Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for posting a video of my husband dancing?

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Also still lol'ing at the "destroying lovely IOT cameras is violence" pearl clutching

You should smash all your lovely IOT things anyway, 90% are security nightmares but doubly so when your ex-spouse used them to farm internet points by violating your privacy.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Destroy yes, but not destroy the walls at the same time! Carefully unhook them first :colbert:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

killerwhat posted:

Destroy yes, but not destroy the walls at the same time! Carefully unhook them first :colbert:

I'd guess that's actually what happened, "ripped off the wall" could mean a lot. My guess is they're those lovely cheap wireless "smart home" ones that you just sticky to the wall and such so just minor paint damage.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lost my job for gross misconduct, what now?

I had acted inappropriately at a work do. What do I say to future employers asking why I left and how can I mitigate my losses here? My company stated they would not mention it to future employers and I got that in writing, but I am still worried.

Cheers

Edit: I was chanting IRA songs in England, in an English company and being a general dick head to people and other members of staff. I’m not even Irish.

Edit 2: wowzers this got more popular than I imagined, thanks for all the great responses. I wasn’t at my company long but, I think I’ll mention that it wasn’t right for me and I wasn’t being utilised appropriately. I’m just worried they’ll be asking about leaving early as apposed to just switching over jobs, hopefully I’ll figure out something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvvtZIwh4Bs

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Also still lol'ing at the "destroying lovely IOT cameras is violence" pearl clutching

You should smash all your lovely IOT things anyway, 90% are security nightmares but doubly so when your ex-spouse used them to farm internet points by violating your privacy.

There really is no reason for my electric toothbrush (that was gifted to me) to have bluetooth and IOT capabilities

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

value-brand cereal posted:

I dont get the pop culture joke but go ahead and defend domestic violence as if thats normal acceptable behavior 🙂

That's a very generous definition of domestic violence.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I dont get the pop culture joke but go ahead and defend domestic violence as if thats normal acceptable behavior 🙂

Noted pop culture figure Kyle rittenhouse

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Well its important to have hobbies, and it'll give him a outlet to focus on. God willing we all find a hobby like that.

Eta rape jokes? Yeah i second the take a break from the internet.

lmao apologies if your assuredly delicate and fine sensibilities are harmed by my response to the actual nausea your attempts to frame the creepshots lady as somehow the victim of the whole exchange because she didn't get her secret cameras back inspire, you loving hog. why don't you call the police about it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Well its important to have hobbies, and it'll give him a outlet to focus on. God willing we all find a hobby like that.

Eta rape jokes? Yeah i second the take a break from the internet.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here but this is among the most bitchmade posts I’ve ever seen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

He better lawyer up before *checks notes* that drywall charges him with domestic violence

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Johnny Truant posted:

He better lawyer up before *checks notes* that drywall charges him with domestic violence

I guess you could argue that breaking the cameras and displaying them could be an implied threat? I dunno.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

That’s not what “housewife” means

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao apologies if your assuredly delicate and fine sensibilities are harmed by my response to the actual nausea your attempts to frame the creepshots lady as somehow the victim of the whole exchange because she didn't get her secret cameras back inspire, you loving hog. why don't you call the police about it

"We have this rule here: "Don't be a dick." You are being a dick. Take a break and consider How Not To Be A Dick. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours." I wish this worked for you.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Noted pop culture figure Kyle rittenhouse

I'm not making a joke. I don't know who that is.

The husband's guy friends made fun of and emasculated him because he was caught doing 'womens work' so the husband took it out on the one target he could get away with by destroying communal property and locking her out of the house they both live in. The cameras were not secret spy cams, they were in home security cameras, ones he most likely knew were installed because he lives there. The dude is a domestic abuser. I'm sorry you all think evicting your spouse on a angry whim is a normal thing and wish you well getting that sorted out. I'm letting this go and hope y'all will get over yourselves too. Inshallah.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

"We have this rule here: "Don't be a dick." You are being a dick. Take a break and consider How Not To Be A Dick. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours." I wish this worked for you.

