Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Kjaer out for six months. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Doctor Malaver posted:

Might start plastic for Atalanta.

This was a good call.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

atalanta are good lads who mean well, there are worse teams to go for imo

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Atalanta is my current favourite to win it; they usually start way worse than they finish, and Napoli seems to be already collapsing. I think it'll be a nailbiter till the end, this year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Atalanta is my current favourite to win it; they usually start way worse than they finish, and Napoli seems to be already collapsing. I think it'll be a nailbiter till the end, this year.

Somebody needs to do something about Inter because they honestly look the strongest. Bring back Simone "Spiasse per i ragassi" Inzaghi pls

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

Kjaer out for six months. :suicide:
he shoulda been more kjaerful haha

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Somebody needs to do something about Inter because they honestly look the strongest. Bring back Simone "Spiasse per i ragassi" Inzaghi pls

Seeing how Lazio look under Sarri, maybe Inzaghi is actually a great coach

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

Seeing how Lazio look under Sarri, maybe Inzaghi is actually a great coach

Or Sarri is a fraud.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
bologna always has a really nice kit

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Milan are providing great coaching-course material. Amazing mid-season collapses.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Milan are providing great coaching-course material. Amazing mid-season collapses.

we're the new napoli

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

its a good thing to be bailed out to get a point with one of the last kicks of the game by your paleozoic era striker actually

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

huh, i just realized that as of this season, milan's the club ibrahimovic has spent the most time at. my intuition would have said psg

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

its a good thing to be bailed out to get a point with one of the last kicks of the game by your paleozoic era striker actually

He's our only fit striker too, which is it's own ridiculous problem. I was just thinking about how long it's been since I've seen Rebic on the pitch; I thought his injury wasn't that serious but I guess it was.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

There’s a non zero chance that Salernitana get thrown out of the league on December 31st because nobody has come forward to buy the club from Lotito.

Given they’re dead last and probably not moving up any time soon I wonder if the league will just continue to let them be owned by the Laudio Cotito Trust or whatever and let them get relegated so they can ignore the problem, in extremely Italian fashion.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

There’s a non zero chance that Salernitana get thrown out of the league on December 31st because nobody has come forward to buy the club from Lotito.

Given they’re dead last and probably not moving up any time soon I wonder if the league will just continue to let them be owned by the Laudio Cotito Trust or whatever and let them get relegated so they can ignore the problem, in extremely Italian fashion.

Ignoring the problem is what got them registered in Serie A in the first place, sounds like the appropriate fix imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Ignoring the problem is what got them registered in Serie A in the first place, sounds like the appropriate fix imo

Hello Mr. Lotito

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

goon project: let's buy Salernitana

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/Inter/status/1471842765856256001

Welcome to Odense

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Is he actually gonna play in Denmark? That'd be cool; I imagine he'll at least be involved with a football club there if not somewhere else.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
No one really knows, I doubt he will go back to Odense even if that is where he started. He has been training with them though, and it would be fun. They are dreaming of it at least.

(which would make it even funnier if Copenhagen somehow got him)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

who would you guys say are the best defenders in the league rn

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

who would you guys say are the best defenders in the league rn

Not necessarily in order, but I'd go with all 3 of Inter's main CBs (Bastoni, Skirinar, De Vrij), Koulibaly (not as incredible as he was a few years ago but still v good), Bremer, Tomori, Demiral (:negative:), De Ligt (makes occasional mistakes but is frequently excellent too), Bonucci has his moments still, Fiorentina's CBs are pretty good too (Milenkovic and Quarta).

I can't really think of any great defending full backs these days, almost all the best full backs are essentially wing backs, even if they play in a back 4.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I largely agree with trem; biased but I’d put Tomori ahead of Bastoni but behind Skriniar. Bremer is going to get a nice payday but my hot take is that he’ll fall apart as a leader.

Agree that Inters defense is the strongest. I’d put Kjaer near the top but he’s out for the season and I don’t think he’s going to come back as strong.

I think Atalanta’s defense is underrated. Maybe not as individuals but Palomino and Toloi with a strong center back are very good. I don’t know that Demiral is that guy but he’s still quite good.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
watching Serie A since england’s shut down and Roma just scored the jankiest goal I’ve seen in ages

in under 1 minute

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

watching Serie A since england’s shut down and Roma just scored the jankiest goal I’ve seen in ages

in under 1 minute

Im glad I just hyped Atalanta’s defense in the previous post lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
they’re a hot mess, not at all what I was expecting

also, lol at that goal too

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

trem_two posted:

Not necessarily in order, but I'd go with all 3 of Inter's main CBs (Bastoni, Skirinar, De Vrij), Koulibaly (not as incredible as he was a few years ago but still v good), Bremer, Tomori, Demiral (:negative:), De Ligt (makes occasional mistakes but is frequently excellent too), Bonucci has his moments still, Fiorentina's CBs are pretty good too (Milenkovic and Quarta).

I can't really think of any great defending full backs these days, almost all the best full backs are essentially wing backs, even if they play in a back 4.

Gigi Galli posted:

I largely agree with trem; biased but I’d put Tomori ahead of Bastoni but behind Skriniar. Bremer is going to get a nice payday but my hot take is that he’ll fall apart as a leader.

Agree that Inters defense is the strongest. I’d put Kjaer near the top but he’s out for the season and I don’t think he’s going to come back as strong.

I think Atalanta’s defense is underrated. Maybe not as individuals but Palomino and Toloi with a strong center back are very good. I don’t know that Demiral is that guy but he’s still quite good.

good thoughts. i was honestly fishing for opinions on de ligt and koulilaby. the former cuz i've thought he's pretty good whenever i see him but i can't be bothered to watch juve even occassionally anymore and for the latter i thought the same, he's not quite as good as before.

shame about kjaer for sure

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

they’re a hot mess, not at all what I was expecting

also, lol at that goal too

If you asked anyone how this Mourinho Roma was going to turn out vs this incredibly in league form Atalanta yesterday, nobody would’ve said that Roma would’ve won let alone score 4. If anyone tells you otherwise they are lying.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol i can't see poo poo in the bologna v juve match because of all the fog. juve in white doesn't help

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This Milan midfield performance is pure strain banter era poo poo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This poo poo is embarrassing. Abysmal on all fronts. Literally just mail the title to Juventus and call it a season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Last phase of the match has just been Maignan and Tomori punting it at Zlatan from 60 yards away, they've seen enough from Kessie and Bennacer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ayyy lmao

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmaooo, never saw that coming and was about to post about 9000 lovely crosses

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
now that is a first

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
shocking decision

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
https://twitter.com/MilanPosts/status/1472688889987051523

For high pressure, high profile games, the AIA assigns the best and most experienced referees, whose performance is meant to set a precedent for how the game should be interpreted, not only for other referees, but also for players throughout the Federcalcio. This offside call is a good representation of the pedantic culture they want.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Buon loving Natale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Salernitana did not leave for Udine; the local health authority didn’t allow them to due to covid protocols. So I guess we’re the next league to (not) get cancelled.