Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
While that is a top 5 all time Ravens receiving Corp it is only mediocre by NFL standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Marquise Brown
Rashod Bateman
Sammy Watkins
Mark Andrews

That's three first round wideouts and a borderline all-pro tight end. If their stats aren't good enough, that's on the QBs. Anyone should be able to do well with that.

Not to mention Devin Duvernay has a neat skillset we don't get the most out of in my opinion.

Not a single of those wrs are a real number 1 and I'm the biggest Hollywood supporter here

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Metapod posted:

Not a single of those wrs are a real number 1 and I'm the biggest Hollywood supporter here

Bateman can absolutely be a real #1. Watkins has shown that he is a real #1 when healthy but we haven't gotten nearly as much out of him as other teams have. Brown is a great slot guy. And again with Andrews out there. We should be able to do some serious damage through the air and we just can't.

Definitely not a mediocre group. Mediocre production maybe. But not mediocre talent.

Same old song and dance. Come to Baltimore and watch your receiving numbers plummet.

The Ravens are to wideouts as the Orioles are to pitchers. Only sign there if you want to destroy your career.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Watkins is producing the same amount as he was with the chiefs

Bateman is a rookie who has had some good games and may be a number 1 in a season or 2 but he's not one now

Brown is a great slot but his role is larger than slot

Andrews is good

The ravens have no halfbacks nor an oc who can draw up good passing plays consistently this effects things a lot more than whatever you are blaming lamar for. It's a team game losing your run game makes passing harder.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Devonta Freeman is fine. Total bullshit that the Ravens are that destitute at HB. He's got 4.3 yards per carry on over 100 attempts. That is comparable to most starters in the league and better than a lot of them even. And he's even shown himself to be a decent pass catcher. For a guy you get off the scrap heap he's been a god drat miracle. For comparison Terry Allen and Jason Brookins got 3.9 and 3.6 yards per carry respectively in 2001.

Would even one of Dobbins or Edwards been way better? Absolutely. Is "The Ravens have no halfbacks" a good excuse for Lamar Jackson's terrible play as the season has gone on? Absolutely not.

Again we were doing even worse at HB early in the season and he wasn't playing this poorly.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens have one healthy lineman who belongs in the league and if you say thats bad then you are demanding 10 all pros to support and carry lamar jackson

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

2012 michael oher would comfortably be the best lineman on this ravens team. infact the only lineman on the ravens who would make the 2012 roster, at all would be bozeman and im not sure they wouldnt have cut him for a swing tackle. that teams line loving sucked too lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Im not really sure what you are expecting lamar to do in his situation he's not Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers where he's going to break down every defense and make the optimal throw before his bad oline can make a difference he's not that guy he's going to out talent you and his team's offense went into the season expecting to continue being a dominant run team with a healthy oline and hbs and not being that is a huge a deal

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

So then why was he doing so much better at finding his receivers earlier in the season? I can see if we started the year like you said and then gradually grew into the team we actually are. But we started off coping decently and have gotten worse. I expect Lamar to improve the team's chances of winning which he has done like once since the Colts game.

Look at his play in the Denver game and compare it to this. Something has happened. Remember that's the game where we had to squeeze out that hundredth yard.

I was confident in this team then.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 18, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

So then why was he doing so much better at finding his receivers earlier in the season? I can see if we started the year like you said and then gradually grew into the team we actually are. But we started off coping decently and have gotten worse.

Teams got film of the offense

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Teams got film of the offense

Total nonsense. Film of the offense has been available since week 1.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

as opposed to the sensical thing where you just insist Using Wrs is a dial you turn up or down and turning it up is both simple and always correct to do for super nebulous reasons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Total nonsense. Film of the offense has been available since week 1.

???? Teams get figured out all the time throughout the year you got to be able to adjust

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

???? Teams get figured out all the time throughout the year you got to be able to adjust

Which is what I'm saying. We were perfectly capable of adjusting until Lamar completely fell apart mentally and started throwing passes straight to the other teams and not being able to hit wide open guys.