The husband's guy friends made fun of and emasculated him because he was caught doing 'womens work' so the husband took it out on the one target he could get away with by destroying communal property and locking her out of the house they both live in. The cameras were not secret spy cams, they were in home security cameras, ones he most likely knew were installed because he lives there. The dude is a domestic abuser. I'm sorry you all think evicting your spouse on a angry whim is a normal thing and wish you well getting that sorted out. I'm letting this go and hope y'all will get over yourselves too. Inshallah.

Hey, I know you just got kicked out of your place by your husband and had to delete your most successful Instagram post on the same day but that's no reason to give out imaginary probations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

We've reached the "I'm only pretending to be stupid" stage. Next stop is the puppetmaster defense.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google the name.

Breaking poo poo can be domestic violence, but the entirety of his response in this... To do it while she's away and then calmly pack her bags for her and explain how she hosed up and how they're over? Contextually, it doesn't fit to me. Severing is also not abuse.

It isn't okay to film someone and put that online just because he knew the cameras were there. She crossed a boundary and destroyed his trust in her, and so he's severing. If I was filmed in private and my SO posted that online without saying a word to me, I'd also be getting the hell out of there.

Also it said nothing about emasculating/women's work, you made that up. It was dancing. He doesn't like people seeing him dance. Maybe he's bad at it? He got a whole lot of grief over it at any rate.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Look at this scrub, doesn’t know who the bad guy from the new Star Wars is :rolleyes:

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

hey shut the gently caress up

if you don't care enough about the world you live in to know a name that's been all over the news for months, you have nothing of value to contribute to any discussion

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

my proclamation is that smashing internet-connected cameras inside your own home is never wrong :angel:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Have you all considered logging off???

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on guys, you’re ruining National Maple Syrup Day.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SirSamVimes posted:

When did "psycho" start meaning "someone who disagrees with me on the internet"?

1986, people have kept trying to make it a thing ever since.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Your brain is smoother than a slolem track lmfao

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

PancakeTransmission posted:

Have you all considered logging off???

yes, i have considered it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I wouldn't go that far until we've seen his dancing

There is no wrong way to dance unless you start including other people who don't want to be a part of it. Even when you're doing it wrong, you're doing it right.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boo this goon.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Grade B supremacy, down with the Grade A waffle defilers

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SiKboy posted:

You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends wife behind.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pondex posted:

Looks like someone at the Guardian was annoyed at only getting one side of the story from relationship-posts (and there's a whole series):

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/17/you-be-the-judge-should-my-mum-stop-being-a-christmas-decorations-tyrant

Voting is still open on who's TA. It's the mom.

This part proves how much of an rear end in a top hat she is:

quote:

When Ciara was small, she’d bring back decorations she’d made at school. I’d say, “Yes, it’s lovely darling,” then hide it around the back

My parents still have the lovely fridge magnet I made when I was five on the front of their fridge. It's ugly and the writing on it is entirely illegible but that magnet has survived nine moves because they don't judge a child's work on whether it's ugly (it is).

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hahahahaha what the gently caress is this?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Goons itt posting trigger warnings for the film Office Space because of its graphic depictions of domestic violence.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Value-brand cereal's posting is so bad it makes me want to break some of my stuff and then tell them about it.

Yes, that is a threat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hahahahaha what the gently caress is this?

It didn't work?!?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://i.imgur.com/JzuBZU6.mp4

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Grade B supremacy, down with the Grade A waffle defilers
There's no more grade B, just "Grade A Dark" since like 2016. I hope you haven't been rationing a jug since then due to inability to find grade B on the shelves.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
TIL that there's different grades of maple syrup

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dancing Husband reads like one of those old timey fairy tales where a magical creature helps you on one seemingly weird condition and then you gently caress up and break the only thing they put in place, but modern and I say I hope he turns hay into strands of silk for a woman who respects his no dancing rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Oh hey stupid derails you say?

AITA Told my wife I’d rather be glued to my phone over being glued to her

quote:

My wife (28F) and I (30M) were walking one day and she asks “would you rather be glued to your phone forever or be glued to me forever?” I responded “my phone because I can take it with me every where and it would not impede my work or life”. She got very upset because I chose my phone over her. In her WYR scenario, if I was glued to her, we both couldn’t work, we both would have to share every dump, etc. But she thinks that by picking my phone, I value it over her. AITA?