners are actually just unbelievably good. Play for 2 weeks and put all your free premium currency in the 10 pulls for Goku/Vegeta banner and your team will probably be better than the one I've been putting together for the past year.

I'll check it out. I always mix this up with Dokkan Battle.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's a fapping hat if I ever done seen one before.

Ah, so THAT'S why I was told it'd make me cross-eyed.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a free voice recording app for the Android that doesn't have ads (or at least, none that are too obtrusive)? On my previous OnePlus 6 it had an app for this built into the system, but my current Samsung doesn't seem like it has one built into it.

I found a few on the app store but their ads really get in the way, like I'm trying to browse for the record button and it hits me with an ad.

Just to be clear, I'm not necessarily against ads, just one ones like this that take up the whole screen and make me 30 seconds and they do it suddenly in the middle of me navigating the UI.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Try this one

I just searched for "voice recorder" on F-droid, which is pretty good for small utility stuff like that since it only has open source apps, which generally stay free from obnoxious ads and monetization.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks so much, that works perfectly!

Also just realised I posted this in the Gaming thread and not the general Android thread, my b!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Wrong thread yadda yadda but my Samsung S10+ had a voice recorder. (but back to OnePlus now)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looks like there might be a somewhat decent PS2 emulator for Android in the works.
https://pcsx2.net/301-aethersx2-pcsx2-mobile.html
https://youtu.be/jakIupKQNlI

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Its depressing how hard it is to find a good list of board games that are multiplayer on android.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a new 2D Rocket League out for mobile that's actually kinda decent if that's your thing. Doesn't seem quite as satisfying to play as the real deal but it's a pretty effective reimagining of the game on a 2D plane I think.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Anyone playing Deep Space D6? Seems like fun, simple dice game where you manage threats on a space expedition. Doesn't take long for a run.

edit: Immediately after posting this, I'm just getting wrecked on every run now. lol I had one good run and now I'm just getting snowballed as the threats rack up and this on easy. I am now convinced that I'm doing something extremely wrong.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 1, 2021

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Its depressing how hard it is to find a good list of board games that are multiplayer on android.

here is one, you might have to click through to the later pages for the more recent games

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72020/android-versions-actual-boardgames

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JuffoWup posted:

World of Airports.

Still playing this game a lot, I'm on the third airport and think I actually have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics now so I'm really digging it. I can see why they tried with the minigames because there really isn't that much to *do* when things are going if you have them all disabled. It's mostly just waiting for a yellow thing to pop up and tap on it and occasionally buy upgrades or new planes, but drat it's pretty compelling building up an airport over time into a bustling hub. I've bought a few small planes on the first two maps, but you seemingly can't take planes with you to another airport and I don't plan on going back to play the earlier levels so I'm not wasting too much money on buying planes just yet.

There's no pause though so it's dangerous if you play in bed while half asleep. I've dozed off before and woken up to a bunch of pissed off planes who aren't getting serviced and it takes a bit to get caught up when you fall behind. Would really like the ability to control which runways are used, I'm on the third airport which has two but afaik I can only use one of them which kinda sucks.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

explosivo posted:

Still playing this game a lot, I'm on the third airport and think I actually have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics now so I'm really digging it. I can see why they tried with the minigames because there really isn't that much to *do* when things are going if you have them all disabled. It's mostly just waiting for a yellow thing to pop up and tap on it and occasionally buy upgrades or new planes, but drat it's pretty compelling building up an airport over time into a bustling hub. I've bought a few small planes on the first two maps, but you seemingly can't take planes with you to another airport and I don't plan on going back to play the earlier levels so I'm not wasting too much money on buying planes just yet.

There's no pause though so it's dangerous if you play in bed while half asleep. I've dozed off before and woken up to a bunch of pissed off planes who aren't getting serviced and it takes a bit to get caught up when you fall behind. Would really like the ability to control which runways are used, I'm on the third airport which has two but afaik I can only use one of them which kinda sucks.

Yeah, did some research and apparently the devs are saying the engine just can't handle it or something. That said, the fourth airport is iad which from what I'm reading is the really fun airport. Possibly because they did get multi-runways to work.. sort of. You'll be able to unlock the other runway for departures only. Which should make things so much easier. Also, if you aren't aware, the game tracks planes only once on the stands. If you clear them to take off and they are on the taxiway, the game pretends normal operation and ignores their status stuck in taxiway traffic hell. You can fix this by just going back to the main menu and then coming back. All taxiing planes are removed. Useful especially on the 3rd airport since for a reason that triggers me, they have cargo aircraft use the same taxiway as for the runway instead of the other taxiway directly linking between the passenger and cargo terminals.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I can't imagine how backed up Prague gets if you actually unlock all the stands. I have like 10-12 stands right now and if I don't clear out the takeoffs occasionally it gums up almost as bad as the first one.

I'm kind of annoyed that X planes don't give big jumps in revenue over Ls. I've had Ls give more than Xs in my pattern.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUzKcC_S8o

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What the actual gently caress is around her neck?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Appears to be a necklace or choker.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sometimes women wear jewelry or other accessories

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Izzzyzzz is cool and good. She wears quite a lot of things like that and neat makeup. Her videos are very fun watches.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Someone didn't shop at Hot Topic in the late 90's - early 00's.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zotix posted:

What the actual gently caress is around her neck?

Anti chokehold device

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
Are there any good Android games similar to Loop Hero? Something where you are building your dungeon as you go?

(I'm familiar with Slice and Dice and it's great btw)

Fyi there is an Android version of their test alpha, it plays well but is rather limited

https://fourquarters.itch.io/loopathero-demo

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I wouldn't say it's like Loop Hero, but Guild of Dungeoneering is about placing dungeon tiles as you explore it, and is quite a bit of fun. It's also one of those premium mobile games where pay once and don't have to deal with any freemium bullshit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have been playing a lot of Super Auto Pets and would like everyone to know. It has cute animals who fight to the death.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Push El Burrito posted:

I have been playing a lot of Super Auto Pets and would like everyone to know. It has cute animals who fight to the death.
I got it on steam for $5 and I can see myself relaxing to it for 40 minutes several more times.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah it is pretty much my number one game and I can't spent a cent on it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, I just couldn't get into super auto pets. I didn't really give it too much time tbh but I could never accurately math out how much damage things would give/take and it was frustrating me. There is also such a variety of animals that I had no idea what the abilities were. It seems like a great game and with time I'm sure that stuff becomes easier but it just didn't do it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It took me a bit to get into Super Auto Pets just because I initially didn't like how easily you can buff up literally any animal through repeated use of food.

After a while I came around on it and I think it's a strength of the game. Pretty much every animal is viable, and even though later animals have much better abilities, it can be worth it to just build up early animals for a win. Hell, my last win was a bunch of Tier 1 and 2 animals. Mostly because I found a pretty early penguin and had 3 level 2 animals already, so it was a no-brainer to just buff the hell out of my existing animals.

The asymmetrical nature of it also makes it a lot more casual and perfect for mobile.