Ghost Dog posted:

as opposed to the sensical thing where you just insist Using Wrs is a dial you turn up or down and turning it up is both simple and always correct to do for super nebulous reasons

Getting the ball to 3-4 different receivers has been an important part of running a modern NFL offense for most teams. We're one of a handful that lags behind.

When Boldin was here before the playoff run everyone said he was "washed", "Overrated", "not a real top receiver it was all just fitzgerald"(despite his being there for like two seasons before fitzgerald was drafted but i digress) when his numbers in Baltimore were nowhere near what they were in Arizona.

Then when he went to SF after we dumped him for a 6th, suddenly his numbers were comparable to his old production. I wonder why.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I was confident in this team then.

whoops you went too far this time buddy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Barreft posted:

whoops you went too far this time buddy

After that game? Yes I was. I straight up said the thing about "We win that game this time" about the Buffalo playoff loss the week after that game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i mean the ravens were much better than they are now and also better than everyone else in the league when they didnt throw as much so your whole very arbitrary premise doesn't even work for that.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They were so much better then, they're dumber than that now

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they got dumber cause some guy kept posting Use Wide Receivers cause he once saw brandon stokley catch a TD and thought that was the reason peyton manning was good instead of the other way around

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

only 3 teams have more than one reciever with 100 or more targets, the chiefs, the chargers and...the Baltimore ravens. tampa is one mike evans target short of this too.

probably anyway im on my phone and didnt look that close. lamar yeet yeet YEET

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yes we have targeted Andrews and Brown a lot. But look at the other receivers we have in comparison. We don't spread the ball around. We've always been like this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*watching the best running game of all time easily roast every team* it would be much better if all these first downs and tds were incomplete passes targeted to tandon doss

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

*watching the best running game of all time easily roast every team* it would be much better if all these first downs and tds were incomplete passes targeted to tandon doss

Definitely wasn't saying that with the 2019 team. If we were doing 2019 again I wouldn't care less about who was getting targets. But 2019 hasn't happened again so I do.

I don't really even remember what I was saying about the 2019 team. I don't think there was much to say a lot of the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

awuzie will not be playing this sunday afternoon. going to be a rough one after trae waynes plays 1 quarter and is then placed on IR. that's a little gallows humor as well as talking poorly about my team, as one of the boys.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It owns that the Titans destroyed Lamar Jackson and Jim Harbaugh twice. That’s what divisional rivalries are all about though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It owns that the Titans destroyed Lamar Jackson and Jim Harbaugh twice. That’s what divisional rivalries are all about though

You mean John...right?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I forget. Who cares. Pleated pants wearing rear end bitch. Xan poppin rear end

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I didn't read any of that but hot drat I love a good kawalimussing. I saw a bald eagle today and my cockatiel flew onto my head twice. Everything is coming up afcn.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I forget. Who cares. Pleated pants wearing rear end bitch. Xan poppin rear end

please try to use things such as words when posting in the afcn thread

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Frostee Rucker

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tandon Mic Doss

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I forgot this name. Hall of fame name.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s up there for sure. Right behind chinedum ndukwe.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

only 3 teams have more than one reciever with 100 or more targets, the chiefs, the chargers and...the Baltimore ravens. tampa is one mike evans target short of this too.

probably anyway im on my phone and didnt look that close. lamar yeet yeet YEET

you think kawa actually looks at stats? he's too good for that. he just got back at the gym and actually its very funny you're still making reasonable points instead of asking for jim harbaugh to be fired

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Welcome back Borsche thanks for not using the N Word in a post this time

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
This board daily supports an on going genocide so go easy on the holier than thou

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dolphins ran cover 0 at the ravens and gave everyone a blueprint of how to properly pressure lamar. it happens. it’s less that “there’s more tape” and more that “there’s tape of how to completely shut down the ravens offense”

Despera posted:

This board daily supports an on going genocide so go easy on the holier than thou

i mean i’ve never posted the n word. it’s not hard. just don’t do it, it’s that easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe this board support genocide against gamers on the daily